Author Topic: Gravel power meter options SRAM Eagle - getting the right chainline?  (Read 695 times)

raisinberry777

Currently piecing together a build with the SPCycle G068 and a SRAM AXS Eagle mullet drivetrain (single chainring 40t up front, 10-50 rear).

I'm trying figure out how to get the right chainline with any of the Chinese power meter options. For Eagle transmissions, SRAM specifies that the DUB Wide crankset has to be used, with a chainline of 47mm. Does anyone know if any of the Chinese crank options can be used (or adjusted to use) a chainline of 47mm? Perhaps a Senicx GR2/3 with a Magene P505?

armada

Re: Gravel power meter options SRAM Eagle - getting the right chainline?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2024, 08:00:13 AM »
As there is no real price diference between the Chinese power meters and a Sram power meter, why wouldnt you just go with a Sram powermeter?

raisinberry777

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2024, 04:15:04 PM »
As there is no real price diference between the Chinese power meters and a Sram power meter, why wouldnt you just go with a Sram powermeter?

A good question - mostly because of my difficulty in finding the DUB Wide crank arms at a reasonable price here in Australia. If I can find a cheap enough 8-bolt assembly I will probably just order a Quarq spider.

RDY

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2024, 04:22:19 PM »
Pretty sure most people aren't using DUB Wide unless they have the full SRAM groupset, or are running Boost (rather than Wide) on MTB hardtails or are on one of the tiny number of gravel bikes that require it - usually bikepacking stuff like the Cutthroat.

Loads of people use Eagle with road chainline.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 04:24:46 PM by RDY »

kubackje

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2024, 02:39:01 AM »
You can get senicx cranks with magene spider power meter and use offset chainring for the proper chain line. I was using senicx with my eagle derailleurs but now switched to force wide with magene power meter and pass quest chainring. While force is better imo even when butting spindle into the BB and pass quest chainring is way better then senicx one, I still think senicx is a good option.