Author Topic: Unreadable Topic: "VeloBuild Headset Play Issue"  (Read 3733 times)

bvhaute

Unreadable Topic: "VeloBuild Headset Play Issue"
« on: April 22, 2023, 04:58:57 PM »
For some reason or another, the topic "VeloBuild Headset Play Issue Using Separate Stem/Handlebar: Resolved."  is corrupted.
From page 4 on it has become unreadable. Page 1 to 3 are still readable. What is also strange is that when you're not logged in, page 4 is still readable.
I also noted that it is possible to still add replies by reacting to messages from pages 1 to 3.

Who should I contact to resolve the problem?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 05:00:56 PM by bvhaute »

FullCarbonAlchemist

Re: Unreadable Topic: "VeloBuild Headset Play Issue"
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 05:08:07 PM »
This has happened before here with other threads.

My assumption was that it was a specific post that contained some kind of content that broke the HTML on a particular page but affecting multiple pages might mean something internal to the site, SMF forum engine, or the database it’s running on.

CT is running on a fairly outdated version of SMF, 2.0.7 — whereas the latest version is 2.1.3. Simply updating might fix this…

bvhaute

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 05:25:29 PM »
OK, thanks for the feedback. And did the issue with the other threads get resolved then and if so, how then?

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2023, 09:06:15 PM »
As I recall, things were pretty much just left that way. But the last time I recall was about a year ago.

bvhaute

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2023, 05:12:01 PM »
OK, any way that I can report this to an admin to resolve this problem? There is not alot of information on this website on how to report problems.  :(

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2023, 07:14:12 PM »
OK, any way that I can report this to an admin to resolve this problem? There is not alot of information on this website on how to report problems.  :(

The "report to moderator" button in the bottom right of each post alerts me directly to my email... that is how I found out about this thread and I try to be as responsive as possible. Unfortunately, I don't have any idea what is causing the issue you brought up or how to fix it. As FullCarbonAlchemist pointed out it may have something to do with the forum software needing to be updated and I'm working on that. I apologize for any inconvenience and am sorry I couldn't be of more help, hopefully, these issues will be remedied with the updates.

bvhaute

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023, 05:23:37 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. Is it Ok then if I start a new thread on this specific "velobuild headset play issue" and if I copy/paste the complete unreadable page 4 from the old thread into the new thread?

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2023, 04:22:35 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. Is it Ok then if I start a new thread on this specific "velobuild headset play issue" and if I copy/paste the complete unreadable page 4 from the old thread into the new thread?

Of course, whatever helps you guys keep the valuable info/discussions accessible.

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2023, 02:31:17 PM »
Hi everyone - We wanted to share a quick update and let you know we have been listening to your feedback and have designed a new c ring. The new design has a small cut out that allows for a better grip on the steerer to take place once the headset is compressed.

For those that are having issues, please get in touch at info@velobuild.com so we can sort you out with a newly designed c ring. For those that are still using the original or second design without issue, please know you can continue using them without concern!

coffeebreak

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2023, 04:21:41 PM »
I would like to try this new C ring out. Right now on my GF002 I have developed a slight play after about 2k miles and a few hacks that I did earlier.

Cnasta

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2023, 04:00:52 AM »
Hi everyone - We wanted to share a quick update and let you know we have been listening to your feedback and have designed a new c ring. The new design has a small cut out that allows for a better grip on the steerer to take place once the headset is compressed.

For those that are having issues, please get in touch at info@velobuild.com so we can sort you out with a newly designed c ring. For those that are still using the original or second design without issue, please know you can continue using them without concern!

Will this new C-ring now be standard on both the GF-01/02 and the roadbikes (168/177)?

Does anybody allready have experience with the new ring? If the problem is solved, it looks like the perfect frame(s) now :)

NoGrip61

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2023, 08:31:31 AM »

After what order shipment dates was this change made?  I have a CX002 from January - does this have the updated design?

Since these are running changes, can you state the order ship date ranges for the Rev 1, 2, and 3 (new) of this part?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 08:35:14 AM by NoGrip61 »

curvenut

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2023, 11:43:27 AM »

Hi ,

Thanks velobuild for that quick response in the change if the CRing design !

After our discussion where I refer you to the post of @Zdrenka89 and @BerndSon post in the VBR-168 thread ,  I didn't expect a so quick new c ring version !

Seriouly consider bying the VBR168 !

coffeebreak

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2023, 11:54:16 AM »
Talked to Chris and looks like my C ring is on the way.

Though, observing the design I am now curious how does it solve the play issue exactly - is the main cut-out smaller than before? Also can someone explain how does that small slit on the outer curvature help grip steerer better - not being snarky, I am just curious.

joegal

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2023, 03:59:21 AM »
Though, observing the design I am now curious how does it solve the play issue exactly - is the main cut-out smaller than before? Also can someone explain how does that small slit on the outer curvature help grip steerer better - not being snarky, I am just curious.

My guess is:

The slit in the back makes the C-Ring more flexible. The previous version was too stiff, which results to needing very high headset preload forces in order to deform the C-Ring and remove the headset play. The newer version is more flexible and then requires less force to deform.