Author Topic: Speeder SC-R52D  (Read 15069 times)

agomezda

Re: Speeder SC-R52D
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2023, 03:59:11 AM »
Hi all,

I do not think the BB it is too bad, it is only not thoroughly taped, and the paint seems too thick, which is good if you do not care about extra 50gr.

I added some more pics without macro, otherwise it looks like the end of the world ;). I also marked the internal guide in the rear for the brake hose. The same hose is available in the fork. Nice feature as commented before.

Also for reference the seatpost clamp will not accept a saddle with carbon rails since these are too wide and I bought this:
"Ritchey Ritchey WCS Carbon Retrofit Kit 7x9.6mm for Seat Posts" for 13€ and extra 10gr. I will install it once it arrives.

It is frustrating that the wheels from Light Bicycle are delayed and cannot complete the build.

Regarding FCT / Speeder. I have no clue if it is a manufacturer or not, I thought manufacturer when I ordered, but for sure it was strange how they told me in erlay Dec that my frame will be ready in Jan 6th and the day after it was shipped, as if they got a batch from the factory all of a sudden.

NLD

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2023, 04:38:43 PM »
After a bit of fiddling with the saddle I also figured out I have to order the Retrofit Kit 7x9.6mm for Seat Posts... Haha
For now I have my old saddle with steel rails on.

Bike is almost done!

mwh0169

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2023, 01:01:29 AM »
After a bit of fiddling with the saddle I also figured out I have to order the Retrofit Kit 7x9.6mm for Seat Posts... Haha

Bike is almost done!

This is coming together nicely. I'm curious about the end result and how it rides.

agomezda

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2023, 06:53:05 AM »
That is a beauty ;)
How was the bb instalation? I am waiting for my Loctite 595 to arrive before proceeding to avoid creaking.

agomezda

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2023, 09:48:00 AM »
I was playing a bit with the top cap and this aluminium top cap from Aliexpress looks neater than the provided one IMO (and save 11gr.), just in case it is interesting for someone.

One question for NLD or other members with integrated cabing:
I have no experience with the FSA nr55r headset. Is normal this space between last spacer and frame as in the first pic? It looks like half a mm too much. I think I mounted it right, will check later more in detail.

Tines

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2023, 10:55:18 AM »
That is a beauty ;)
How was the bb instalation? I am waiting for my Loctite 595 to arrive before proceeding to avoid creaking.
Why do you use 595?
I want to try the BB installation without any retaining compound to see if its fine without (just being optimistic about tolerances I guess).

I also looked at the Park Tool retaining compound and apparently you have to use it with a primer because otherwise you'd end up with permanent adhesion (at least when working with carbon).
As I have not done anything like that before I can't be sure to use the primer correctly, fail somehow and end up with a stuck BB, so I want to avoid going that route.

patliean1

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2023, 11:07:17 AM »
I've been using cheap Park Tool PPL-1 POLYLUBE 1000 Grease for all my bottom bracket installs. No creaking what so ever.

Should also mention I use a quality BB tool and always always always a quality bottom bracket. (Wheels MFG or Kogel Bearings).

NLD

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2023, 12:21:52 PM »
I was playing a bit with the top cap and this aluminium top cap from Aliexpress looks neater than the provided one IMO (and save 11gr.), just in case it is interesting for someone.

One question for NLD or other members with integrated cabing:
I have no experience with the FSA nr55r headset. Is normal this space between last spacer and frame as in the first pic? It looks like half a mm too much. I think I mounted it right, will check later more in detail.

BB is not yet installed, plan to do that tomorrow!
Will try to mount it (Shimano pressfit BB)  dry.

Oeh, that topcap looks much better! Nice and flush!
I'll also order one :)

On the headset, I don't have other experiences.
But for sure needs to be not touching the frame, otherwise it will rub into the frame.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 02:32:19 PM by NLD »

NLD

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2023, 06:12:48 AM »
BB went in good! 1st try went in straight!
I have Shimano BB71 and pushed it in dry.
Hopefully will stay creak free

Edit: Done!
Now just have to wait on good weather for the first test ride  ;D
(And need to borrow a scale to weigh it...)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 10:53:34 AM by NLD »

agomezda

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2023, 03:45:40 AM »
Why do you use 595?
I want to try the BB installation without any retaining compound to see if its fine without (just being optimistic about tolerances I guess).
I have a Praxis M30 BB86 and it recommends Loctite 595 for carbon shell. So I will try it like that…
I did in the past without retaining compound and no issues since I am a light rider, not putting lots of power in the BB.

radfactor

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2023, 09:10:55 PM »
At a glance, SC52D frame almost look alike slimmer version of Wilier Filante SLR ;D

Bike is almost done!

radfactor

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2023, 09:24:48 PM »
What is the total weight for this build?

BB went in good! 1st try went in straight!
I have Shimano BB71 and pushed it in dry.
Hopefully will stay creak free

Edit: Done!
Now just have to wait on good weather for the first test ride  ;D
(And need to borrow a scale to weigh it...)

agomezda

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2023, 02:43:53 AM »
Mine is almost ready.
BB pressing went suprisingly good. Internal cabling etc, no issues at all, quick job.
Overall weight 7Kg with accesories and without pedals. I will weight it in detail later once it is completely finshed.
A buddy will come over to help me with the bike fitting and then I will cut more steerer and unneded seat post.

The Sram AXS fine tunning needs to be done, and bleeding. Milk in the tires... so still some job to be done.

I agree it looks like the Filiante, even the saddle post and holding mechanism, the rubber cover too. Might be a little slimmer down tube and thicker fork in the Speeder.

Gosy

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2023, 04:57:25 AM »
Hi all,

after some time reading only, I decided to build my first disc bike.
I purchased a Speeder SC-R52D frame.
It is the same frame as the Adris Bikes Performance and I saw it in some Forum comments sold by Speeder that sells to direct customer and also saw it by Adapt bikes as AT-B01 (here with 30mm clearance vs the 28mm anounced by Speeder). Good alrounder semi-aero and reasonably light frame.
It should be sent to Germany by early January, so now I have some time to start searching for parts.
I though it might be interesting for the Forum as I have been profiting from your insight for a while and I hope I can contribute soon.

My objective is to get arroung 7,2Kg ride-ready which is 500gr away from my current bike due to switching to disc breaks and with a budget around 4500€, so I think it won´t be so easy.

Sram AXS Red 2x12 with a Praxis Zayante crank and SRAM Force Cassette. A light 100Gr saddle and 303 Firecrest / Elite Drive / Hunt carbon spokes wheels should do the trick with the right tires 25mm front 28 rear.

The Wheels are actually the biggest headache. ZIPP 303 FC with llifetime warranty or Elite Drive crazy wieght and price? Hunt Black-Friday prices?

Will keep you posted if there is interest.

Cheers!ö

Hi the adapt at bt01 Looks different on the fork and seat clamp. Anybody knows the Frame ?

agomezda

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2023, 08:40:16 AM »
Did not read anything yet about Adapt bikes. The fork looks different, more narrow, more like the Filante. The seatpost clamp seems same to me, the frame I cannot tell any difference by the pictures.