Author Topic: Recommendations for a carbon saddle?  (Read 16115 times)

jonathanf2

Re: Recommendations for a carbon saddle?
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2023, 02:19:16 PM »
I've completely switched to 3D printed mesh saddles. I shift my saddle position based on either climbing or sprinting and the minimal friction from the mesh design helps. Also living in year-round riding weather, the saddles don't absorb heat staying cool even on the hottest of days.

I've been able to return items that have 15 day free returns. In the US, items get shipped back to a domestic warehouse. AliExpress then refunded my money once delivery was confirmed. For US customers, double check the return label though. The online system will say USPS, but the label will be UPS! I accidentally dropped my return to USPS. The item sat for 4 days, but luckily I was able to retrieve my package because my local PO was just holding it and I asked for my package back so I could drop it off at the UPS Store.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 02:25:15 PM by jonathanf2 »

Wet Noodle

« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2023, 05:55:32 PM »
Thanks Easyfunk; but shipping is on you correct?

Not really, no. If it comes with a free-return option, here (EU, Germany) it really means just that - free as in no cost, return shipping is covered.

I've used it, too. You start the return/refund process and get a free return slip just seconds or minutes later, print, stick it to the return parcel and off you go to whichever shipping vendor is on the label. After that, it's just waiting. Ali will somewhat monitor tracking info and inform you when the thing is back at the warehouse. In my case, after the return shipment arrived, I was told Ali stepped in and issued a refund (I don't know if it really means what it suggests (that the seller didn't accept it and had to be forced)) or if that is just the same message you always get at that point regardless. Still got my money back, which is what matters.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 05:59:12 PM by Wet Noodle »

Easyfunk

« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2023, 11:35:46 PM »
No, it was free in both cases.

carbonazza

« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2023, 10:28:42 AM »
There is a new model of the 80-90g full carbon saddle.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003923285995.html

The previous available came with a 1.45mm carbon sheet, while this new one is 1.75mm
Probably less prone to cracking than the previous one.

2old2mould

« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2024, 06:19:12 PM »
I'm running three of those RYET Air code saddles. Super comfy, and no sign of cracking or any type of failure. I have d two carbon based saddles and one plastic base. All good, although I wish they were a bit more narrow. I believe RYET does a narrower version.

KuB3

« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2024, 08:34:45 PM »
Anyone find a knockout of Power Arc saddle?
I know there is thousand of Power version on Ali but I struggle to find the Arc model

Jet the Panda

« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2024, 12:18:34 PM »
I have this one with the carbon base, I got it when it was pretty new and paid more for it than it sells for now. It's honestly the most comfortable saddle I've ever had.
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_Dlkone5

00Garza

« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2024, 02:29:31 PM »
Out of curiosity I just and 3d printed saddles are now available on Amazon. A bit more expensive than Ali of course, but I can have it in 3 days and easily return if necessary.

Daviddavieboy

« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2024, 09:54:33 AM »
I have this one with the carbon base, I got it when it was pretty new and paid more for it than it sells for now. It's honestly the most comfortable saddle I've ever had.
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_Dlkone5

I have that one but I find the nose too wide for me. It is causing chafing and wearing of my shorts.  Other than that I  do like it tho.

coffeebreak

« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2024, 05:04:46 PM »

I returned two faulty products and return label was provided free to me by the customer care. It was however a return to a USA address and not China.

Out of curiosity I just and 3d printed saddles are now available on Amazon. A bit more expensive than Ali of course, but I can have it in 3 days and easily return if necessary.

I am noticing there's a bunch of products now on Amazon (at double the cost) that were only available on Aliex earlier. However some of those are same price or even cheaper than on Aliex e.g. you can regularly find RXL handlebars and OSPWs on the cheap on Amazon with free returns and 3 day shipping. Same for Superteam wheels too.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 05:15:29 PM by coffeebreak »

Fatbonzo

« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2024, 12:34:41 AM »
I believe RYET does a narrower version.

I could find one with 135mm width, but not even on the Lexon Store:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGk12oF