Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 38190 times)

Queen of Skulls

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2023, 03:42:02 PM »
Bacislly as a tall and stout lady.... (I was a competitive swimmer) I guess the size, ask for measurements, and pray my boobs havent got bigger. and that its long enough.

but I find cheep but fun patterns
Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

Gareth79

« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2023, 07:12:29 PM »
Sizing will vary between brands, and even between different styles of a brand.

Oh yes, well aware of that! Currently I stick to Castelli medium, which fits me well although a little short. Alé likewise.

I think large might be a bit loose on my legs though. The prices of the decent-rated stuff (£25) is not really low enough given that returns are impractical and selling them on will be a challenge!  A pair of top-end Castelli shorts are £80 in a sale.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 07:16:18 PM by Gareth79 »

numberzero

« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2023, 01:45:15 AM »
I ordered two sets of spexcel bib+jersey. According to the dimensions chart i went on S for 1,75m.

Bibs were tight and long, probably too tight if you have very big legs.
Jersey are too small so i never used them.

About bibs, they are heavier than well known brands and thus warmer. Around me it seems it's common for chinese clothes, they are not top quality, less ventilated, warmer especially for jerseys.

Spexcel bibs became a bit looser than when they were new and chamois is now irritating me.

So you have what you pay for, don't expect a miracle  ;)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 04:36:36 AM by numberzero »

jannmayer

« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2023, 01:56:52 AM »
Does anyone have any recommendations for lightweight long-sleeve jerseys? I'm looking for something for sun protection on warm days, and poison oak protection as well. I'm about 190 cm and a bit over 90 kg, so I need a fairly large size.

kbernstein

« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2023, 02:45:54 AM »
I ordered two sets of spexcel bib+jersey. According to the dimensions chart i went on S for 1,75m.

I wouldn't say  so. I didn't like my spexcel bibs at all, but after giving another even cheaper brand a try (darevie) I'm sold. They are easily better than my castelli set. There are bargains, but sometimes a brand won't fit you and that's okay.
I'm also surprised you went for S at 1m75, even in western brands you're probably a M

numberzero

« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2023, 04:53:41 AM »
I wouldn't say  so. I didn't like my spexcel bibs at all, but after giving another even cheaper brand a try (darevie) I'm sold. They are easily better than my castelli set. There are bargains, but sometimes a brand won't fit you and that's okay.
I'm also surprised you went for S at 1m75, even in western brands you're probably a M
Yes i'm using M with western size but according to the dimensions compared to what i used, the S size for spexcel bib was the correct one. They were pretty long like what you can see now with pros.
this set ->https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32806414878.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.68.523b5e5bpQ0l4I&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra

I'm also using two Racmmer jerseys in S.
M would be a bit too long for me and not fit enough.

They are pretty decent but not enough ventilated so a bit hot for a summer jersey if you are sensible of warmth.
The multicolored one has pretty much longest sleeves.

At a discounted price it's a good deal ^^

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32267831169.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.63.523b5e5bpQ0l4I&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32267831169.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.63.523b5e5bpQ0l4I&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 04:55:15 AM by numberzero »

Gareth79

« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2023, 08:15:50 AM »

I was thinking about Darevie too, they certainly look like a more modern pattern/fit. The slogan on the jersey is just cringe though! Somebody here said it was printed on, but they were not able to remove it?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2023, 08:33:19 AM »
I was thinking about Darevie too, they certainly look like a more modern pattern/fit. The slogan on the jersey is just cringe though! Somebody here said it was printed on, but they were not able to remove it?

Yeah, that would have been me  :)
I took the gamble and hoped I would be able to remove it, but that was not possible. These slogans just scream "cheap" so I will probably only wear the shirt inside or on rides alone...

kbernstein

« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2023, 09:22:15 AM »
I found it very cheesy at first but you forget pretty fast it's there. It is subtle enough so I don't really mind it, and if somebody has enough time to read it they are unlikely to know what it means anyway. But I'm sure you could scrape it off if you can't get past it.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2023, 09:30:13 AM »
I found it very cheesy at first but you forget pretty fast it's there. It is subtle enough so I don't really mind it, and if somebody has enough time to read it they are unlikely to know what it means anyway. But I'm sure you could scrape it off if you can't get past it.

No you can't  :) i tried heating and sticker remover. I think it is sort of fused with the fabric by heating.

I once tried the same with some bibs and the logo came off with a hairdryer and I removed the residue with sticker remover. Invisible now.

Gareth79

« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2023, 10:01:14 AM »
No you can't  :) i tried heating and sticker remover. I think it is sort of fused with the fabric by heating.

I once tried the same with some bibs and the logo came off with a hairdryer and I removed the residue with sticker remover. Invisible now.

Reminds me of these "replica" PNS shorts, one of the reviews has pictures of the lettering falling off:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001238960695.html
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 10:14:32 AM by Gareth79 »

Pedaldancer

« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2023, 12:45:46 PM »

I must admit that I changed from my Castelli to Darevie on a3 day trip. My Castelli is okay up to 80-90km , but if I scratch the 100km I start to hate the big chamois. It's just to thick.
The Darevie...4,5h power trainer,  all fine .. just my legs were broken  ;D
But that's very personal. If you like the chamois and the bibs have a decent cut for your body... then it's your brand.

carbonazza

« Reply #177 on: August 09, 2023, 01:58:17 AM »
...About bibs, they are heavier than well known brands and thus warmer...

I had this hot plastic bag impression with a spexcel bib I tried.

Not these Darevie: https://a.aliexpress.com/_ExJuwDh
I did rides in very hot weather and they are just fine.
And at $36, I can't find anything better.

Anecdotally I moved out from black bibs and don't look back 
You just to have to be more careful at your nature breaks 8)

Gareth79

« Reply #178 on: August 09, 2023, 07:55:37 AM »
I've ordered Darevie shorts and jersey in M, let's see!

edit: Those exact ones from the link above. If you want blue, grey or black (I wanted green) then this link is cheaper, it's a "Choice" item stocked at AliExpress warehouses: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005057467316.html
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 07:57:53 AM by Gareth79 »

Gareth79

« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2023, 05:47:25 PM »
Ok, so received the Darevie jersey, shorts are still en-route.

First impression is that it's remarkable value for money. The fabrics feel good quality, the zip is good, it has a zipper guard at the neck (like my Alé jerseys), the waist band while pretty thick actually works very well, the stitching is great, the pocket stitching even has reinforcement inside!

Sizing is interesting - I bought medium and it's slightly larger than my Castelli Aero Race 6.0 jersey in medium which fits tight, and a similar fit to my Alé PRR jerseys, also medium which are close-fitting but not tight. I could probably fit into a small, but it might end up too short. I'm 183cm/6'0.

Interestingly it feels a little too long at the front (the zipper doesn't lay flat), but it's measures up shorter than the Castelli jersey, odd!

I made some measurements of them, laid flat, in cm, all medium:

Castelli Aero Race 6.0 - Darevie - Alé PRR
Zip length: 49 - 47.5 - 49
Sleeve width at end: 9 - 10 -11.5
Sleeve length collar to end of sleeve: 37 - 38 - 39
Across body under just under sleeves: 39 - 42 - 42
Waist just above hem: 36 - 34 - 38

« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 05:55:32 PM by Gareth79 »