Author Topic: Ryet Saddle (3D Printed and Traditional) Durability (Gravel, XC, CX)  (Read 1001 times)

RhubarbChrisP

Seems like there are mixed reviews regarding the durability of Ryet saddles. Wondering if maybe production has stabilized a bit (or possibly gotten worse). Has anyone been using them for Gravel, Cross Country MTB and/or Cyclocross? If so, how have they held up?

Happy to grab one or a few if they hold up as well as western brands like Specialized and Selle Italia but don't want something that's going to degrade quickly and need to be swapped out.

Are they approaching Elita One and Kalloy Uno status? Are there alternative saddles to look at? Or are western brands still the way to go for long term durability?

Serge_K

Re: Ryet Saddle (3D Printed and Traditional) Durability (Gravel, XC, CX)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2024, 10:59:09 AM »
i have a full carbon saddle with 3d printed top from Racework. The carbon shell cracked. I'm still riding it because i can't feel it when i'm riding but... it's cracked. Generally i dont recommend getting racework products. Road use only. Idk when and how it broke.
Not sure if ryet is the same model or not, but i m pretty sure many of these "brands" just slap their logos on things, and they probably come from an OEM or 2.
I like the saddle though so i'd probably buy the same design, from a different seller.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

jonathanf2

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2024, 11:53:19 AM »
i have a full carbon saddle with 3d printed top from Racework. The carbon shell cracked. I'm still riding it because i can't feel it when i'm riding but... it's cracked.

It looks like you crashed it. I have two of those same saddles with no issues. Used it for both road and gravel.

Though I swapped them out for the Goldix mesh saddle due to having smoother/round edges. Also I find it to be more comfortable with an improved cushion pattern. Only issue is that it has a rear "lip" on the back which could be prone to damage if you flip your bike over often. I presume it's to give it more saddle width. Though I haven't had any problems.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806738441499.html

kubackje

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2024, 05:15:50 PM »
I've tried few of those AliExpress without success and moved back to classic padded selle Italia. But recently got this spesh Romin clone from ryet and freaking love it

waltini

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2024, 09:01:57 PM »
I've tried few of those AliExpress without success and moved back to classic padded selle Italia. But recently got this spesh Romin clone from ryet and freaking love it

Have the same saddle, really recommend it. Cushioning is perfect and fairly light also. More expensive than the other popular Ryet Saddle (I bought both) however I'd say it's better.

pushpush

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2024, 11:08:17 PM »
I've been using one of the ryet carbon railed 3d mesh seats for a while. It works fine and doesn't bother me at all. 30 bucks vs 300 is hard to argue with.

nicklej

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2024, 06:58:26 AM »
i have a full carbon saddle with 3d printed top from Racework. The carbon shell cracked. I'm still riding it because i can't feel it when i'm riding but... it's cracked. Generally i dont recommend getting racework products. Road use only. Idk when and how it broke.
Not sure if ryet is the same model or not, but i m pretty sure many of these "brands" just slap their logos on things, and they probably come from an OEM or 2.
I like the saddle though so i'd probably buy the same design, from a different seller.

Pretty sure Ryet is the same design. I recently got one and found it very pleasant. Only ridden it for a few days so opinion is very fresh. Feels well built except the 3D part. Feels like that will peel off but time will tell. Reports of othe rusers here say they wore their bib shorts early due to a wide nose. I have not noticed additional wear yet but that wide nose is very comfortable as is the whole saddle. I was previously using a Tune Speedneedle for over 30,000kms and this was a step up in comfort even though the speedneedle fit me really well.

Rioken

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2024, 09:09:59 AM »
I have a ryet 3d printed saddle on my old bike and one of these www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806062873178.html with the standard EVA cushion and 135mm wide on my new bike. Haven't had an issue with either of them, but the saddle on my new bike is probably the most comfortable saddle I've had yet.

courdacier

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2024, 10:30:54 PM »

I have one of those and it didn't break or deform over the couple of weeks I was testing it out. not for me - the transition between soft inner part and the hard outer shell felt uncomfortable.

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2024, 08:58:02 AM »
I have used both the ryet full carbon saddle and the plastic base one.  All have held up very well, and have continued to buy them.   In one instance I ran it with an elita one seatpost that just used the turned metal rail clamp.  After it slipped a couple of times I over torqued it, and it worked fine for a year but I compromised the carbon rails (user error/less than ideal design).   The saddle eventually failed while bunny hopping and landing hard on the saddle.  For cx/mtb, I err on the steel rail version.

Rmgvtec

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2024, 04:32:02 AM »
I'm using a ryet 3d on an elita one post and has held up fine over 1500miles including a 100 mile day on rocky trails that should've been done on an mtb. Hated the saddle on the turbo trainer but has been great on the gravel bike.

repoman

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2024, 09:51:24 AM »
I bought one of these with the 3D printed padding. It's alright for the money, it's not particularly light however as  it's forged carbon, not layup. 
I'd look elsewhere if you are looking for a light saddle.

bichler.bua

Shared my experience here http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4131.msg62522.html#msg62522
Except for the struggle with the fit, no defects with both saddles. Mostly road use but recently allroad (road and light gravel on 32mm tires).
Even if the surface was not heavy, I am with 90kg...