Author Topic: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts  (Read 375377 times)

Bobodaclown

Re: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts
« Reply #1620 on: April 26, 2021, 12:43:07 AM »
Same price as last year, yes.
Shipping is the killer Vs 12/18months ago... But most shipping charges have gone up

Denis

« Reply #1621 on: April 26, 2021, 05:34:43 AM »
  At winter found some cracks around link in front triangle.  Carbonda claimed this as a warranty an said they send me new triangle in march. In march they said it delays to april. Now finally new triangle is ready, and they put me new recuirement - to cut off old triangle. At this moment I,m resting with shoulder injury. And I dont understand how I can dissasemble full suspension bike with inner cables with only one working hand.  And I dont want to stay without rideable bike for recovery period, with easy rides.  ( maybe shipping stucks for months). Carbonda do not accept my arguments.  Earlier I was thinking about building trail bike on fm1002, may be now it's not a good idea...

Denis

« Reply #1622 on: April 26, 2021, 06:36:39 AM »

Here is photo

Denis

« Reply #1623 on: April 26, 2021, 06:51:43 AM »
Now they decide me to pay 500$ deposit, claiming to return it when new triangle arrives, and I cut off old cracked triangle. Wtf??? )

carbonazza

« Reply #1624 on: April 26, 2021, 07:10:06 AM »
It is common. I did break a frame from another builder, they wanted a picture of it cut too.
Maybe to insure you don't repair/repaint/resell it. Not sure why really.
In any case you can trust Carbonda, they will stick to what they say.

Denis

« Reply #1625 on: April 26, 2021, 07:59:07 AM »
I just don't want to stay without rideable bike for unknown period, what if shipping stucks for few month.
Who will by cracked and repaired only front triangle , and for what price, it's just stupid.

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #1626 on: April 26, 2021, 10:35:39 AM »
Now they decide me to pay 500$ deposit, claiming to return it when new triangle arrives, and I cut off old cracked triangle. Wtf??? )
This is standard warranty procedure. Never seen any manufacturer handle it differently. They actually seem pretty flexible and you're not being reasonable.

I get your injured and can't disassemble your bike, so pay the deposit. Or use your good arm and a hack saw and cut the top tube or ask a friend for help.

theirishrider

« Reply #1627 on: April 26, 2021, 10:57:12 AM »
This is standard warranty procedure. Never seen any manufacturer handle it differently. They actually seem pretty flexible and you're not being reasonable.

I get your injured and can't disassemble your bike, so pay the deposit. Or use your good arm and a hack saw and cut the top tube or ask a friend for help.
Sounds like the way to?  It's a really standard procedure, even bike shops have to do it with the brands like this :)

Jotegr

« Reply #1628 on: April 26, 2021, 11:01:04 AM »
Feed a buddy a few beers to get the front triangle apart? Pay a shop to disassemble it?

All normal warranty stuff here lol. To me it seems like Carbonda is trying to act like a legit bike brand more than anything.

brex

« Reply #1629 on: April 26, 2021, 11:12:10 AM »
Are you expecting Carbonda to do the work of trading out the frame too? If you can swap the parts to the new frame, you can cut the old one.

Denis

« Reply #1630 on: April 26, 2021, 12:16:24 PM »
 I don't expect anything from them. I just want ride my bike soon, if I cut off it now, it will be unrideable for unknown time.

Denis

« Reply #1631 on: April 26, 2021, 12:26:02 PM »
  If you do not appreciate your time, you are immortal?  I don't have endless time, and want to ride my bike as much as possible.

Denis

« Reply #1632 on: April 26, 2021, 12:31:35 PM »
Carbonda tries to cosplay some brend, at our country it calls " effective management" with negative color. For example, one guy cracks his alu SantaCruz,  frames for replacement will not be available until end of summet, they said he can weld the cracks and enjoy riding before new frame will be available.

brex

« Reply #1633 on: April 26, 2021, 02:28:50 PM »
I'm having a hard time understanding what your issue is. Here is your first post:

At winter found some cracks around link in front triangle.  Carbonda claimed this as a warranty an said they send me new triangle in march. In march they said it delays to april. Now finally new triangle is ready, and they put me new recuirement - to cut off old triangle. At this moment I,m resting with shoulder injury. And I dont understand how I can dissasemble full suspension bike with inner cables with only one working hand.  And I dont want to stay without rideable bike for recovery period, with easy rides.  ( maybe shipping stucks for months). Carbonda do not accept my arguments.  Earlier I was thinking about building trail bike on fm1002, may be now it's not a good idea...

You want to get a warranty replacement for your frame because it has cracks that made you feel uneasy enough about it that you contacted Carbonda. Carbonda responded that yes, appears to be an issue and should be replaced.
Then your complaint is that you are resting your shoulder and only have one good hand and can't disassemble the bike. Yet you will have to either way in order to swap the frame's front triangle.
Carbonda offers a very standard compromise - give a deposit and they will send a replacement. When you get it swapped over, you will get your deposit back.
I don't expect anything from them. I just want ride my bike soon, if I cut off it now, it will be unrideable for unknown time.
Can you ride your bike right now, as is? I thought you were injured and the bike cracked enough that it is deemed a warranty replacement item, likely unsafe?

So you want to continue riding a cracked carbon framed bike, while injured, and then when the new front triangle arrives, disassemble and swap the parts over?
If so, pay the deposit. Not an uncommon practice or unreasonable thing for a company to request.

But why do you want to ride a broken bike that you were concerned enough that you asked the company for a replacement?

wfl3

« Reply #1634 on: April 26, 2021, 04:08:13 PM »

Looks like chipped paint to me???

You should see the cracks in the clearcoat on my Turner Czar.    :D