Author Topic: LTWOO eGR  (Read 8708 times)

jonathanf2

Re: LTWOO eGR
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2024, 10:34:18 AM »
Lol those holes are the most retarded pattern imaginable, it's almost funny. imagine the donkey who came up with the design.

They work fine! I double checked my gravel bike brake pads which does long descents on dirt trails and there are no deep track lines on the pads. My 2x160mm rotors are 1.6mm thick and feel quite sturdy. For someone to toast their rotors and dig tracks into their brake pads suggest to me they weighed like 130kg and had zero clue how to feather and modulate front/rear braking! There's a reason they have bigger rotors for bigger riders!

Chiyou

« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2024, 10:07:20 AM »
I found a pair of post-mount RS785 calipers that will mount without an adapter nearby for cheap so that should work.

Ha! I went through almost the exact same process as you did (head scratching, careful measuring, thoughts of drilling) a few months ago and ended up with an RS785 caliper as well (for some reason, my bike has one post mount and one flat mount). So far, the caliper is working well (as in, I haven't died yet). For the record, I am using eR9 and used a BH59 barb.

Serge_K

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2024, 10:12:16 AM »
They work fine! I double checked my gravel bike brake pads which does long descents on dirt trails and there are no deep track lines on the pads. My 2x160mm rotors are 1.6mm thick and feel quite sturdy. For someone to toast their rotors and dig tracks into their brake pads suggest to me they weighed like 130kg and had zero clue how to feather and modulate front/rear braking! There's a reason they have bigger rotors for bigger riders!

A bad design is a bad design though. Glad it's working for you, but as a fat ass myself, i dont want half of my rotor surface to be air.

rockerplates.de

« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2024, 12:49:40 PM »
well, i think LTWOO tries not to hurt any shimano patents with this? i think paying for flatmount license would have been a good thing, i suppose shimano was not up to this..
We wil see, if ltwoo withstands a closer look of patent lawers

amacal1

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2024, 11:11:22 AM »
Used my eGR for the Cheaha Challenge in Alabama this weekend. 100mi with lots of shifting because it was 9300ft of climbing. Shifted 2,323 times and spent an embarrassing number of hours on the bike (first time doing a century AND first time doing anything even remotely close to that much climbing), but the battery dropped 27% (from 100% to 73%). I'm officially no longer worried about battery life of this setup. Now to throw some real gravel riding at it, since this was all road riding...

sOKRATEs100

« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2024, 11:31:27 AM »
Interesting (and unfortunate) news on the water resistance. Do we have any idea where the ingress is? I was planning on using dielectric grease in the ports to help ensure that isn't the ingress. But I wouldn't want to have to rip apart a new one to coat it with that or conformal coating.
Anyone has an idea about how to solve the potential water ingrease ourselfes?

Disassembeling the RD seems to be not that difficult:
- see from minute 8.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 12:19:00 PM by sOKRATEs100 »

Serge_K

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2024, 11:36:05 AM »
Anyone has an idea about how to solve the potential water ingrease ourselfes?

people have had success using liquid electrical tape around the RD cable plug. i bought a bottle myself but i don't have a thingy precise enough to squeeze out the stuff with any precision, so i'm not sure how to seal it efficiently. the stuff is sticky and dries super fast so it's not forgiving at all.

jonathanf2

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2024, 11:55:08 AM »
people have had success using liquid electrical tape around the RD cable plug. i bought a bottle myself but i don't have a thingy precise enough to squeeze out the stuff with any precision, so i'm not sure how to seal it efficiently. the stuff is sticky and dries super fast so it's not forgiving at all.

I used liberal amounts of rubber cement on the battery cables. It's a non-permanent adhesive seal that's easy to rub off. I then put dielectric grease on as a second protective layer. I haven't rode the bike in the rain, but it's been adequate against random water puddles and other wet areas. The only issue is that the dielectric grease attracts a bunch dust/debris. I'm thinking, maybe using rubber cement and then applying heat shrink plastic might be a cleaner solution.

sOKRATEs100

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2024, 12:20:41 PM »
Did you apply it from the outside or inside? In the video from Luke you can see it also from the inside and he was saying that the cable plug got "inpoxied" in. So you aim to have a additional layer of holding water outside that might get inside the housing via the cable plug?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 12:23:26 PM by sOKRATEs100 »

jonathanf2

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2024, 01:07:17 PM »
I only applied the rubber cement on the outside, but it dries and solidifies around the plug. After that I apply the dielectric grease as a secondary layer. I didn't like the idea of just using dielectric grease by itself since it's easy to take off. I figure the rubber cement should ward off most moisture, while the dielectric grease would be like frosting on a cake.

I got the idea because I had a leaky water sprinkler at my house and I sealed it with rubber cement. It actually did a very good job fixing the problem.

sOKRATEs100

« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2024, 02:44:46 PM »
Could you share photos of the relevant area of the RD and a link with the things you've applied?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 02:58:06 PM by sOKRATEs100 »

jonathanf2

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2024, 05:43:59 PM »
Could you share photos of the relevant area of the RD and a link with the things you've applied?

It's nothing fancy. I just used Elmer's rubber cement glue with a brush that I coated around the battery cable. Plus a $2 USD packet of dielectric grease from the auto store that I applied with a toothpick. It just looks like gunk around the cable, I'm not sure there's anything worth looking at.

rockerplates.de

« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2024, 02:58:22 AM »
Does anybody have a direct contact to ltwoo sales?
I am being ghosted by them(Salesperson Luke, i do not need his contact), because i want a solution regarding quality issues?
Any help appreciated...
If anybody is interested in er9, brand new..i am willing to sell them cheap, germany or europe preferred..

Serge_K

« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2024, 08:57:33 AM »
Does anybody have a direct contact to ltwoo sales?
I am being ghosted by them(Salesperson Luke, i do not need his contact), because i want a solution regarding quality issues?
Any help appreciated...
If anybody is interested in er9, brand new..i am willing to sell them cheap, germany or europe preferred..

Hi, i have a guy there via wechat. Idk where he works within ltwoo, it's a contact via a friend. He's been largely useless. For my warranty shenanigans, i've been going through the guy who sold me the groups, as per what ltwoo says on their website.
DM me if you have wechat, in which case i can probably share his contact.
My wechat skills are very limited.

jonathanf2

« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2024, 12:20:13 PM »
Has anyone considered building or has built a 1x road or light gravel bike (like 32c tires) using the eGR? It might be fun to build an lightweight climbing frame with the groupset.