Author Topic: Xoss/iGPSport, other computer companies?  (Read 5181 times)

Nickk2000

Xoss/iGPSport, other computer companies?
« on: June 22, 2021, 03:43:43 PM »
Im in the market for a computer with a nav system so i can go exploring. Anyone have experience with these? I currently have the g+ But i was thinking of the sprint or the igs520. The igs520 is like 70-80 more than the sprint. Also open to other companies if anyone has experience.

Schumo

Re: Xoss/iGPSport, other computer companies?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 03:43:56 AM »
Are you sure you mean the IGS520 and not the 618/620? The 520 should be cheaper than the Sprint.

I went from the G+ to the iGS520. The computer itself is great, the navigation feature is pretty basic tho.

I personally wouldn't spend over 100$/€ on a chinese computer, as they all have some issues, and the support is moderate at best. I'd just swallow the bitter pill and get something from a reputable brand like Garmin or Wahoo.

1Sigma

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 02:42:59 PM »
Well, I just bought the MageneC406, so once I spend some time with it, I can report back
Better than average - Extra Average

Nickk2000

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 07:12:55 PM »
That would work, thank you.

And the 620 is more expensive at $180 but it has a color coded gps, the 520 has a black and white.

1Sigma

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 11:47:13 AM »
I checked out the iGS620 as well, but couldn't justify the extra cost for what I need out of a bike computer

I furiously tried to rationalize buying it but just couldn't

Nickk2000

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 02:53:45 PM »
Fair, whats the diff between 620 and 520 besides the colored nav?

Schumo

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2021, 05:42:55 PM »
620 also has integrated maps, while 520 only has line-based navigation.

Wrote something about it here
http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3219.msg26820.html#msg26820

Nickk2000

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2021, 07:30:07 PM »
Thanks. I think the 520 wont work for me then because i went on a good century the other day and i didnt really know where i wanted to go. So it seems like the 620 is the best option

robertofrr

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 05:23:51 AM »
I had igpsport i618, it works fine but i changed it because i needed a navigation.
In the last software upgrade there are add maps. But it have low space memory and they have introduce the new i620.

Now I use X-Plova X5evo
https://www.xplova.com

After 1 year to use, its a good compromise to quality price.
Navigation is very good, Free maps and is simple to create route to follow on the website and download to device by phone hotspot

Nickk2000

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2021, 08:16:34 PM »
It says it can handle 3000 hours before needing to be drained. Do you think this includes or doesnt include using a nav sustem .map file?

jcr

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2021, 02:41:26 PM »
I had igpsport i618, it works fine but i changed it because i needed a navigation.
In the last software upgrade there are add maps. But it have low space memory and they have introduce the new i620.

Now I use X-Plova X5evo
https://www.xplova.com

After 1 year to use, its a good compromise to quality price.
Navigation is very good, Free maps and is simple to create route to follow on the website and download to device by phone hotspot

Is it me or does some of the X-Plova looks like rebadge iGPSport?

1Sigma

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2021, 10:00:49 AM »
Anyone end up getting any hands on experience with the iGS620?

Snacks

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2021, 11:04:19 AM »
Anyone end up getting any hands on experience with the iGS620?

That's what I've been using for the better part of a year now. It's an alright bike computer. It syncs to sensors and such quite easily. Uploads data to strava ans training peaks automatically which is nice. It also shows you when you get a text or call. You can read the text straight from the device. Navigating the device UI is pretty simple and easy to read/understand. It does its job as a bike computer well , however, the QOL features and navigation are problematic. 

The route planning is terrible. You can import gpx data from other sites but even then the navigation on the device is pretty poor. It doesn't alert you if you've missed a turn and if you take a wrong turn , if there's two left at a fork in road for example, you won't know until thr two roads separate from each other for it to be noticeable on the screen. You can't zoom in to see the correct road nor does it have any way to tell you which is the correct path to take.

The company behind thr product is currently developing the accompanying app while its live. So sometimes it won't connect with thr device unless I turn Bluetooth off on my phone and then start the app so it can turn Bluetooth on itself. Or you get other fun random bugs. Last update the app decided to change to German and this week its Spanish.

I honestly can't recommend the product at all. If you don't use navigation might as well get a cheaper unit and if you do then might as well get something a little more expensive that works.

1Sigma

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2021, 12:33:54 PM »
That's what I've been using for the better part of a year now. It's an alright bike computer. It syncs to sensors and such quite easily. Uploads data to strava ans training peaks automatically which is nice. It also shows you when you get a text or call. You can read the text straight from the device. Navigating the device UI is pretty simple and easy to read/understand. It does its job as a bike computer well , however, the QOL features and navigation are problematic. 

The route planning is terrible. You can import gpx data from other sites but even then the navigation on the device is pretty poor. It doesn't alert you if you've missed a turn and if you take a wrong turn , if there's two left at a fork in road for example, you won't know until thr two roads separate from each other for it to be noticeable on the screen. You can't zoom in to see the correct road nor does it have any way to tell you which is the correct path to take.

The company behind thr product is currently developing the accompanying app while its live. So sometimes it won't connect with thr device unless I turn Bluetooth off on my phone and then start the app so it can turn Bluetooth on itself. Or you get other fun random bugs. Last update the app decided to change to German and this week its Spanish.

I honestly can't recommend the product at all. If you don't use navigation might as well get a cheaper unit and if you do then might as well get something a little more expensive that works.

Thanks.  That's what I was worried about. The main reason for getting the igs620 would be for the navigation.  If that is lacklustre or, even worse, frustrating and difficult, then I'd agree it would be a pass.

1Sigma

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2022, 08:12:49 PM »
So, the igs630 has been released.
It looks good...visually at least.

Anyone keen?

https://www.igpsport.com/bikecomputer