Author Topic: Velobuild VB-R-168 Frame  (Read 201175 times)

Natas

Re: Velobuild VB-R-168 Frame
« Reply #405 on: August 14, 2021, 02:37:33 PM »
Hello was only a silent reader until now. I ordered 2 frames 168 from Curis are on the way. The video with the handlebars and that it is an experienced self-builder scared me. I already got an answer from Chris

I don't even know what that means exactly, I don't even see how it goes on

My handlebar is the new version HB011, with the two bolts.

Chris answered to me after my message with the video and picture, that is his response:
Hello

Thanks for the bar picture

Please rest assured the bar tested .The moving from video seems not locked tightly enough ,not bar flexibility

Chris

To be totally clear and honest, I decided to do cross-tests with different stems and handlebars (3T, rotor, ritchey, deda, chinese ...) and also to scrupulously reinstall the HB011 handlebars (with a few shims under the headset top cover and that make difference) . Of course, the HB011 isn't the stifer solution, but neither is it the worst that I have tried by far.
Finaly, I just finished the build an hour ago and did a quick ride of half an hour (15km and 320 D+).

Thus, this ride was short, but I can tell that:
  • I confirm the handlebar is not the stiffer one that I have tried, but honestly it's less worst than can be imagined with the video (I think this static test is not representative of the pressure aplly during the ride for my gabarit 67kg), it was not a big deal during the ride (of course that needs to be confirm with longer ride test
  • The Juin Tech GT-F brake are a good surprise, of course they need to be lapped, but the power and the feeling is good for me  ;D ;D
  • The wheelset Llightbicycle AR465 in Flyweight are very very good and responsive
  • I need to reajust the position of my saddle  ;) ;)
I hope these clarifications will help and reduce the doubt that I've maybe created to you and me :-\ :-\
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 02:40:16 PM by Natas »

renrew

« Reply #406 on: August 14, 2021, 02:44:34 PM »
 will see I don't know what I'm getting HB 11 or 10.
Do you put another picture in completely and tell us what your bike weighs
Thank you

renrew

« Reply #407 on: August 14, 2021, 02:46:16 PM »
sorry there it is
wonderfull
class

Natas

« Reply #408 on: August 14, 2021, 02:57:08 PM »
Another precision, I think the flex shown in the video was a combination of natural flex of HB011 handlebar and low compression on compression cone that probaly created a small play between the steerer tube and the bearing. Now with the shims added under the headset top cover, the amplitude of the flex is less.

The total weight of my build from my Excel spreadsheet is 6963gr, but I need to verify with scale.

renrew

« Reply #409 on: August 14, 2021, 03:02:40 PM »
Dream including pedals?
Can you put the table online
Thank you :)

hazzer19

« Reply #410 on: August 15, 2021, 01:34:53 AM »
Have you tried it without the top triangle cover? The bolt might not be going down enough to push out the expanding sleeve.

I've just received my 168 yesterday so the build starts this weekend. I noticed I've got a different handle bar to you. Mine seems to be this one (http://www.velobuild.com/products/carbon-fiber-road-bike-integrated-handlebar-with-spacers-for-hidden-cables-routing), notice there's the two bolts on the side for tightening, rather than that bolt insert. It only came with the spacers and expander too.

Any more theories on why they aren't shipping the bars without side bolts like originally pictured? I have one of the ones without side bolts which looks great but hope they didn't stop shipping it because it was a poor design that is showing problems.

Also, anyone's top triangle cap either not come fully black or change in colour?

Natas

« Reply #411 on: August 15, 2021, 08:57:48 AM »
Dream including pedals?
Can you put the table online
Thank you :)

Of course  ;) ;)

The futures evolutions will be to change:

I should win 250gr
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 09:01:07 AM by Natas »

renrew

« Reply #412 on: August 15, 2021, 09:55:56 AM »
very very cool

renrew

« Reply #413 on: August 15, 2021, 10:07:38 AM »
Has anyone ever tried to install the seat post from the Tarmac SL7,
it fits, the rubber cover fits perfectly

OlieSimpson

« Reply #414 on: August 15, 2021, 01:05:22 PM »
Has anyone ever tried to install the seat post from the Tarmac SL7,
it fits, the rubber cover fits perfectly

Just to double check, you have successfully installed an SL7 seatpost in to a VB-R-168?

I know the rubber covers fit fine but have not seen confirmation the actual seatpost itself fits.

Great if so as I'd love to get a 0mm offset post for mine!

renrew

« Reply #415 on: August 15, 2021, 01:18:29 PM »
I just bought one, when my frames are there I'll report, but that may take a while :)

renrew

« Reply #416 on: August 15, 2021, 02:41:55 PM »
here as a comparison of the SL7 SWORKS without pedals

OlieSimpson

« Reply #417 on: August 15, 2021, 03:36:48 PM »
I just bought one, when my frames are there I'll report, but that may take a while :)

Yeah the wait for the frame is a killer, I think I'm coming close to 2 months now and it's still awaiting paint and custom decals.

Which seatpost did you order? I can't find any chiner ones and the official SL7 posts are upwards of €200!

renrew

« Reply #418 on: August 15, 2021, 04:31:21 PM »
Specialized S-Works Tarmac Carbon Post - 300/20 mm offset, carbon

If you bought them on Ebay classifieds you can get them for about 100 euros