Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Best FM909 downcountry tires

(1/4) > >>

endo.alley:
I am building an FM909. I am enquiring what people think would be the best down-country tires for this bike. A compromise between reasonably light weight, good rolling resistance. and decent descent characteristics.

zilcho:
On my 936 I started by copying the NS Synonym TR spec with a 2.4 Rekon front, 2.35 Ikon rear. It was a fast combo but pretty sketchy on anything loose. I'm currently on 2.6 Rekon front, 2.4 Rekon rear. I don't like the 2.6 front, it makes the steering feel like a boat and I don't think I'm gaining traction or cushion. Up next I'm considering a 2.4 Dissector or Forekaster front, 2.4 Rekon rear.

If you want an XC build I'd consider Rekon front, Rekon Race rear. Ikon is just too slick for my taste.

multig:
I'm use Forekaster (1 gen) in the mountains and when slippery.

Swolie74:
Honestly, the "best" tire is different for every terrain and locality... we can recommend out the wazoo but doesn't mean it will be any good for you. Best bet is to hit the trails in your area and see what other people have/ask them questions...

Also how does one define a "down country" tire.... I know the new Forekaster was just remade with a heavier casing and categorized as "down country" (which kills me because I liked those tires because they were light-ish and most importantly inexpensive). I just got a set of Vittoria Martello's that I'll be trying here in Arizona, I'll likely be throwing on some Mezcal/Barzo's to try as well.

endo.alley:
Ive been looking at Racing Ralph's. Does anybody have an opinion?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version