Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 155804 times)

mrpercussive

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #1080 on: August 20, 2024, 01:01:52 AM »
80 Designer Store warranty update. Responses were pretty quick and they had to talk to LTwoo as well but yea they're sending me a new rear derailleur. They gave me a link to make a new order through their store for $15 which is probably for shipping and processing or whatever but yea looks like i'll be getting a new derailleur sent over

hsaus

« Reply #1081 on: August 20, 2024, 01:19:43 AM »
Topic batteries for eRX / eR9 / eGR

Bought some batteries branded DLG from AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005871463985.html They have held up very well for the past two months.

I charged them before a ride recently, and after 56 front shifts and 586 rear shifts, the app still showed 100% charge.

amacal1

« Reply #1082 on: August 25, 2024, 02:45:52 PM »
My e-gr battery is dropping about 10% per day without being ridden. I have put new batteries in but getting the same. Anyone else?

I have a replacement RD on the way for a different issue, so hoping that resolves it.

I haven't been using this bike as much this month, maybe ridden it once or twice just around the block with the kiddos. Since the beginning of august I haven't charged my eGR. It's been almost a month and my battery is down to approx. 75%.

I am using Xtar 800mAh batteries I ordered from a US based flashlight and vape battery supplier. I've been very happy with how they've been performing.

ChrisB

« Reply #1083 on: August 27, 2024, 04:30:51 PM »
I have some DLG batteries on order from AliX, will swap them and report if this solves the problem.
Quite sure it will.  ;-)
Thank you for your answers.

BR Chris

rockerplates.de

« Reply #1084 on: August 28, 2024, 02:01:37 AM »
regarding batteries, do not go cheap and buy local!

look for high c-discharge rates..usually cells which are used for vaps are good, as they need to cope with high , short discharge rates , too..

lavistaa

« Reply #1085 on: September 01, 2024, 07:33:43 PM »
What support channel have you used please?

Didn't see all the questions until now!   I bought from 80 Designer Store which has been super responsive.   We got an erx first, had the issue wish they asked for a video of my mech not operating and then sent the new mech straight away no argument.  I've gotten a few other things from then since bit haven't had any new issues with the erx or anything else.  My erx is still perfect, just rode through a very wet ride here in PEI today with no issues at all. Haven't had to make any adjustments and there's only been one firmware update so I think whatever caused the failure before seems to have been hardware related and not recurred or fw related.  It's the "old" version, not the 2024 one.   I am running a 12 spd 11-36 Shimano cassette with it and no issues with capacity.  I do wish I knew if it worked with the EGR mech as I'd love to run a 40 or 42 with a double as I can with the now NLA Ultegra RX groupset.

lavistaa

« Reply #1086 on: September 01, 2024, 07:34:51 PM »
80 Designer Store warranty update. Responses were pretty quick and they had to talk to LTwoo as well but yea they're sending me a new rear derailleur. They gave me a link to make a new order through their store for $15 which is probably for shipping and processing or whatever but yea looks like i'll be getting a new derailleur sent over

This was my (positive) experience with the same store

lavistaa

« Reply #1087 on: September 01, 2024, 07:41:37 PM »
1090€ is from bike-components.de today

Anyone selling 105 di2 for 500 is either doing something illegal or not complying with their Shimano agreement as that is way below OEM cost (I'm a manufacturer and only sell legit Shimano stiff, we couldn't touch that number even selling at a loss).

lavistaa

« Reply #1088 on: September 01, 2024, 07:56:38 PM »
I'm not sure the reason, but I would guess neither of those reasons. Maybe some other design decision, though. The Ltwoo eGR has mega spring tension. It's impressive how stable and taught the RD keeps the chain. The eGR doesn't have a clutch, but it retains the chain WAY better than my Advent X 1x10 that did have a clutch.

You haven't, by any chance, seem of the ERX brifters will control the EGR rear mech?   I am using an 11-36 with the erx but would love to bump the rear cassette up a bit.

lavistaa

« Reply #1089 on: September 01, 2024, 08:04:36 PM »
Yeah, I can check it next time I'm out in the garage, headed out to dinner currently!

Any luck with testing the erx/EGR cross compatibility?

mrpercussive

« Reply #1090 on: September 02, 2024, 07:00:51 AM »
Another update... swapped finally swapped out the warrantied derailleur and everything is running as it should be. Also a buddy of mine just got a Canyon Ultimate that came with 105 di2. 12 miles in and his right shifter button was sticking just like my er9 did. So yea there ya go. Happens to Shimano too :P But yea, would really like to applaud 80 Designer store. Responses were ridiculously quick, everything was taken cared of and a replacement was shipped out in no time

00Garza

« Reply #1091 on: September 02, 2024, 12:46:12 PM »
This was my (positive) experience with the same store

Also had good customer service experience with 80 designer store sorting a broken GR9 shifter.

Sebastian

« Reply #1092 on: September 03, 2024, 03:15:37 AM »
I replaced my cheap ZRACE chainrings with a new set of Ultegra chainrings that I bought 2nd hand. I was never fully satisfied with how the FD performed. Now it's much better. Still not particularly quiet and it could still be smoother. But very reliable.

pandinoyoung

« Reply #1093 on: September 05, 2024, 12:27:12 PM »
what happened to the blue edition? it disappeared. we don't hear anything about it anymore.
do you have any news?

toxin

« Reply #1094 on: September 05, 2024, 12:57:29 PM »
The "blue edition" was a prototype of the 2.0 that was replaced almost instantly and they've done like 3 iterations since the one they had on bike shows. Just not selling anything yet.