Author Topic: Klaster_1's Dengfu M06 build  (Read 4899 times)

Midwest-MTBer

• View Profile
Re: Klaster_1's Dengfu M06 build
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2017, 11:43:26 PM »
Looks really good! I'm really curious how this frame compares to the 036.
Definitely an upgrade in terms of linkage. The geometry is very different, two different beasts.

When you finish your build and feel like you know the bike, I'd be really interested in a thread comparing them. Not only the geometry, but ride quality too!

steven-iam

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2017, 06:21:14 AM »
BB30 cranks in BB92 - done.
what adapter did you use to fit a BB30 crank?

dementia

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2017, 06:25:11 AM »
I don't know how to have a correct feedback with a Thunder Burt as front tyre ...

charlesrg

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2017, 08:45:02 AM »
Looks really good! I'm really curious how this frame compares to the 036.
Definitely an upgrade in terms of linkage. The geometry is very different, two different beasts.

When you finish your build and feel like you know the bike, I'd be really interested in a thread comparing them. Not only the geometry, but ride quality too!

I already finished the build. Already tried it. I've 057 and a M06 now. I took the parts of the 036 to build the m06. I posted the picture already.

Klaster_1

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2017, 11:20:24 AM »
Well, it works and feels way smoother than 26" hardtail, more stable. Housings in BB area held in place without hot glue trick. Tomorrow I'll to ride in a more hilly area, but TB didn't cause any troubles on relatively flat hardpack, not much of gravel / sand to make opinion on that.

what adapter did you use to fit a BB30 crank?
RaceFace BB92 30mm cinch bottom bracket. From my experience, BSA30 cranks tend to include a wavy washer, at least my Vumaquad did. With no way to source one, I first checked if cranks fit without BB "seals", which it did. Given the seals are actually more of T-shaped plastic washers, no resin like on Rotor BSA30 counterpart, I just sanded them until crank was snug and didn't bind bearings when torqued. You can actually grind non-driveside spacer as much as you need, because nds crankarm collar to spindle interface has similar diameter and will fit into inner race surface nicely. Maybe add some material with hot glue to shorten the gap.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 11:29:39 AM by Klaster_1 »