Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 155960 times)

amacal1

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #1020 on: August 06, 2024, 05:48:18 PM »

I first tried forcing the battery cable through, but it ended up getting jammed and I had to pry it out. Unfortunately by forcing the cable out, I bent one of the gold pins on the cable head. I thought for sure I messed it up and would have to order a replacement.

Seriously, working on these cheap bike parts is almost like a form of self-punishment!  ::)

When installing mine I came very, very close to slicing my cable in the threads of the bb shell. Thankfully I didn't, but it scared me enough to go ahead and order an extra cable and an extra battery charger while I was at it. No reason to wait 2 weeks with no shifting for something so silly when it was easy to order a backup now.

Phaxe

« Reply #1021 on: August 06, 2024, 06:50:26 PM »
For those of us in Australia, you can pick up 14500 batteries from Jaycar that do the trick perfectly with this groupset. Don't get the Bunnings ones, they won't work properly.

jonathanf2

« Reply #1022 on: August 08, 2024, 04:25:38 PM »
Just a heads up. For those running bigger than 11-32t cassettes on the ER9/X, I found when in the big/big with my 12 speed 11-34t cassette, the chain will rub on the cage. I swapped the 12t jockey wheel for an 11t Ultegra jockey wheel and that seems to have fixed the rubbing. My other ER9 bike is running 52-36/11-32t and that setup has no rubbing in big/big with the stock 12t jockey wheel.

DerKruser

« Reply #1023 on: August 08, 2024, 08:04:50 PM »
Has anyone used the ERX or ER9 sets with a Shimano caliper?

aramus1979

« Reply #1024 on: August 08, 2024, 10:47:06 PM »
Shimano clamps work with the er9/erx set

Serge_K

« Reply #1025 on: August 09, 2024, 08:57:56 AM »
Has anyone opened up the shifter and looked at the circuit board/taken pictures? I'm curious how hard it would be to add in sprint shifters.

Pedaldancer on the forum has been gutting two broken er9 derailleurs, for posterity. Reach out.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #1026 on: August 09, 2024, 03:21:07 PM »
My e-gr battery is dropping about 10% per day without being ridden. I have put new batteries in but getting the same. Anyone else?

I have a replacement RD on the way for a different issue, so hoping that resolves it.

amacal1

« Reply #1027 on: August 09, 2024, 03:26:38 PM »
My e-gr battery is dropping about 10% per day without being ridden. I have put new batteries in but getting the same. Anyone else?

I have a replacement RD on the way for a different issue, so hoping that resolves it.

I have an eGR. I went about a week without riding it and, when I checked it, I was at 93%. I don't know what it was charged to before that time, but it couldn't have dropped as much as you say per day. I haven't ridden it in almost a week since then, so I'll go check again and see where I'm at later today.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #1028 on: August 09, 2024, 06:16:39 PM »
Pedaldancer on the forum has been gutting two broken er9 derailleurs, for posterity. Reach out.

And I am still missing taking the microcope photos for you with the attached camera.  :-X .. next week I must finish that task.
The PCB is multilayer style, i didn't count the layers but the layers were very good visible on the cutting edges... don't know how one can figure out the electronic layout.. besides the part which is visible on outer layer - there will be some inner routing for sure.

mrpercussive

« Reply #1029 on: August 10, 2024, 03:29:15 PM »
so I've been pretty lucky on my er9 groupset as it's been working pretty flawlessly aside from that sticking shifter button that has since been fixed. But now for some reason, something is draining it's battery? Like it's not holding charge for too long? I just swapped the batteries too and seems like it's doing the same thing. Anyone had experience this?

jonathanf2

« Reply #1030 on: August 10, 2024, 08:21:30 PM »
so I've been pretty lucky on my er9 groupset as it's been working pretty flawlessly aside from that sticking shifter button that has since been fixed. But now for some reason, something is draining it's battery? Like it's not holding charge for too long? I just swapped the batteries too and seems like it's doing the same thing. Anyone had experience this?

I found you might have to place the charging cable several times on the RD, before it will charge properly. Even if it gives the solid green light, leave the cable on 30 minutes longer. At least with my batteries, it's not giving me an accurate read. What might appear to be battery drain, might actually be under charged batteries.

I'm running 2 ER9 bikes right now, so it's been a good way to monitor any strange quirks between them.

Sebastian

« Reply #1031 on: August 11, 2024, 12:01:46 AM »
Same here. The magnetic charging plug needs solid contact with both the pin in the middle and the metal surface on the RD’s charging port. Otherwise it will drain the battery instead of charging it. The green light will flash regardless so you need to check the battery level. I just clean the RD charging port every time I have to charge. It hasn’t happened anymore since I’m making sure it’s clean.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 01:47:57 AM by Sebastian »

mrpercussive

« Reply #1032 on: August 11, 2024, 06:57:19 AM »
I found you might have to place the charging cable several times on the RD, before it will charge properly. Even if it gives the solid green light, leave the cable on 30 minutes longer. At least with my batteries, it's not giving me an accurate read. What might appear to be battery drain, might actually be under charged batteries.

I'm running 2 ER9 bikes right now, so it's been a good way to monitor any strange quirks between them.

Same here. The magnetic charging plug needs solid contact with both the pin in the middle and the metal surface on the RD’s charging port. Otherwise it will drain the battery instead of charging it. The green light will flash regardless so you need to check the battery level. I just clean the RD charging port every time I have to charge. It hasn’t happened anymore since I’m making sure it’s clean.

Mine gets to full charge as I check it after with the app and on my igpsport but then the power drains real quick. Like it will die overnight. It did happen after i was caught in a torrential storm though. Did not have any issues before that. Possible some things may have gotten wet and shorted out?

mrpercussive

« Reply #1033 on: August 11, 2024, 09:00:31 AM »
So update on my battery issue. I have reached out to 80 Designer Store and responses have been pretty darn quick despite the timezone differences and also being a weekend. They responded with sending me a quick troubleshooting chart but i had already ruled out those things. Next response is that they're gonna "Discuss with engineer" (that's a direct quote) and get back to me next week.

Sebastian

« Reply #1034 on: August 11, 2024, 09:30:36 AM »
Did you check the plug connections on the FD and RD to make sure there’s no water residue in there? That could cause some sort of short circuit.