Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

TPU vs Latex innertube

(1/6) > >>

BeR:
What do you prefer and why for aero bike ? (Performance, comfort, puncture resistance,...)

Please, don't talk about tubeless  ;D.

I have not seen any latex tube on Aliexpress, only TPU tube (Ridenow seems to be the cheapest and greatest quality).

bichler.bua:
I believe both Latex and TPU are great choices over butyl as they do reduce rolling resistance and add comfort (so does tubeless, BTW  ;)).
Running Revoloop without a problem on rim brake, the first Ridenow I had lost air and had defects, but it seems the newer iterations are better (the typical Chiner approach: the market will improve the product, eventually...)
Installed a pair of Cyclami TPU just this week, seem to hold air but have not taken them out for rides, yet.
Latex worked fine for me, as well, you will have to consider aging and them losing air - but you know what you sign up for, so still a great product and ride feel

jfcb:
TPU is the lightest option.
I believe the tests for rolling resistance that I've seen are a tiny bit in favour of Latex inner tubes, both outperforming butyl.
My personal experience is that latex does feel better: it rides more comfortable and it feels more stable in the corners. Likely because there is more material compared to TPU which will help to damp vibrations.
Concerning puncture protection, I have the feeling that latex tubes do very well since they are very flexible and small objects do not immediately cut through it.
That said, I do ride TPU since I don't want to inflate my tires every day.

ejump0:
a tpu user here, on 700c roadbike.

i have used:
- revoloop ultra
- ridenow gen1 36g (big box)
- ridenow gen2 26g (the slimmer box)
- thinkrider 28g twinpack.

so far all my punctures are from sharp objects debris on road (glass, nail etc).
revoloop is expensive.
however my ridenows have reliability issues (seam glue failed, the rubber seal on innercore failed n loose air, etc). it looked like theres ridenow gen3 with metal valve. haven tried that.
now my rear tire is with thinkrider.

from 118g butyl to 30g tputube, thats insane weightsaving for minimal money

BeR:

--- Quote from: jfcb on March 15, 2024, 03:49:43 AM ---TPU is the lightest option.
I believe the tests for rolling resistance that I've seen are a tiny bit in favour of Latex inner tubes, both outperforming butyl.
My personal experience is that latex does feel better: it rides more comfortable and it feels more stable in the corners. Likely because there is more material compared to TPU which will help to damp vibrations.
Concerning puncture protection, I have the feeling that latex tubes do very well since they are very flexible and small objects do not immediately cut through it.
That said, I do ride TPU since I don't want to inflate my tires every day.

--- End quote ---

Do you have a link of cheap latex on Aliexpress ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version