Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

ZRace XG calipers- how do you bleed?

<< < (3/3)

jonathanf2:
On AliEx, you can get a pair of Shimano GRX 400 calipers for slightly more than a pair of ZRace XG calipers. Way better performance and easier to adjust overall.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805058833940.html

Takiyaki:
I honestly might just go that route if I'm not satisfied with a proper bleed. I'm usually strict about going Shimano for shifting... Looks like I need to adopt the same rule for brakes. I had a set of super light rim brakes (can't remember the name) that were terrible... I broke down and got 105s which have been great.

Sebastian:
I’ve just build a gravel bike for the wife and paired Zrace XG with LTWOO GR9 brifters. I’ve found them quite easy to bleed actually. But yes, Shimano is definitely easier to handle.

Takiyaki:
I did a proper bleed and it's much better. I think I wrecked the front pads/rotor with mineral oil though. Back brakes have way more grip than front. But those Hope instructions were really helpful.

jonathanf2:

--- Quote from: Takiyaki on September 20, 2024, 04:15:34 PM ---I did a proper bleed and it's much better. I think I wrecked the front pads/rotor with mineral oil though. Back brakes have way more grip than front. But those Hope instructions were really helpful.

--- End quote ---

Clean the rotors with alcohol or acetone. Torch them for a few seconds with a flame to burn off the mineral oil. Sand them down with a fine grit sound paper to rough up the surface.

For the pads you can just torch them and sand them and they should be useable again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version