Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

New DengFu M06 Build Coming

(1/9) > >>

adbl:
Hey people,

I had an incident happen to me this past weekend that is prompting a M06 build. I currently have a CS-057 hardtail purchased from Peter and have been riding it for about a year and a half. I love the bike! It is fast, responsive and light - 22lbs with a Sram 1x10 drivetrain. I've been having issues with the drivetrain jumping gears and i know from experience it's time to replace the cassette, chain and possibly the crank gear. I'm currently running a RaceFace Cinch NW 30T. I figure if i'm going to spend the money to revamp the drivetrain why not switch all of my components over to a new frame???  ::)

The trails I ride in North Carolina are woodsy single track. Mountain Biking and Trail Running are becoming very popular here and the trails are starting to get beat up. Getting very rooty. This has made me think about going back to a full suspension bike. I still have my Giant 26 FS and had taken it for a ride the other week and was surprised how much i liked it! I haven't been on the bike since i built the 057. If i can combine the small bump compliance of a FS with the benefits of a carbon 29er then i might really have something i'd love  ;D 

So i have been keeping an eye on a few 29er FS here on the forum, mainly the CS-821, CS-FS29 amd the M06. I like the M06 the best as i do prefer the one piece rear triangle. I like the single pivot design with shorter chainstays and slack headtube. It's built more like the Yeti ASRc and i like all of the attributes that design has. I have been dealing with Melody from DengFu on the purchase as i find her very responsive and trustworthy. I purchased a carbon road frame from her 2 years ago and love it! It is first class and performs better than i could have imagined.

As of me writing this, i have not given Melody the official go ahead. I will probably pull the trigger in the next couple of days. Unfortunately i deliberate too much in my head on decision such as these  ::) So my fellow Chinertowners, i would like any feedback anyone has to offer. I have messaged with a few M06 owners already and have been pleased with their comments. If i do purchase the M06 i will document my build here for all who might have interest. Some of the issues prior builds have come across have supposedly been resolved so we'll see if that's true. Thanks for reading and again, any thoughts are welcome  ;D

Klaster_1:

--- Quote from: adbl on June 22, 2017, 11:46:37 AM ---Some of the issues prior builds have come across have supposedly been resolved so we'll see if that's true.
--- End quote ---
abdl, what issues Dengfu claimed to have been resolved? Did you ask them about something in particular?

adbl:

--- Quote from: Klaster_1 on June 22, 2017, 08:17:18 PM ---abdl, what issues Dengfu claimed to have been resolved? Did you ask them about something in particular?

--- End quote ---

The two issues i ask about were 1) The water bottle cage bolt placement being too high 2) The inside measurement at the rear hub being 146mm or greater instead of 142mm. If purchased i'm going to take the frame completely apart and measure all tolerances and clearances, along with all mounting hardware to ensure it all goes together properly. 

Klaster_1:

--- Quote from: adbl on June 22, 2017, 10:57:01 PM ---If purchased i'm going to take the frame completely apart and measure all tolerances and clearances, along with all mounting hardware to ensure it all goes together properly.
--- End quote ---
Sounds cool, I'd really appreciate a look into frame innards without disassembling mine.

ArAddict:
I placed my order on a m06 some days ago. i also asked about the water bottle issue and was assured it was resold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version