Author Topic: Spcycle 2023 New Travel 120mm Super Light 29er full suspension frame  (Read 24534 times)

emu26

Re: Spcycle 2023 New Travel 120mm Super Light 29er full suspension frame
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2023, 03:10:40 AM »
I honestly don't want either.  The fact is this bike frame has 120mm of travel which already pushes it out of the "XC race" category.  spcycle can cater to a far larger market if they had one frame that would satisfy both the XC and light trail duty requirements.  All I am suggesting is shrinking the seat tube can make the design far more flexible and capable.
I agree with you, the seat tube should be about 30mm shorter (or even shorter, ideally).

and the BB drop is too big AFAIAK

martocom

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2023, 05:36:38 AM »
Suggestion:
Option for external cable routing, then use upper headset bearing for offset bearing to slacken Head Tube Angle.

sync1

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2023, 06:16:53 AM »
For me, I just want:
-Tight tolerances;
-Good bearings;
-Good hardware (bolts, axles, dropout, etc);

If possible:
-Cable routing NOT through headset.

ventu84090

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2023, 08:33:57 AM »
Yes, we can offer free shipping to the UK, US, Canada. thank you

And to Italy? Thanks.

spcycle

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2023, 08:45:47 AM »
And to Italy? Thanks.

Free shipping countries and regions include
EU, US, UK, Canada, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand

daifanshi

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2023, 09:34:32 AM »
Yes, we have completed 3D printing and mold development. So the geometric parameters will not change. thank you

Didn't you literally ask for suggestions on the mold in the original post?  ::)

sync1

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2023, 09:50:27 AM »
Didn't you literally ask for suggestions on the mold in the original post?  ::)

He said:

By the way, we also accpet the customized mold production and painting job work.

If anyone have the advice or idea for this mold, feel free to reflect to us.

So, they accept custom molds production (I bet not cheap) and advices for this mold (already done), not changing the mold.

daifanshi

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2023, 10:06:43 AM »
He said:

So, they accept custom molds production (I bet not cheap) and advices for this mold (already done), not changing the mold.

I think it would benefit spcycle greatly if they took a look at how the market is trending before committing to creating their tooling.  It seems to me that this frame isn't what a lot of people want.  There's always going to be somebody who will buy this, but if I saw this on a catalog page I'd take a pass on it.

sync1

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2023, 11:30:22 AM »
This is an Orbea Oiz 2023 clone. I know a lot of people who would like to have one. Check GMBN yt videos, they are raving about it.
I will try to sell one (or more) of my bikes to get one of this. For me, the geo its almost perfect for XCM and XCO.

Boybiskit

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2023, 01:20:42 PM »
I think it would benefit spcycle greatly if they took a look at how the market is trending before committing to creating their tooling.  It seems to me that this frame isn't what a lot of people want.  There's always going to be somebody who will buy this, but if I saw this on a catalog page I'd take a pass on it.

What's not right? It looks pretty good to me.

Cables through the headset: yes, it's a bit of a pain when you're building it, but worth it for the clean lines
People are talking about the seat tube length: it's shorter than a Genius, Epic Evo and Anthem Advanced. 10mm longer than a Top Fuel
Chainstays are shorter than all of the above. That's a good thing in my mind
Wheelbase is in the shorter end of modern 'normal'. So it won't feel like too much of a tank
BB drop is the same as a Spark

daifanshi

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2023, 11:30:37 AM »
What's not right? It looks pretty good to me.

Cables through the headset: yes, it's a bit of a pain when you're building it, but worth it for the clean lines
People are talking about the seat tube length: it's shorter than a Genius, Epic Evo and Anthem Advanced. 10mm longer than a Top Fuel
Chainstays are shorter than all of the above. That's a good thing in my mind
Wheelbase is in the shorter end of modern 'normal'. So it won't feel like too much of a tank
BB drop is the same as a Spark

It's "right" if your point of reference is this Orbea bike that was mentioned and a bunch of other random bike models. The problem is the seat tube is really too long for this length of reach and ETT.  Maybe Orbea had a reason to do this, but spcycle could clearly have thought it through better and shrunk the seat tubes down for at least the small and medium sizes where standover for 29" frames is nearly always an issue for shorter riders.

If spcycle's only goal was just to clone what was already on the market, then that's their choice.   But I would hope to think they are more creative than that.

brex

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2023, 03:02:22 PM »
Biggest issue I have with it is the headset cable routing. I won't build a bike with that garbage.
Head angle could be a degree more slack, but since it has headset routing I am out either way.

jefflinde

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2023, 04:01:20 PM »
I am in the same boat with the headset cable routing.  i just built a LC 918 and 914 and both have the cables in the headset.  i am seriously going to look at just drilling a hole in the frame for the cables.  headset cable routing is literally the dumbest thing the bike industry has come up with and they have had some duesys.  as soon as i see that from now on it is a hard stop.   

spcycle

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2023, 07:36:11 PM »
If the buyer needs external cable routing, we can drill holes in the frame.

akuutti247

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2023, 01:05:51 AM »
That is good to know! :)

Could you also make offset headset bearings to get 66 degrees head angle with 120mm fork?

Aku