Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 68350 times)

kbernstein

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #630 on: April 16, 2024, 03:42:57 PM »
I have a canyon endurace cf7 with 105.. Reckon the battery will fit in the seatpost? Also - can I do away with the calipers and retain the 105 brake setup?
Yes and yes. But buying the shifters and derailleurs without the caliper makes little sense/might be more expensive than buying the whole thing. Also if you have R7000 the brake calipers are pure trash in my experience. R7100 was a giant upgrade

reckonair

« Reply #631 on: April 16, 2024, 04:17:49 PM »
Yes and yes. But buying the shifters and derailleurs without the caliper makes little sense/might be more expensive than buying the whole thing. Also if you have R7000 the brake calipers are pure trash in my experience. R7100 was a giant upgrade

Yeah I’d buy the whole kit and keep the unused bits as spare - although I do have the R7000 so I might check out the new calipers.

Tijoe

« Reply #632 on: April 16, 2024, 05:08:37 PM »
It's not a myth, there's ample data from the likes of accubattery that shows the battery degrades less if you dont charge to 100%, AND a lithium cell that gets charged to 4.2V will be much happier at 4.1 or 4V; it doesn't stay at full charge, and it shouldn't be stored at full charge.

Remember, I am talking about modern cell phones being manufactured by the major manufacturers.   Apple, Samsung,...   What you are saying is true for most other appliances that use Lithium batteries, unless they are installing good charging control circuitry. 
(Look up Samsung Battery Protect.  Samsung charges all of its cell batteries to 85% of full charge, but the phone tells you it is charged to 100%)

https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-improve-battery-life-tips-myths-smartphones/

toxin

« Reply #633 on: April 16, 2024, 06:10:26 PM »
Actually that is am option in samsung settings and it just stops charging at 85%, still shows 85%.

jonathanf2

« Reply #634 on: April 16, 2024, 06:41:42 PM »
I have a canyon endurace cf7 with 105.. Reckon the battery will fit in the seatpost? Also - can I do away with the calipers and retain the 105 brake setup?

It should work fine. My mechanical Ultegra bike is setup with LTwoo R9 calipers. Though there was some pad spacing issues which required me to pump the calipers without the brake pads to get them closer to the rotor. Though I prefer this method of adjusting brakes compared to the tight tolerances of my GRX calipers which required me to sand the brake pads slightly.

jonathanf2

« Reply #635 on: April 16, 2024, 08:25:24 PM »
I'm starting to find that I really don't like the LTwoo shaped hood. Today I went riding and was getting slight hand numbing. They're too slim compared to the beefier grips on my GRX and Ultegra R8020 equipped bikes which don't give me any issues. Even the Sensah Team Pro shifters I was previously using had thicker hoods. My Ultegra bike has the same drop bars and shifter positioning as well. I'm thinking of trying a -17° degree stem to slightly change the angle of my grip positioning. Any suggestions?

zerstorer

« Reply #636 on: April 16, 2024, 08:27:40 PM »
I am finding it abit thin too. Just do an extra wrap around the hoods with bar tape and it helps. Or put some Eva foam on the hoods before u wrap.

-17 stem would likely make it worse?

jonathanf2

« Reply #637 on: April 16, 2024, 09:19:06 PM »
I am finding it abit thin too. Just do an extra wrap around the hoods with bar tape and it helps. Or put some Eva foam on the hoods before u wrap.

-17 stem would likely make it worse?

i was thinking about the additional bar tape, but then I would end up covering the CR2032 battery port of the shifters.

On my other bike with Ultegra shifters, I did switch to a -17° stem and while that extended my reach slightly, it put less pressure on my grip position. Though I'm not sure if it would help since my main issue is slim grip design that's causing discomfort.

zerstorer

« Reply #638 on: April 16, 2024, 10:07:40 PM »
i was thinking about the additional bar tape, but then I would end up covering the CR2032 battery port of the shifters.

By the time you need to change cr2032, likely you need to change bar tape too.

Finkster

« Reply #639 on: April 16, 2024, 11:27:48 PM »
I had a to get my shifter on my GR9 group replaced. 80 Designer store sent me another and I paid shipping. They had the typical timezone delay on responses.

Just received a reply from 80's designer on sending me a new RD and wanted US$15 for shipping. 

Finkster

« Reply #640 on: April 16, 2024, 11:35:24 PM »

On my other bike with Ultegra shifters, I did switch to a -17° stem and while that extended my reach slightly, it put less pressure on my grip position. Though I'm not sure if it would help since my main issue is slim grip design that's causing discomfort.

I slipped two pieces of thin bar tape, each 1 to 1.5 inches long under the rubber hoods mainly to provide more cushion and beef up the height to transition the hoods to bar better.  Might help in your case too.  Used double-sided tape to secure.

zerstorer

« Reply #641 on: April 17, 2024, 02:22:42 AM »
Finkster. Did you have the same nick in clubsnap years ago?

Finkster

« Reply #642 on: April 17, 2024, 04:43:01 AM »
Finkster. Did you have the same nick in clubsnap years ago?

Yep!  ;)

00Garza

« Reply #643 on: April 17, 2024, 02:43:57 PM »
Just received a reply from 80's designer on sending me a new RD and wanted US$15 for shipping.

Sounds about right. Glad you got it sorted.

Finkster

« Reply #644 on: April 18, 2024, 02:23:45 AM »
Sounds about right. Glad you got it sorted.

Yep, at least I'll have an extra RD for spare parts.

Anyway, I swopped out the faulty RD with my other newer ER9 RD just to confirm definitively that it is the RD drawing down the batt and not any other component or the batts themselves.  The new RD with original FD, batts and shifters remained at 88% for 24hrs.  But the faulty RD with brand new and uninstalled FD, batts and shifters (all paired and connected together) dropped from 94% to 84% in 24hrs just sitting on my desk.