Author Topic: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts  (Read 375469 times)

Colt__Seavers

Re: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts
« Reply #645 on: August 06, 2020, 12:58:47 AM »
love it! You have balls!

That one will get noticed, for sure  :D

Great color! I didn't go with paint but next time I am going with something LOUD :D

Thank you! I am glad I went with this color. Carbonda is amazing, I will look out for more from them in the future.

Build is pretty finished now!

oh wow, you're a fast builder.

Vipassana

« Reply #646 on: August 06, 2020, 10:57:43 AM »

Thank you! I am glad I went with this color. Carbonda is amazing, I will look out for more from them in the future.

Looks great.  I'm interested to hear your impressions on the ride.  In particular, how does it climb and how good/bad in the pedal bob under power?

carbonazza

« Reply #647 on: August 06, 2020, 12:08:32 PM »
...how good/bad in the pedal bob under power?
This is definitely a worry for us hardtails guys  ;)

theirishrider

« Reply #648 on: August 06, 2020, 12:25:13 PM »
Love the pink

Looking forward to hearing some news on my shipment! Payment sent for 1 frame around the 20th July, no news yet! How long did it take you guys from payment to shipment? Thanks

Colt__Seavers

« Reply #649 on: August 06, 2020, 02:31:17 PM »
Love the pink

Looking forward to hearing some news on my shipment! Payment sent for 1 frame around the 20th July, no news yet! How long did it take you guys from payment to shipment? Thanks
10 days as I chose UD matte black. But I pushed for it in the meantime
I payed July 11th
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 03:03:06 PM by Colt__Seavers »

adroitrider

« Reply #650 on: August 06, 2020, 02:33:51 PM »
Love the pink

For my order, the DHL tracking had the label created the day I ordered and it shipped about two weeks later.

What shipping did you chose?

Medico

« Reply #651 on: August 06, 2020, 02:43:05 PM »

Looks great.  I'm interested to hear your impressions on the ride.  In particular, how does it climb and how good/bad in the pedal bob under power?

I can comment on it after almost 3000km on it and recently biked in the Alpes.
Using a rs deluxe 165x42.5 shock with 30% sag and 80+kg geared up.
There is some visible moving while biking, but not noticable while biking offroad. On tarmac I sometimes use the paddlestand when hammering...but not sure it really helps..
 On steep and technical climbing without lockout without a doubt, more traction and controll, love the active suspension...like to sit while climbing btw.
Hopefully this helps you.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 02:46:39 PM by Medico »

casual_build

« Reply #652 on: August 06, 2020, 02:50:47 PM »
oh wow, you're a fast builder.

Thanks you, I couldnt get any work done until I finished the build. So I worked on it all the time.

I have some tuning to do. Then I will ride it for a bit before I give my impressions.

Love the pink

Thank you! It is very pink in the sunlight but, magenta with indoor lighting. As for time, I send payment on July 3rd it shipped out on the 30th. DHL was very quick. Adam could have been faster.

theirishrider

« Reply #653 on: August 06, 2020, 03:23:03 PM »
For my order, the DHL tracking had the label created the day I ordered and it shipped about two weeks later.

What shipping did you chose?

Thanks to all for the info! I chose DHL and paid 220 USD for it :)

Vipassana

« Reply #654 on: August 07, 2020, 11:55:05 AM »
I can comment on it after almost 3000km on it and recently biked in the Alpes.
Using a rs deluxe 165x42.5 shock with 30% sag and 80+kg geared up.
There is some visible moving while biking, but not noticable while biking offroad. On tarmac I sometimes use the paddlestand when hammering...but not sure it really helps..
 On steep and technical climbing without lockout without a doubt, more traction and controll, love the active suspension...like to sit while climbing btw.
Hopefully this helps you.

This is good feedback.  I am still on the fence, but I don't think it's because I question the bike anymore.  I think it's because I'm afraid to stray too far from the feeling of an XC hardtail.  Before considering a Chiner again, I was really focused on an Epic because of that efficient race bike feel, but the benefits of FS.  I also have bad memories of my 2011 Giant Anthem and all of it's bad behavior when climbing.  But a lot has changed since then with geometry and suspension design.

I suppose if I really dislike this frame for whatever reason, I can always transfer the components to another design and not be out too much money.

daforce84

« Reply #655 on: August 09, 2020, 02:13:57 AM »
Hi, I'm doing research on my build, and the whole Boost standard has me a little confused. I've searched and read through previous posts where people mention that the 52mm chainline is the standard, and one user mentioned using a Shimano XT M8100 crank, and had 1cm of clearance to the chainstays.

I'm also planning to use XT cranks, and I see that the M8100 part with 52mm chain line, "works with 142 or 148 O.L.D., and prioritizes narrowest possible Q factor"

Meanwhile, Shimano also makes the M8120 crank, with a 55mm chainline. I've seen some sites advertise this as the "Boost" crankset, and that the "55mm chain line works with 148 O.L.D., and prioritizes frame and tire clearance over Q-Factor"

Is the main take-away that both will work? Are there any negatives to having the 55mm chainline? Thanks.

Colt__Seavers

« Reply #656 on: August 09, 2020, 07:10:25 AM »
From.what I understood is 148mm rear drop out is boost standard. Therefore a boost crank will work best.
52mm is standard for that kind of rear dropout (1x crank). If you are going to use more than 52mm, the only reason do do so is to have more chainstay clearance for bigger chain rings.
A larger chainline than 52/53mm might lead to complications using the easiest gear (largest sprocket)
I haven't started my build yet, but I'm going to use a Next SL crank with 136mm spindle and garbaruk boost chainring. It has about 53mm chainline. Don't know how it will work though.

Medico

« Reply #657 on: August 09, 2020, 07:38:34 AM »
I use a m7100 slx crank with a 12 sp slx casette... Zero issues with the 10 and the 51 sprocket... Would not go for 55 chainline because the biggest sprocket will give issues for sure (paddling back is the least of the problem).
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 10:41:44 AM by Medico »

daforce84

« Reply #658 on: August 09, 2020, 10:20:04 AM »
I use a m7100 slx crank with a 12 sp slx casette... Zero issues with the 10 and the 51 sprocket... Would not go for 52 chainline because the biggest sprocket will give issues for sure (paddling back is the least of the problem).

Thank you Colt__Seavers and Medico!

Medico -- Looking at the M7100, it has a 52mm chainline. Just to clarify your post, did you mean, "Would not go for 55 chainline...?"

Medico

« Reply #659 on: August 09, 2020, 10:42:12 AM »
I use a m7100 slx crank with a 12 sp slx casette... Zero issues with the 10 and the 51 sprocket... Would not go for 52 chainline because the biggest sprocket will give issues for sure (paddling back is the least of the problem).

Thank you Colt__Seavers and Medico!

Medico -- Looking at the M7100, it has a 52mm chainline. Just to clarify your post, did you mean, "Would not go for 55 chainline...?"

Sorry...55 is what I mean