Author Topic: New frame: Longteng RD301-D  (Read 19881 times)

Ahodesu05

Re: New frame: Longteng RD301-D
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2024, 02:39:06 AM »
Encountered my first issue building up the rd301d. Bike mechanic discovered seatpost wedge part (that tighten the seatpost) piece does not fit into the given space. Seems to me like the wedge piece is intended for different model.

Currently checking with vendor to confirm if they're sending the wrong part.

@Ahodesu05 Does your seatpost wedge piece fits? maybe I just received the wrong parts.

You're lucky you got (a wrong) one: I didn't get one at all :P.  And I didn't get a Di2 battery holder for the seat post - I'm not sure if they have one (since it's a non-standard aero seat post) or if I'm supposed to come up with something on my own. I'm following up with Alisa on these issues but they're off on national holiday in China for the rest of the week, will report back when I get some updates.  A bit annoying ... but all will be forgiven if the frame kicks ass.

kwantani

« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2024, 01:11:21 PM »
pics of the wedge part

viktorN

« Reply #122 on: October 04, 2024, 02:40:10 AM »
Whoops, seems like they went to the wrong shelf on that one!

I'm really curious about this bike, or Tantan FM301 or whichever. When you get the chance it would be interesting to see the actual max tire clearance.
Looks like it could be the ultimate allrounder if you could squeeze in a pair of 40mm gravel tires, very sporty rear at 410mm chainstays!

Serge_K

« Reply #123 on: October 04, 2024, 02:47:52 AM »
Whoops, seems like they went to the wrong shelf on that one!

I'm really curious about this bike, or Tantan FM301 or whichever. When you get the chance it would be interesting to see the actual max tire clearance.
Looks like it could be the ultimate allrounder if you could squeeze in a pair of 40mm gravel tires, very sporty rear at 410mm chainstays!

I have the LT268, it's rated 32C, i run 32C at the rear on a 34mm rim, so it measures 33.5mm, and i have PLENTY of clearance, front and rear, so i'm pretty sure i could run 34 or 35C (slick). When i bought the frames, i remember Alisa sent me cad drawings with the actual clearance on the frame, so if you're considering buying a 301, you could ask her for the same.
I'd bear in mind that if you want to put knobby gravel tyres, you should account for mud, crap, stones and what not in the clearance, so you'd probably be asking for trouble.
If you want a road oriented gravel bike, i can say good things, from 1st hand experience, of Xiamen carbon speed's grevil clone. Peter is on the forum. It clears 50C, but compared to my other gravel bike, it's much more road oriented / capable. And pinarello does know a thing or 2 about bike geometry, and clearly markets the grevil as a speed machine, not an adventure / bike packing horse.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

bremerradkurier

« Reply #124 on: October 04, 2024, 08:37:59 AM »
You're lucky you got (a wrong) one: I didn't get one at all :P.  And I didn't get a Di2 battery holder for the seat post - I'm not sure if they have one (since it's a non-standard aero seat post) or if I'm supposed to come up with something on my own. I'm following up with Alisa on these issues but they're off on national holiday in China for the rest of the week, will report back when I get some updates.  A bit annoying ... but all will be forgiven if the frame kicks ass.

For my Carbonspeed aero seatoost, I used two pieces of brake hose foam insulation and some spiral cable bundle wrap as a DIY battery holder.