Author Topic: Recommendations for a carbon saddle?  (Read 17062 times)

1Sigma

Re: Recommendations for a carbon saddle?
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2022, 08:39:55 AM »
Did you manage to get a new one from the seller?

I’ve seen forum users have success getting a replacement.
I did not - AliExpress lesson learned on not buying from a third party vendor instead of an official storefront
Better than average - Extra Average

darc16

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2022, 09:53:09 PM »
Just purchased this one. Hopefully it does not crack immediately.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2251832565564924.html

carbonazza

« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2022, 11:49:50 PM »
Update on my EC90 saddle. 3rd ride, hit a pot hole at 50 km/h and the saddle cracked.

Wow! You must have some sharp seat bones ;)
And how are your wheels?

Jwzard

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2022, 02:28:01 AM »
Wow! You must have some sharp seat bones ;)
And how are your wheels?

I'll admit it was quite a hard hit. I'm happy to report that my Drive 50D survived and are well and true  :D

Btw, here is the answer from the seller on ali
"I'm sorry, my friend, your purchase time is too long and has exceeded the protection period."
It ordered it on the 21 June....

hazzer19

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2022, 08:33:40 AM »
Update on my EC90 saddle. 3rd ride, hit a pot hole at 50 km/h and the saddle cracked.

My first EC90 also cracked in the same area. Was able to get a replacement from BALUGOE Bicycle Store after a lot of poking and going through AliX's vendor is not responding process https://www.aliexpress.com/store/2805087?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef1802ZFOp3A Replacement saddle has been holding up, although I feel like I'm starting to see what could be the beginning of another crack in the same area again....

mwh0169

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2022, 03:58:39 PM »
Was somewhat skeptical at first but the carbon saddle from VB that I bought with the bike is the most comfortable I owned so far. Even compared too much more expensive saddles I bought in the past. Weight is just under 140 grams. Hope it will stay safe  :D

s3si1u

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2022, 11:02:36 PM »
Was somewhat skeptical at first but the carbon saddle from VB that I bought with the bike is the most comfortable I owned so far. Even compared too much more expensive saddles I bought in the past. Weight is just under 140 grams. Hope it will stay safe  :D

+1 for this being the most comfortable saddle. I had it and digges it as well. I really do think the build quality left to be a bit desired on mine and when I broke I opted for their other model that looks like a Selle SMP. Very good for mr as well
Instagram: @aerosloth

adroitrider

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2022, 05:53:58 PM »
Just ordered two Gub 1166:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/2251832703854541.html?spm=a2g0n.order_detail.0.0.c7bff19c3ffyG5

Anyone else have success with this saddle?

Greenred

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2022, 03:14:44 PM »

The same just happened to me at even lower speed. I weight 71kg so it’s really sensitive.
While I’m sure I will get my cash back via the dispute function, no one is going to compensate me for the holes in my new bibs  >:( >:( . I guess that’s the risk with these products, really annoying with the bibs.

hazzer19

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2022, 06:17:41 PM »
And just like that my replacement saddle has cracked in the same spot as the original one. Asking if I can get a replacement from a different batch, not sure if this will make a difference or not.

1Sigma

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2022, 06:51:33 PM »
And just like that my replacement saddle has cracked in the same spot as the original one. Asking if I can get a replacement from a different batch, not sure if this will make a difference or not.

I’m convinced it is a flaw in the design.
It feels like a case of: lightweight, cheap, durable.  Pick two
Better than average - Extra Average

carbonazza

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2022, 04:17:24 PM »
I’m convinced it is a flaw in the design.
It feels like a case of: lightweight, cheap, durable.  Pick two
Or maybe the usual: happy ones do not complain.
I have them for years, multiple thousands km.
Broke the rails of one when learning nose pivot turns.
And another by hitting it with a sharp edge.
But it never failed like the two here.

Greenred

« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2022, 02:58:39 PM »
So after the above discussed ultralight saddle broke down, I got my money back and did what you shouldn’t do: buy an even lighter saddle:

CHF 18.85  30% Off | Super-light Full Carbon Mountain Bicycle Saddle Road Bike saddle MTB Carbon Saddles Seat Racing cushion Matt 76g+/-5g
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPIsI84

Basically it’s 75g with perforations. You can get it without decal when asking for it via chat, which is what I got. I only got a few km on it. Let’s see when I hit the first pot hole.. or maybe before? Let’s gamble :P

carbonazza

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2022, 04:58:27 PM »
... I only got a few km on it. Let’s see when I hit the first pot hole.. or maybe before? Let’s gamble :P

It looks like the EC90 one with another cut out and sone holes.
You gave the saddle weight, but to gamble on it we need your weight too  ;D

hazzer19

« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2022, 11:26:55 AM »
[quote author=Greenred link=topic=3250.msg39221#msg39221 date=1663099119
Basically it’s 75g with perforations.

wow! Looking forward to hearing your feedback and wether the back cut out becomes uncomfortable somehow.