Author Topic: 29er light bicycle wheelset  (Read 10760 times)

Andy

29er light bicycle wheelset
« on: November 28, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »
Hi Guys,
i have a pair of practically new 29er carbon wheels from light bicycle.  They are 30mm wide and have the 15mm thru axle up front and the 142mm thru axle out back with the sealed bearing novatec hubs.  I paid about $1000 for them and have ridden them like 4 or 5 times so they are like new.  Will sell for $600 and that includes free shipping.  Thanks for looking.
Andy.

MTNRCKT

Re: 29er light bicycle wheelset
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 09:07:07 AM »
Sounds like a fair deal. Any pics of them?

Andy

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 09:03:09 PM »
Yes sir.  Shoot me your email and I'll send you pics.  These wheels are awesome!  I just went to a fat bike.  Thanks,
Andy.

MTNRCKT

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 08:33:36 AM »
PM sent

Andy

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 05:20:53 PM »
i am having trouble posting pics to this site.  So if anyone would like pics of these wheels just shoot me your email and I will send pics.

Also DEAL OF THE YEAR!!!
I am now selling this ultra light, wide Carbon wheelset for $500 and that includes shipping to your door.
Thanks,
Andy.

bxcc

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 06:08:04 PM »
Which Novatec hubs? the 7xx or 8xx series? What about spokes and nipples?
Also, not to be a butt, but Light bicycle sells the Novatec wheels for $668 shipped to the US and those are new. IF you want to move them, 25% might not be enough for a used set of wheels.

bxcc

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 07:49:42 PM »
Which Novatec hubs? the 7xx or 8xx series? What about spokes and nipples?
Also, not to be a butt, but Light bicycle sells the Novatec wheels for $668 shipped to the US and those are new. IF you want to move them, 25% might not be enough for a used set of wheels.

Not trying to be a butt?!  Sounds to me like you are calling me a liar.  Like My add said I paid $1000 for these set of wheels.  If someone doesn't want to pay me $500 for them shipped that's okay.  They just need to move on.
Andy

Nope, not calling you a liar at all. I have no idea who you are or what your story is so I would do no such thing. With all due respect, what makes you think I was calling you a liar? I was just stating the fact that they are now being sold for a certain price that is different than what you paid. I was actually trying to help by asking what the actual specs are of the wheels and hubs. If you got the nicer spokes or something like that, it would be good to know so everyone knows what they are getting.

Patrick C.

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 11:00:24 AM »
Lighten up, Francis.  He wrote nothing to dispute what you paid.  He also did nothing to hurt your chances of selling the wheels, since anyone who is seriously interested would most likely know what else is available.  I hope you're able to get a good price for them, but remember that they will be compared to what is available today, not what you paid for them in the past.

Vipassana

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 11:02:03 PM »

bxcc

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 05:24:28 AM »

I said that because I said I paid $1000 for them yet you disagreed and said they only cost $668.  In effect throwing a vibe of doubt on my honesty and in essence ruining my chance of selling the wheels.  Thanks a lot!!!
They were a grand.  They have the upgraded Novatec hubs and the thinner, lighter, more expensive spokes, nipples and graphics,   I don't remember exact specifics.  What I do know is like I said they cost a grand and I am selling them for half of that at $500 and that includes shipping.

I didn't disagree with you on how much you paid. I simply informed you that Light-bicycle.com is selling them for quite a bit less now. That is why I was trying to help. If you want to convince someone you paid a $1000 for them, you may want to include the specifics. $500 shipped isn't a bad price at all. But I do believe people should know what they are getting. Especially on a friendly forum like this.

Watch who you're calling Francis.  You're a real tough guy behind a keyboard, huh?   How about you mind your own business punk?

However, this comment is "in essence ruining my chance of selling the wheels".

Patrick C.

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 07:14:09 AM »
Watch who you're calling Francis.  You're a real tough guy behind a keyboard, huh?   How about you mind your own business punk?

I guess you didn't get the joke, sorry.

And lighten up, Francis.  :)

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 07:49:29 AM »
Haha.. Francis? Punk? Lol.. Come on guys, I think there's just been some miscommunication. I don't want to go around editing people's comments, nor do I want this to escalate, so I'll just kindly ask that we get back to the topic at hand, please.

Feel free to continue with discussion of the wheel's value, but let's leave that punk Francis out of this  :D

cmh

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 07:31:37 AM »
Haha.. Francis? Punk? Lol.. Come on guys, I think there's just been some miscommunication. I don't want to go around editing people's comments, nor do I want this to escalate, so I'll just kindly ask that we get back to the topic at hand, please.

Feel free to continue with discussion of the wheel's value, but let's leave that punk Francis out of this  :D

If I wanted a flamewar, I'd be on mtbr.  ;D

Commie

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 08:22:38 PM »
Sold? Not sold?

Andy

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2016, 07:25:40 AM »
Still for sale.  Heck I'll take $500 shipped to your door for them.  Thanks,
Andy