Author Topic: My experience with Xmiplay..  (Read 27365 times)

Sitar_Ned

Re: My experience with Xmiplay..
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 07:56:01 PM »
Sweet paint! Really like that.. It's like a pinkish orange?

Patrick C.

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 11:17:22 PM »
No, it's more like a fire engine red.  It does look a bit orange in the pictures next to the light hardwood or cardboard, but in person I don't really see any orange.  The RGB number is 239, 62, 66 so it's not a pure red.  I have a few more pics, but they don't really have anything to do with XMI Play so I'll start a build thread.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 09:32:51 AM »
Ha.. I'm color blind. Who knew.

I can def see that it's more red now, but it does still look kind of hot fuschia pink and orange to me.

SamSkjord

• Professional skjord racer. Powered by carrots.
    • View Profile
    • Cash4bones.com
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 03:07:56 PM »
I think I'll give Iplay a punt for my next batch of carbony toys  ;D

However I can't look at their banner without seeing this:

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »
Many of have had a good experience with XMIplay.  So far I've placed 3 orders with Peter, each time everything worked out fine.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 09:22:41 PM »
An Iplay review, build thread from the "29er" section of the forum: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,191.0.html

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 09:28:12 PM »
I think I'll give Iplay a punt for my next batch of carbony toys  ;D

Not to mention, they have Peter and Paul, where is Mary? 

Maybe drop in the Dramatic Squirrel:

2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
Atlanta, GA

Oolak

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 09:31:05 PM »

Haha! Dogecoin, I bet don't nobody know nothin' bout dat!

I wonder what the Iplay guys that lurk this forum must be thinking while reading this, with the language barrier and all, lol. Don't worry - Nothing bad, just some good ole internet humor is all! He said he would buy his carbon goods from you, that's the important thing!  8)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:41:38 PM by Oolak »

scottbeam

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 08:59:32 AM »
hi there,

i just registered to share my experience with xmiplay and peter.  Ordering process was fine, but when my item shipped, it simply disappeared.  Peter emailed me a picture of a tracking number, but after 3 weeks, it still has no tracking activity on the EMS or USPS sites.  Multiple emails since then to Peter have either gotten no response, or excuses that there must be a backlog at the shipping company.  In the original picture of my tracking number, there was another customers tracking number as well and it was delivered in under a week to the US.

There is another person in a similar boat that i've made contact with as well, however there item does have tracking activity but seems to have been lost between china and US customs.  That person has been waiting 4 weeks for Peter to take some sort of action but so far nothing.

These certainly don't appear to be common issues with XmiPlay but it is very frustrating.

I've ordered other frames and wheelsets from HongFu, LightBicycles and PedalForce.  You always expect a bit of work with the time and language difference, plus you are saving tons of money so it's often worth it, but this particular transaction has been a pain in the a**.  I'm currently working with Paypal to get my money refunded.

MTB2223

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 09:08:58 AM »
I've got a 'wrong' site from Peter to track my frame. The correct site for me was http://app3.hongkongpost.hk/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp.

Send him a couple of times some emails and always get response. For me the after-sales is okay.

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 02:16:22 PM »
I've been able to track my shipments from Peter either through EMS China or USPS when the shipment reaches the US.  Sounds like you could have some missing or stolen shipments.  The shipping company is responsible for getting the item to you, if the package as indeed gone missing, Peter should file a claim and either re-ship your order or provide a refund.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 06:49:27 AM by Carbon_Dude »
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
Atlanta, GA

PeterQ

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 03:01:59 AM »
We are negotiating with EMS now, we lost 4 packages to the US recently. I have to say sorry about this, they are negotiating with the flight company as well but no response at all.   We have to reship some wheels and frames to our customers, we have to assume all loss by ourselves, EMS says they just assume reshipping costs. Damn it.

Scott, I totally understand you, if you can not wait for reshipping frameset, we will refund the payment to you.

scottbeam

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2014, 01:16:52 PM »
Hi Peter,

I sent you an email.  I'll accept a reshipment if you can send it out within say 3 weeks.  Otherwise I would like a refund so that I can source another frame elsewhere.  Just be honest with me and lets not drag this out further.

Thank you

MTNRCKT

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 10:41:32 PM »
Hi Peter,

I sent you an email.  I'll accept a reshipment if you can send it out within say 3 weeks.  Otherwise I would like a refund so that I can source another frame elsewhere.  Just be honest with me and lets not drag this out further.

Thank you

How'd this turn out, Scott?

scottbeam

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2014, 02:49:36 PM »
Hi Peter,

Thank you

How'd this turn out, Scott?

tbd right now.  peter is supposed to email me tonight to let me know if he can get another frame for me.  the last one had to be built and i had to wait 6 weeks for that.  it's a cross bike for my wife, so waiting another 6 weeks plus shipping time plus getting it all put together would be too late for the start of the season.  i'll post up when a final resolution is in hand.