Author Topic: Speeder SC-R52D  (Read 15102 times)

radfactor

Re: Speeder SC-R52D
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2023, 07:45:53 PM »
Manage to contact Alynn from Adapt bike. She informs that this model is not available to buy directly from them. Apparently, it's the same as Nich Legend 4.
Hi the adapt at bt01 Looks different on the fork and seat clamp. Anybody knows the Frame ?

agomezda

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2023, 08:51:55 AM »
The page from Adapt seems the same source code as Speeder, I assume one is B2C and the other one B2B, but behind it could be the same people. Also the frame from https://www.nichcycling.com/pages/legend4 made by Adapt is to my eyes the same as my SC-R52D. White looks very nice, seems more beefy, more aero.

Yunglord

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2023, 09:02:58 AM »
The Nich and R52D are not the same frames there's a difference on the top tube near the headtube and also at the junction of the top tube / seatpost.

agomezda

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2023, 05:58:23 PM »
Agree yes, looked at it more in detail. Also junction downtube with headtube.

NLD

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2023, 02:51:36 PM »
Today finally made my first test ride!
Bit of a shame it was wet roads, so immediately made the new bike dirty :-\

As for how it rides. I can't judge that well to be honest.
It was only a 40km ride with wet roads windy and my fitness was a bit more crap then it used to be in my last ride 4 months ago.
Also, I don't have much for reference, mainly previous bike, aluminium Canyon endurance disc.

But first impression was good!
Things I think I noticed (although might be deu to being excited on Riding the new bike ;D )

Felt like a bit better acceleration.
Frame did feel more comfortable then my alu bike.
Stiffness while sprinting and pushing on the pedals felt solid, not flexy.
Stiffness of handlebar felt not more flex when standig still. So tested it with some sprints, but felt good and not noodlely on de road.

Other then that couldn't really tell anything else. I felt more aero, but that's probably just because it looks more aero  :D

agomezda

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2023, 03:25:23 PM »
Similar here, we might live close by. A couple of rides outdoors and many on the turbo trainer. Weather has been extra cold and if not super cold, miserable.
One ride was on -4degrees, icy and not so fun, today windy and rainy but could enjoy the ride.
Regarding the frame, all good for the building, no issues with brakes alignment or bb.
My only complaints:
- I was expecting 100gr less on the frame weight. Still the whole bike is 7,150gr with pedals.
- Regarding internal cabling easy to do, but I find a bit anoying how easy the bike turns the handlebar to left or right while pushing it while walking or raising it. Not having cables makes it too easy to spin the handlebar. Riding it is perfect.
Pleasant bike. i am happy. No flex etc detected, bike feels normal stiff, but I am running tubeless tires at lower pressures so I assume this filters a bit all the road feeling as to point any difference with my previous bike (I am coming from a rim break Scott addict) Aero claims I cannot do, just by the looks, it has to be more efficient.
I did a few pics today.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 04:42:52 PM by agomezda »

Yunglord

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2023, 04:19:47 PM »
Nice bike @agozmeda!

7.1 KG with pedals and bottle cages? that's great!

Can you share a full parts list? Thank you!

patliean1

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2023, 05:49:59 PM »
Oh dang that bike looks good, @NLD.

I honestly couldn't decide between the SC-R52D or SC-R48D if I had to choose. But probably this one LoL.

Currently I have the ICAN A40, Elves Falath Evo, and now this on my radar for summer. Thanks haha

agomezda

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2023, 02:00:39 AM »
Attached the list of compenents and prices (most things bought during Black Friday). Final weight 7,15Kg with all pieces, not far from estimations.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 02:03:47 AM by agomezda »

NLD

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2023, 06:37:54 AM »
7,15kg nice! I tried to measure with cheap luggage analog scale, but was between 7.5kg /7.9kg... so not that accurate scale ::)
Will try to borrow a good digital scale soon.  But probably closer to 7.9 I guess.. (incl cages and pedals ofcourse  :))

I took some quick pictures in the sun! Tried to get the effect of the carbon... The carbon + sun really nice effect! 8)

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2023, 07:33:24 AM »
7,15kg nice! I tried to measure with cheap luggage analog scale, but was between 7.5kg /7.9kg... so not that accurate scale ::)
Will try to borrow a good digital scale soon.  But probably closer to 7.9 I guess.. (incl cages and pedals ofcourse  :))

I took some quick pictures in the sun! Tried to get the effect of the carbon... The carbon + sun really nice effect! 8)

Very nice ! How does it ride ? stiff ?

agomezda

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2023, 08:26:33 AM »
Veeery nice how the carbon looks under the sun  8)

Aress

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2023, 01:04:37 PM »
which email did you use to contact them ?
can't seem to get a response

thanks

bonato

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2023, 03:14:31 PM »
which email did you use to contact them ?
can't seem to get a response

thanks
I just used the contact us button on their website and got a response from Justin within 24 hours. Email was from justin@speedercycling.com

radfactor

« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2023, 12:34:30 AM »
Did anyone manage to contact Justin? Apparently, he doesn't reply to my WeChat anymore.