Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 105456 times)

Bulatovic

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #645 on: September 12, 2024, 05:37:40 AM »
Hey all!

Thanks to the tips of the internet's favorite 5 year-old, mr Hambini and this thread i've pulled the trigger this summer on the LCR017 (super light frame option) in size M with 400/90 handlebar option. I've been searching for a 2nd bike to complement my Cervelo S5 and replace the alloy BMC Teammachine i have built up, this came up as a very cost effective and what i believe to be a super high quality option.
I've opted for pearl white colour (as i'm quite sick of everything being black and matte) despite its weight penalty, and had to test my low creative abilities to come up with a logo and the name. Then it got to me - one of the most favorite things is to try and beat PB on a local hill here in Leuven, Belgium - called Chartreuzenberg, so the font and logo of the strong French spirit was chosen.

I've only managed to have a super quick look and i really liked what i saw! The whole thing was 895$ shipped and with all import duties.
The communication with Cassie of ProX was super smooth, quick and professional! I believe it would top any of the known brands' customer service easily. The bike arrived roughly 40 days after payment and i got a couple of shots as it was being produced. Customer experience 10/10
With the package came an awesome bike computer mount with a gopro/light attachment below saving the need to spend another 50 euros on it.
Bottom bracket T47/DUB looks to be very good - came at a cost of 10$ - so, no brainer until i get a Hambini one. 2 derailleur hangers, headset, spacers, all is in. Splendid!
Paint and finish is really very good. It does have one small blemish on one of the letters, probably happened during packing (it was well mummified in foam and put in a very sturdy box), and the overall finish around the masked areas is not jawdropping amazing, but i've seen so much shit from brand-names that i can just be super happy with the comparatively super-cheap frameset (Reminder that even a Winspace SLC3.0 now costs over 2000$ without handlebars or seatpost..., and i truly doubt it's more than twice the bike).
Carbon layup looks to be very good, on the headset there is a bit of an uneven finish, but that's below the bearing cone area, so i don't expect any issues at all.

Assembly should start sometime next week, and really can't wait to give it a go!
It will be put together from the parts i have collected over a period of time:
- SRAM Red chainset and rotors
- Rival shifters, derailleurs and brake calipers
- Fizik Antares R1 carbon saddle
- Hunt 50 Aero wheels (currently with Cinturato Velo 28mm bulletproof tyres as winter weather commuter)
Hope it will fit around 7kg mark and prove to be a bargain of the century :D

Will keep you posted
Cheers
Luka
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 05:43:49 AM by Bulatovic »

« Reply #646 on: September 12, 2024, 07:59:07 AM »
Looks great, and I love personal referential branding!

rasch

« Reply #647 on: September 12, 2024, 10:26:24 AM »
Hehe
Looking good! Good luck with the assembly.

And get ready to be looked by people! When I am around here in BRU everyone is staring at mine, wondering which brand it is haha.

PLA

« Reply #648 on: September 12, 2024, 06:30:00 PM »
Hehe
Looking good! Good luck with the assembly.

And get ready to be looked by people! When I am around here in BRU everyone is staring at mine, wondering which brand it is haha.

They're wondering why it doesn't say cannondale
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

dinorello

« Reply #649 on: September 12, 2024, 08:17:08 PM »
They're wondering why it doesn't say cannondale

No one would ever mistake it for a cannondale with its big boxy bus like looking down tube

rasch

« Reply #650 on: September 13, 2024, 04:14:56 AM »
No one would ever mistake it for a cannondale with its big boxy bus like looking down tube

Ahaha you have a particular hate for this one don't you? Ahaha

In any case mine has my own brand too and very specific blue colour. Not even trying to fake it. I think overall it's a good frame and dealing with LC was clear and straightforward.

I'm now thinking of either a gravel or an electric mtb as soon as I sell another one I have. It's just a pitty that their frames look isn't just 'boring'. I like boring straightforward bikes like the carbonda

dinorello

« Reply #651 on: September 13, 2024, 12:00:26 PM »
I don't hate it that much, I own one

cucumber19

« Reply #652 on: September 16, 2024, 05:34:22 AM »
Hey all!
Thanks to the tips of the internet's favorite 5 year-old, mr Hambini and this thread i've pulled the trigger this summer on the LCR017 (super light frame option) in size M with 400/90 handlebar option. I've been searching for a 2nd bike to complement my Cervelo S5 and replace the alloy BMC Teammachine i have built up, this came up as a very cost effective and what i believe to be a super high quality option.

