Author Topic: ZTTO BB92 BB86 threaded bottom brackets.  (Read 11755 times)

electrolux

Re: ZTTO BB92 BB86 threaded bottom brackets.
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2023, 03:11:42 AM »
Hi,
I have installed a ztto BB86 threaded BB on my new frame (Speeder Cycling SC 52D), but after a few rides the bb is creaking  :(
Any of you experienced this and found a solution ?

I have the ceramic version, and the crankset is a Red AXS GXP. I just threaded the cups and installed the GXP adapter for the non-drive side.
On the Token Ninja I think a wavy washer is required on the drive side, but ztto dot not provide this washer so I thought it was not necessary ?
In addition to what was mentioned above I have seen some people use PTFE plumbers tape to take up any tolerances which solved their creaking. Can be an easy fix.

jonathanf2

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2023, 01:15:12 PM »
I currently have a ZTTO threaded press fit BB86 steel bearing BB installed in one of my bike frames. It's currently working great! I have a few questions if I plan to upgrade the bearings:

1. Can I leave the cups/sleeve in place while removing the bearings?

2. I'm presuming I would need to use a press fit tool to install new bearings?

If it requires removing the whole assembly again, maybe it's better just to get a brand new BB instead (though somewhat wasteful).

kenji

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2023, 07:01:52 AM »
thanks for your inputs electrolux and carbonazza, actually the noise came from the nds crank arm, the 8 mm bolt was loosening itself during rides, especially when I was out of the saddle. I had to re-tighten it regularly on the fly during a bikepacking trip.
When tightened, the crankset did not spin freely but I do not know the source of the issue. I did not want to carefully investigated this, and replaced the ztto bb by a token ninja lite, and now I think this is working properly.

St0mpB0x

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2023, 04:51:53 PM »
1. Can I leave the cups/sleeve in place while removing the bearings?

2. I'm presuming I would need to use a press fit tool to install new bearings?

1. Most likely.
2. Yes.

kubackje

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2024, 02:08:21 PM »
How are those BBs holding up guys? I don't wanna instal another pf dura Ace bb and was considering the threaded one like this. Easy to put better bearings and it should work great. Would be way cheaper then buying something better then dura ace like bikone

waltini

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2024, 03:11:02 PM »
How are those BBs holding up guys? I don't wanna instal another pf dura Ace bb and was considering the threaded one like this. Easy to put better bearings and it should work great. Would be way cheaper then buying something better then dura ace like bikone

I have a T47 77mm BB from ZTTO and it has been great (so far) has only done a few thousand kilometres. Install was very easy. Bearings actually seem decent.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #51 on: Today at 12:56:25 AM »
I have a MTB frame with a misaligned BB shell (F*CK you OG-Evkin) and have been struggling with it for a while. Tried a lot of different bottom brackets and retaining compound up to the point where the BB shell is now oversized because of all the play etc. of the bottom brackets.

As a last resort I tried the ZTTO thread together BB with a lot of high strength retaining compound and this has been fine for a while now. The bearings are holding up already a lot longer than I was expecting (after a lot of muddy MTB rides) and the crank is now spinning smoother than any of my other bikes.