Author Topic: Planning a new build. Thinking Full Suspension. Need advice/help  (Read 2883 times)

SteeleWheels

Planning my next build. My current mountain bike is a 29er hardtail Sette Razzo Carbon. Nice bike but I'm getting older with back trouble and a friend advised me to get a FS.
My only and biggest requirement is that it climbs well. Which frame and rear shock combination would be suggested for this?

Should I do FS? What about a plus frame with wider tires? I'm open to a 27.5 as well but was trying to utilize my current wheel set.

Thanks!

carbonazza

Re: Planning a new build. Thinking Full Suspension. Need advice/help
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 01:23:18 PM »
Did you try to have your bike fit revised ?
Unless you do very long ride, I'm not sure a FS provide a night and day difference.

adbl

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 02:10:50 PM »
I was one who started out of a FS bike. Then i decided to try a HT because i thought is would faster and more efficient. I was right, but only to a certain extent. My HT is a CS-057 and i love the bike! It does everything except for keeping traction on rooty or uneven terrain. I ride mostly single track and over the last few years trails have become very rooty and uneven. So i decided to build a FS, mostly because i wanted to build a new bike, and built a M06 FS. Wow, what a bike! It does everything as well if not better than the HT. And it grips on roots and uneven terrain like nobodies business!!! Needless to say i'll never go back to a HT again. Not that's there anything wrong with a HT. I heard all the stories about the HT would beat up my back but honestly i never experienced any of that. With the FS i find i can keep my pedaling cadence in what ever the trails has to throw at me which, in the long run, improves my times and keeps me more efficient over the "faster" HT. Makes sense???

SteeleWheels

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 02:56:49 PM »
I was one who started out of a FS bike. Then i decided to try a HT because i thought is would faster and more efficient. I was right, but only to a certain extent. My HT is a CS-057 and i love the bike! It does everything except for keeping traction on rooty or uneven terrain. I ride mostly single track and over the last few years trails have become very rooty and uneven. So i decided to build a FS, mostly because i wanted to build a new bike, and built a M06 FS. Wow, what a bike! It does everything as well if not better than the HT. And it grips on roots and uneven terrain like nobodies business!!! Needless to say i'll never go back to a HT again. Not that's there anything wrong with a HT. I heard all the stories about the HT would beat up my back but honestly i never experienced any of that. With the FS i find i can keep my pedaling cadence in what ever the trails has to throw at me which, in the long run, improves my times and keeps me more efficient over the "faster" HT. Makes sense???

Where I live rocks are every where. Check out Elizabeth Furnace mountain biking on Youtube. 25 years ago I could ride them. I used to race them with rigid bikes! How far bicycle technology has come. I worked for a bike shop and tried some of the FS bikes that were coming out but back then they didn't climb good at all. Recently I had a bad crash trying to ride through a technical rocky area on my HT. I had that "Am I getting too old for this" moment. My body says NO, try a FS bike. What you described above is how I see others riding over the rocks that throw me off. I think after I finish my current build I'll work on the FS bike. Thanks for the info.

carbonazza

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 03:40:04 PM »
My body says NO, try a FS bike

The one from Deezums looks so good: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,1371.0/topicseen.html
I don't need a FS really, but now I want one  :o :)

SteeleWheels

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 09:11:27 AM »
My body says NO, try a FS bike

The one from Deezums looks so good: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,1371.0/topicseen.html
I don't need a FS really, but now I want one  :o :)

I'm looking to build a XC bike for lots of climbing.

carbonazza

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 11:11:41 AM »
I'm looking to build a XC bike for lots of climbing.

You may have seen this dream one that appeared recently :o
http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,1403.0.html