Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 83032 times)

cucumber19

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #555 on: June 18, 2024, 09:22:09 PM »
Finally got my frame today! Looks really nice. Very little if any overspray anywhere, and almost all the threads were clean (a little burring on the through axle/hanger threads).

Now to build … one oversight on my part: SRAM DUB spacers?  Anyone else get this frame with the t47 bb supplied by light carbon? According to SRAM for road chain line, it requires 1 3mm spacer on the non drive side. Has this been others’ experience?  Thanks in advance for any help there.

Here are some early pics of the frame. The racing green is just a great color, and the decals are nice and clean. There’s some “noise” from imperfect masking between the green and pearl white in a couple places but nothing anyone other than me or you all might notice!

Next post will be with the full build … think I have everything except the spacers, and some damping foam for the internal hoses. Think I will also do another layer of clear coat before really building it … any pics with parts are just slapped together, didn’t even grease any threads! The horror, I know!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 09:24:22 PM by cucumber19 »

some guy

« Reply #556 on: June 19, 2024, 02:52:45 AM »
is this the ferrari red LC offers? nevertheless looks great!

Finally, I received the pictures from Carol at LC. The paint job looks amazing, and I was promised that they will ship the frame tomorrow. The entire process experienced significant delays compared to the promised lead times, but I hope the wait will be worth it. I will post the final mounted pictures with custom decals (which are yet to be designed).

PaxiH

« Reply #557 on: June 19, 2024, 02:58:31 AM »
is this the ferrari red LC offers? nevertheless looks great!

This is the Ferrari Red.

Bigbobby1482

« Reply #558 on: June 19, 2024, 03:52:31 AM »
Do you have a link to the YT video you're referencing?

This is the video

Don't listen to this PLA guy he always just complains and is controversial.

As Mapdec explains in his video, this is a offshore worker, so he doesn't have time to deal with warranty ect. Plus I doubt specialized would ever warranty over this issue...

For context I have an Sworks Epic evo frame which has the EXACT same problem, the BB alignment is awful the crank needs to be hammered in, and even pushes the plastic bearing cover off when I push it in... Getting it out is as well a massive pain.

I've shown this to my local specialized dealer which claims nothing is wrong, and that this will not be a warranty case. I would have mine fixed by Mapdec if he wasn't UK based :/

chughes

« Reply #559 on: June 19, 2024, 07:05:13 AM »
You mean how he faced the SL8 and voided the warranty of the frame? I trust that idiot as far as I can throw him.

Any update on this issue

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #560 on: June 19, 2024, 07:21:59 AM »
I've had to delete a couple of comments over the past couple of days... just a friendly reminder to keep discourse respectful and avoid personal insults and name-calling. Lots of places on the internet to go and talk shit if that's what you want to do, just not here. Thanks.

Stoemper

« Reply #561 on: June 20, 2024, 01:57:08 PM »
I dropped it off at the bicycle shop yesterday. The head mechanic was off and they open on again on Tuesday so I left it there. I’ll get back when I get their assessment.

Well this was interesting the shop which i was always pretty happy with called me with their assessment, the thread was wrongly milled, it was undeep and in the wrong direction and then asked if it chinese and then refused even though they had the gear to attempt any repair. While picking up the frame i got another remark about trash chinese frames. Back home i send over some video en photo's to light carbon and they simply said its done by cnc it cant be the wrong direction. I was kind of annoyed but then decided to make another video while retracing the thread to show it was in the wrong direction and while doing this i found out the thread was in the right direction... then did the same with the elvedes cups and low and behold these "dutch quality" pieces of crap where both right threaded. I went to another local bike shop (the previous shop lost a customer after the last encounter) and picked up a praxis T47 BB. And yep it fits and goes right in.

dinorello

« Reply #562 on: June 20, 2024, 02:47:01 PM »
That was easy!

Serge_K

« Reply #563 on: June 21, 2024, 05:18:12 AM »
Great. So it was, indeed, user error.
Happy riding!

cucumber19

« Reply #564 on: June 21, 2024, 02:47:04 PM »
Build is complete! Thunderstorms and normal life are preventing the first ride but I think we are good to go! ... Except some front derailleur run which I will get into in a minute. 

So far as the build, the only "crappy" bit was the threading on the derailleur hanger was unsmooth, but not unusable by any means.  For the "normal crappy" I think it should be obligatory to tip our caps to the mechanics who have to deal with integrated cockpits on the daily ... chapeau!

So, 2 problems:

1. The BB provided by LightCarbon is fine, except there are no spacers included with it.  Would have been nice to know ahead of time.  You have been warned :)

2. Front derailleur alignment.  I can't seem to turn the Sram Axis Rival (normal, not wide) FD far enough so it's in line with the chainrings, pretty much ensuring chain rub on the smallest cogs while in the big ring.  Any tricks people here can share?  I'm kinda leaning toward grinding down one side of the curved washer to allow a little more clearance, anyone think of a reason this is a fundamentally terrible idea?  I think even .25-.5mm on the inside edge should be enough for me to line things up.  If it matters, I ended up using a single 4.5mm spacer on the drive side, wasn't able to get close to lining things up, and there really isn't enough clearance with the frame without any spacers drive-side.

Let me know what you think of the build, and if you have some suggestions about the FD, I'm all ears!

Thanks!

dinorello

« Reply #565 on: June 21, 2024, 05:10:59 PM »
I would definitely think about getting a brand name bottom bracket like wheels manufacturing.  The BB gets the brunt if the torque and you want it to have some longevity

cucumber19

« Reply #566 on: June 21, 2024, 09:01:20 PM »
Well, I’ll start with getting the right bottom bracket … while continuing to be driven nuts by the fact that nothing is adjusting right, I notice the printing on the bb: BB3047. It’s a 30mm damn bottom bracket! Off to the LBS tomorrow! At least they only charged me $10 for the damn thing!

Serge_K

« Reply #567 on: June 21, 2024, 10:28:04 PM »
Mechanically I think you can grind the FD washers if it can fix your issue. As long as there is plenty of material around the bolt hole still, the bolt should be able to spread the force and do its thing. Careful not to change the shape of the washer while grinding it, because that might then cause other alignment problems.

PaxiH

« Reply #568 on: June 22, 2024, 06:26:52 AM »
I would definitely think about getting a brand name bottom bracket like wheels manufacturing.  The BB gets the brunt if the torque and you want it to have some longevity

I bought and assembled a cheap (13€) BB from Zitto from AliExpress. Thought about testing it and if it is bad replacing it with something more expensive.

My problem was, that the T47 BBs are pretty rare in the german shops and also very expensive.

So far the quality of the Zitto BB is seems great! The bearing felt good and the cranks are spinning very, very free and well. Also no play in the crank/BB so far.

So cheap must not be bad. But I only have like 300km on the bike yet.

cucumber19

« Reply #569 on: June 22, 2024, 06:40:46 AM »
Cheap isn’t necessarily bad… isn’t that why we’re all here?