Author Topic: Chinese SC/AM831 Group Buy  (Read 61886 times)

Sitar_Ned

Chinese SC/AM831 Group Buy
« on: March 11, 2020, 12:20:16 AM »
This is all still in the early stages and the logistics may end up not working out but in an effort to keep the original thread on topic about the actual AM-831 frame we'll use this thread to keep track of who may be interested in a group buy. The vendor requested that we get a number for them to determine the price. 

Original thread: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,2840.0.html

This is in no way at all binding but if you are interested, please just reply with "yes" and what size you would want.

Yes. Size Large.

Count -

S:25
M: 35
L: 26
XL: 8
Size not specified: 5 (users: sync1, Beuti, emu26, killBot801, ericchile)

Last user counted: rkeran

Total Count: 102

Notes from seller:

All-mountain AM831 frame rear shock is 210*55mm. Fork travel and frame travel, both 150mm. The diameter of the seat post is 31.6mm.

For this FM-AM831 is the new mold that Haideli cooperated with Miracle.
And the selling price would be totally the same, we are good partner.
Also the frame can be painted the color you like, can be choosen in our charts, or offered the pantone code.

Now the sample size 17" would be finished in one week. then arranged the testing. finally being produced and selling.
So it would can be shipped for 17" on the ending of the April.
The other size we would be arranged once all the testing passed and according the group buying quantites.

For the sample price is USD699/set.
The bulk price is USD499/set, MOQ 30sets.
For different shipping address added the shipping fee.

We always chosen China Post EMS by air, but if you need the tax included, special way, XDB or WXY aslo would be okay.
The latest details for the frame of picture, weight, testing, we would show it ASAP.

*The sizes of these frames are offset from the originals. For example XL in the original frame would be L in this frame, and so on.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 08:33:53 PM by Sitar_Ned »

Dirt

Re: Chinese SC Group Buy
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 12:43:48 AM »
I am very interested in this frame and might buy one. 

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 12:53:00 AM »
@Dirt

Which size you would be need?

freeride1

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 12:56:54 AM »
Yes, I'm in of course!
Frame in size 17,5", painted in color n°11 gloss finish
Enduro, gravel, road rider from Italy

Dirt

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 01:32:05 AM »
@Dirt

Which size you would be need?

17.5 in custom paint if that option is available.

sync1

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 06:16:59 AM »
Yes.

Shipped from EU or tax free ship (xdb, etc).

GuitsBoy

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 06:29:08 AM »
In for a Large (~19") matte UD carbon if we can hit the 30 frame MOQ for $499.   Shipping to NY, USA.

I'm already waiting delivery of a different frame so its difficult to justify buying a second new frame, however the price is just too good to miss out on.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 05:49:50 AM by GuitsBoy »

Sowers711

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 08:37:09 AM »
Yes. Interested in a medium, depending on price and how this works.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 06:34:10 PM by Sowers711 »

Bampirizm

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 08:58:19 AM »
Yes
Interested in a size L(19).
But i live in belarus, and i hope that this does not affect my participation in a group purchase.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 09:14:29 AM »
Yes
Interested in a size L(19).
But i live in belarus, and i hope that this does not affect my participation in a group purchase.

Yeah, we don't really know how this would work. I guess it's up to Eddy to see how and if he can organize it and make it happen. I'll help where I can but ultimately, this is Eddy's baby.

I'd be willing to receive and reship frames stateside if it would help grease the wheels, and assuming people would want to trust me with that. At least they know they can find me here if I were to pull something shady. Not sure if that's all that reassuring to people or not.

Also, the offer for a month free advertising on the forum is still up grabs/negotiation if Eddy is interested and if it could be factored into the group price.

Lastly, I think we need to know if painting would be an option and confirmation that the warranty and support would still be in place if we were to use a stateside distributor such as myself or someone else.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 10:03:56 AM by Sitar_Ned »

freeride1

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 09:27:25 AM »
custom painting is available, told about this with Eddy. Tomorrow we should know our discounted price without shipping.
Enduro, gravel, road rider from Italy

GuitsBoy

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2020, 09:39:29 AM »
I'd be willing to receive and reship frames stateside if it would help grease the wheels, and assuming people would want to trust me with that. At least they know they can find me here if I were to pull something shady. Not sure if that's all that reassuring to people or not.

Thanks for all you've offered to do to try to get this to happen.  Its greatly appreciated.

I think we'll have to weigh the cost of drop shipping from china direct to the customer vs. bulk shipping to a US location, then UPS shipping state-side.  I know china post is still very heavily subsidized, and may be pretty aggressively priced.   Not sure where you're located, but I did a sample UPS calculation for a 48x24x12 box from NY to CA, and ground shipping was only $32 to ship cross country.  I figured it would be much more.  Maybe I didn't calculate it correctly.  Doesn't seem like a tough number to hit in terms of bulk savings.  The bigger issue will be how to handle duty tax.  Any shipment over $800 US will be subject to duty tax, and most likely a brokerage fee from whoever does the import clearing.  A quick google search shows that Chinese made bicycle parts are subject to a 25% tariff on top of the pre-existing 11% tax.  So now we need to cover 36% + $30 to make the bulk shipment make any sense.  Individual shipments, assuming the frame is under 800 USD, would be exempt from any import duty or tax (De Minimis Value: https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/de-minimis-value-increases-800)

But anyway, once we know the final number, maybe Eddy can give us separate quotes for drop shipped direct to customer, as well as bulk shipped to one location so we can compare the options?

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2020, 10:05:58 AM »

Thanks for all you've offered to do to try to get this to happen.  Its greatly appreciated.

But anyway, once we know the final number, maybe Eddy can give us separate quotes for drop shipped direct to customer, as well as bulk shipped to one location so we can compare the options?

No problem! And I'm in Houston.

And yes, this will take quite a bit of organizing by Eddy.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 10:35:06 AM by Sitar_Ned »

AV_RIDER

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2020, 12:42:20 PM »
Yes, interested

* Size Large (19")
* Color #5 (Orange)
* Located in Houston

scourge

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2020, 02:13:36 PM »
Yes. 19"