Author Topic: SP-Cycle M06 build thread  (Read 12316 times)

Ludo

Re: SP-Cycle M06 build thread
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2024, 06:55:04 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the guidance, I will get a 0 offset chainring. Shifting was really nice right now, I hope that won’t change…
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 06:57:57 PM by Ludo »

Tijoe

« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2024, 03:08:46 PM »
My large frame SP-Cycle M05 hardtail with Rockshox SID Ultimate 100mm travel, PNW Coastal dripper and with pedals, ended up weighting between 22.5 and 23.75 lbs depending on what wheel set/tires I put on the bike. (10.2 and 10.7 KG)  9.1 KG seems like a fairly light bike.)

adri96

« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2024, 03:13:21 PM »
How the Zrace brakes perform? I bought the x2 model, they are very light. The same weight as XTR and with very good machinig

Ludo

« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2024, 03:31:59 PM »
I love the front brake, great feel, rear got a whole lot better but doesn’t have the exact same feel, like weaker bite.

Snife

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2024, 12:12:53 AM »
Gosh, it’s quite a tight fit in here. I appreciate your help and photos.
From what I can see, I'd speculate that even the 6th cog results in a slightly shifted chain toward the center line at the cassette's side; but I'd gladly hear other opinions. Indeed, I can't understand how this frame is supposed to accommodate 40T even with a 0mm offset.

Let's see what other users can say on this matter. Perhaps mr. Snife might have something to share.

Sorry for not replying earlier. I was too busy mountain biking :-).
First of all, the bikes rides like a charm. It climbs so well and I also did hit jumps / drops of around 40cm, it feels very capable in that regard. The 120mm Sid with 35 stanchions feels like a perfect fit. I hear some minor rattle when I drop/jump, which i guess is the hydraulic brake hose in the chain stay. I used foam for the inner routing, but this was almost impossible to get into the chain stay.

Generally I am very very happy with bike. I need to cut down the carbon post by a few centimetres and get a quick release clamp for riding down nasty stuff.

My first training race is yet to come in April.

Regarding chainline:
I guess the 55mm is because this is a direct copy from a Scott scale (2023 model upwards), the 55mm chainline is used.
I didn't even try to use standard boost. I am 100 percent sure this is due to UDH being used by SRAM Transmission, which all use 55mm chainline (MTB wide standard). All transmission chainset use MTB wide / 55m.

What I did: I use a standard bb92 dub bottom bracket, and bought the spacer set from SRAM. I follow the SRAM dub manual using a 3mm spacer on the left and a 5mm spacer on the right side.
I use a SRAM X0 chainset with integrated power meter with 175mm / 32t.

You can get the gx transmission chainset for around 100 to 150 euro new now. I also like the style of the transmission, especially the x0 with the hole in it.
All transmission chainsets are compatible with standard eagle chain and derailleur. In my case the gx axs.

The chainline doesn't cause any issues, it shifts perfectly, no need to setup or change anything (beside b tension of course).
My rear wheel is standard boost obviously.

I don't have any pictures, but I might post some next week. I don't have the bike with me right now.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 03:03:03 AM by Snife »

adri96

« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2024, 01:17:02 PM »
Sorry for not replying earlier. I was too busy mountain biking :-).
First of all, the bikes rides like a charm. It climbs so well and I also did hit jumps / drops of around 40cm, it feels very capable in that regard. The 120mm Sid with 35 stanchions feels like a perfect fit. I hear some minor rattle when I drop/jump, which i guess is the hydraulic brake hose in the chain stay. I used foam for the inner routing, but this was almost impossible to get into the chain stay.

Generally I am very very happy with bike. I need to cut down the carbon post by a few centimetres and get a quick release clamp for riding down nasty stuff.

My first training race is yet to come in April.

Regarding chainline:
I guess the 55mm is because this is a direct copy from a Scott scale (2023 model upwards), the 55mm chainline is used.
I didn't even try to use standard boost. I am 100 percent sure this is due to UDH being used by SRAM Transmission, which all use 55mm chainline (MTB wide standard). All transmission chainset use MTB wide / 55m.

What I did: I use a standard bb92 dub bottom bracket, and bought the spacer set from SRAM. I follow the SRAM dub manual using a 3mm spacer on the left and a 5mm spacer on the right side.
I use a SRAM X0 chainset with integrated power meter with 175mm / 32t.

You can get the gx transmission chainset for around 100 to 150 euro new now. I also like the style of the transmission, especially the x0 with the hole in it.
All transmission chainsets are compatible with standard eagle chain and derailleur. In my case the gx axs.

The chainline doesn't cause any issues, it shifts perfectly, no need to setup or change anything (beside b tension of course).
My rear wheel is standard boost obviously.

I don't have any pictures, but I might post some next week. I don't have the bike with me right now.

I am going to build mine with GX T-Type transmision with the old sram cranks for boost, but, with a 0 offset 34T, this will give me the 55mm chainline.

By the way, It's been more than two weeks since I ordered my frame form Aliexpress and SPCycles haven't send it. How long did it cost to send your frame? Yours was raw finish, mine will be metallic paint so it still goes slower

Ludo

« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2024, 02:37:40 PM »
It will depend if they have the frames in stock or if they are waiting for a new batch. I had quality feedback when asking questions on AliExpress messaging

Ludo

« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2024, 07:10:55 PM »
Well I changed my 3mm off set chainring by a 0mm one and it for sur didn’t result in 3mm extra clearance for chainring/chainstay… maybe 1mm, at most.

Edit: well now it’s dropping the chain like crazy at the chainring while on the lowest gear which it never done before. I think that chainring is no bueno.

Edit 2: fitted the 3mm offset z race back and no more drops, so I guess that settles it for the moment
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 09:53:07 PM by Ludo »

poloskatek

« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2024, 12:51:20 PM »
Hi, I've noticed a terrible, annoying creaking noise from the bottom bracket. Can you give me some advice?

Ludo

« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2024, 01:44:15 PM »
How is your BB mounted, did you use loctite? I have some creaking at times too but nothing worst than what I hear from much more expensive frames riding around me, so I haven’t been overly concerned with it, maybe I should lol

Snife

« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2024, 06:01:22 AM »
I have used loctite 641 retaining compound for that exact fear. I cannot stand squeaking bbs.
So far no squeaking, it really also hold up to every abuse I put it through. I had my first simulated race and couldn't be happier.

I am really missing a dropper post though. Let's see whether I can a cable routed through it without removing the BB.

Ludo

« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2024, 06:55:43 AM »
Should be doable, there is a lot of room in the BB area to run it up the seat tube. You have the magnet thingy?

poloskatek

« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2024, 01:00:07 PM »
 ;)
I have used loctite 641 retaining compound for that exact fear. I cannot stand squeaking bbs.
So far no squeaking, it really also hold up to every abuse I put it through. I had my first simulated race and couldn't be happier.

I am really missing a dropper post though. Let's see whether I can a cable routed through it without removing the BB.