Bottom bracket T47/DUB looks to be very good - came at a cost of 10$ - so, no brainer until i get a Hambini one.

Before assembling, make sure you’ve got a dub BB and not a BB30 (will have the number 30 as part of the model, BB4730 IIRC, for dub it would be BB4729. Had a great experience with LC and my build but they did not seem to appreciate that very special distinction. Your red crank will fit the 30, the same way you can accidentally get gasoline into a diesel tank!

patliean1

« Reply #653 on: September 16, 2024, 08:17:03 AM »
If I’m understanding correctly, can you choose your bottom bracket standard from LC?
Or does the frame come with T47?

Bulatovic

« Reply #654 on: September 16, 2024, 09:23:59 AM »
Before assembling, make sure you’ve got a dub BB and not a BB30 (will have the number 30 as part of the model, BB4730 IIRC, for dub it would be BB4729. Had a great experience with LC and my build but they did not seem to appreciate that very special distinction. Your red crank will fit the 30, the same way you can accidentally get gasoline into a diesel tank!

Many thanks mr Cucumber! I didn’t check the micrometer, but on the cardboard box it came with was written 29, that led me to think that it should be the DUB spec, but will doublecheck indeed!

If I’m understanding correctly, can you choose your bottom bracket standard from LC?
Or does the frame come with T47?

Yup, it is a T47/68and you don’t get to choose it - but LC are offering cheap as chips BB when you buy the frame.

Btw Hambini’s video on the bike is on

https://youtu.be/c5nIgQ-UxDA?si=vZcJlEU6s1rBUoPq

patliean1

« Reply #655 on: September 16, 2024, 10:12:46 AM »
I don't hate it that much, I own one

This is the most subtle savage comment I've read in a while  ;D

tiagosantos_ss

« Reply #656 on: September 16, 2024, 06:31:35 PM »
Hello,

I purchased a LCR017 in June and received it a few months later, paid 712$, a bit less than you because I didn’t ask any customization. Did you request any "z tier" when ordering your frame?
Upon inspecting my frame, I discovered significant voids in the upper seat tube area. I reached out to my sales contact, Carol, regarding this issue but have not received a response yet (WhatsApp and email). I also used the contact form on the Lightcarbon website to inquire about my frame situation.
Just to clarify, I am not seeking for clicks on my YouTube channel, as someone suggested in response to one of my comments on Hambini's video about the same frame model. I simply want to share my experience with the Lightcarbon. Here's the video,
Eventually, I will do another one if Lightcarbon keeps quite about my case.
Thanks Tiago
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 06:46:49 PM by tiagosantos_ss »

PLA

« Reply #657 on: September 16, 2024, 06:54:14 PM »
Hello,

I purchased a LCR017 in June and received it a few months later, paid 712$, a bit less than you because I didn’t ask any customization. Did you request any "z tier" when ordering your frame?
Upon inspecting my frame, I discovered significant voids in the upper seat tube area. I reached out to my sales contact, Carol, regarding this issue but have not received a response yet (WhatsApp and email). I also used the contact form on the Lightcarbon website to inquire about my frame situation.
Just to clarify, I am not seeking for clicks on my YouTube channel, as someone suggested in response to one of my comments on Hambini's video about the same frame model. I simply want to share my experience with the Lightcarbon. Here's the video,
Eventually, I will do another one if Lightcarbon keeps quite about my case.
Thanks Tiago

well that's that's straight up garbage. please keep updating this thread with what happens regarding getting a replacement for that landfill.

it's a bit annoying that hambini obviously receives the ultimate quality frames produced especially for him for the purpose of review.

dinorello

« Reply #658 on: September 16, 2024, 06:56:40 PM »
Hopefully lightcarbon will address your issue asap as I wouldn't feel safe riding that.  Makes me wonder about my own frame as I never used an endoscope to check it internally.

Serge_K

« Reply #659 on: September 17, 2024, 01:09:04 AM »
+1 on calling that straight up garbage.
Email and Whatsapp them once per day ever day until you get a response, and let us know.
Not being an expert, I don't think I would feel safe riding this. There's so much material missing, the frame being very light, what if it just disintegrates from under you? And if they shipped you something so poorly made, there's no reason to believe the rest of the frame is great. Maybe the employee was drunk and fucked up, mistakes are made all the time, that's why you are supposed to have QC.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.