Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 155953 times)

Serge_K

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #945 on: July 13, 2024, 03:23:59 PM »
I have an outstanding claim for 3 er9 RDs. It's been back and forth for months at this point. They're making life impossible, ghosting, then moving the goal post, I've basically given up, I'm preserving my sanity that's worth more than a few hundred bucks.
It's impressive how shitty they are.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

rockerplates.de

« Reply #946 on: July 15, 2024, 01:27:14 AM »
Sometimes I wish I could browse the Chinese web and check what they are saying about LTWOO and the ER9/ERX group set. The sample size probably is much bigger there and we would get a more reliable overview ...
well, if panda podium states, that his sales are very very low...the brand seems to have screwed up even in china.
once again, the domestic market explodes and their low budget groupsets work and sell pretty good.
The basically do not care about er9 or electronic group problems and feedback....
But i have seen many chinese companies visiting fairs, looking for the people who do not know about current situations and start doing business with them , seeing an opportunity.
currently, i have not even seen a ce certificate, which makes the products illegal to sell and import...
any distributor or seller would have to invest in this themselves.

raisinberry777

« Reply #947 on: July 15, 2024, 07:41:35 AM »
While it's a shame you've had to go through this, at least it has reassured me to stay far away from them for now when you see this is how they treat a wholesaler who should (in theory) be helping to grow the brand in Europe.

toxin

« Reply #948 on: July 15, 2024, 07:56:25 AM »
I don't think panda podium sells much in china in general. Ltwoo are a huge OEM provider for complete bikes in china though

rockerplates.de

« Reply #949 on: July 15, 2024, 08:52:26 AM »
I don't think panda podium sells much in china in general. Ltwoo are a huge OEM provider for complete bikes in china though

Well, i am sure he does...this is a huge market which currently explodes...
which is good, because lots of factories are loosing big chunks of business with overseas..

amacal1

« Reply #950 on: July 15, 2024, 08:57:17 AM »
It's getting hard to just hand wave away all of these stories. This is a damn shame, because I am enjoying the heck out of my eGR and was considering an eR9 for a road build. I guess I'll just wait to see how the market evolves with Magene, Sensah, and Wheeltop in the fray now.

Avalius

« Reply #951 on: July 15, 2024, 09:50:25 AM »
Today still got one of the bikes running with my ER9 set and it's still faultless. Not going to say this too loud.. Sold my EGR because of the fear of issues.
If they want they could have a huge portion of the market at the lower price.
"You can't be sad while riding a bicycle."

amacal1

« Reply #952 on: July 15, 2024, 10:13:13 AM »
Today still got one of the bikes running with my ER9 set and it's still faultless. Not going to say this too loud.. Sold my EGR because of the fear of issues.
If they want they could have a huge portion of the market at the lower price.

eGR thread has been dead silent compared to this eR9/eRX thread. Similar lack of info all around the web on the eGR. Only thing that makes sense to me is that it's more of a niche product and they're selling fewer of them, fewer people are talking about them, etc. Also, there have been no firmware updates at all. Maybe they're selling a ton of them and there are just no issues to report and no issues to correct? I don't know, but I am enjoying the heck out of mine and I hope it continues.

Phaxe

« Reply #953 on: July 15, 2024, 11:13:54 PM »
eGR thread has been dead silent compared to this eR9/eRX thread. Similar lack of info all around the web on the eGR. Only thing that makes sense to me is that it's more of a niche product and they're selling fewer of them, fewer people are talking about them, etc. Also, there have been no firmware updates at all. Maybe they're selling a ton of them and there are just no issues to report and no issues to correct? I don't know, but I am enjoying the heck out of mine and I hope it continues.

It's the silence that is stopping me from going to eGR route. Nothing on youtube for months, barely a mention here or reddit. It's either not popular, or people have installed it and it's working fine?

rockerplates.de

« Reply #954 on: July 16, 2024, 12:28:06 AM »
It's the silence that is stopping me from going to eGR route. Nothing on youtube for months, barely a mention here or reddit. It's either not popular, or people have installed it and it's working fine?
Well, they do not want to spoil problems currently...just imagine having youtubers testing the product honestly and note all the bad behaviours service wise in their videos, while Ltwoo is on the biggest bike exhibition world wide in Frankfurt.
Does not make sense..
Few people know ltwoo, so all the people who have visited the booth check the brand online and they can argue: well, thats old problems.
As the final two days on the fair were public days, many endusers got to know the brand, will look up the product and find it on aliexpress (we have delisted electronic sets from them currently) and buy...we will see how that goes in a month or so.
once again, of course we have had faulty products from other suppliers but the big brands take responsability for their products and try to help...

Hendie

« Reply #955 on: July 16, 2024, 04:19:12 AM »
Has anyone had trouble with the brakes.

I have had troubles with brake failure but it could be my mechanical skills.

Serge_K

« Reply #956 on: July 16, 2024, 09:19:56 AM »

probably your skills. i dont think i m aware of anyone who's had issues with the ltwoo brakes (let's give credit where it is due :)
I changed the pads to ceramic ones on AliX, and braking feels (even) better than stock pads. I dont think it's in my head, i feel i have (even) more stopping power.
Havent done anything scientific to quantify that though. but my front pads were halfway dead and 2 new pairs were like 9 eur. they bedded in almost instanlty, and havent squealed until now. The jury will stay out on longevity for some time.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

amacal1

« Reply #957 on: July 16, 2024, 09:26:26 AM »
probably your skills. i dont think i m aware of anyone who's had issues with the ltwoo brakes (let's give credit where it is due :)

Just yesterday evening I was riding and twice needed to stop short to save my life, and the brakes worked phenomenally. I've never had 2 close calls on one short ride before, I was a little rattled after the second one and I locked up both brakes on asphalt briefly. First one was a lesson in physics that I sorted out in my head for the next 10 minutes. Second one was just a bad driver.

rockerplates.de

« Reply #958 on: July 16, 2024, 11:43:29 AM »

nope, no problems with the brakes..
but we also do mount many shimano brake setups as the flatmount adaptors may work but are not popular optically on the bikes we sell...
we did not have any problems with the brakes on the sets we sold (12 month in the market)

hsaus

« Reply #959 on: July 17, 2024, 10:12:18 PM »
Tip: Use thicker rotors for reduced brake lever reach

I initially set up my L-Twoo eR9 groupset with Shimano SM-RT70 160mm center lock brake disc rotors front and rear. Braking power and feel was great, but I had to push the levers away from the bars by winding in the 2mm screw at the front of the levers (https://youtu.be/watch?v=53qM8N8_hXQ&t=11s), otherwise the levers would touch the bars when braking hard.

Winding in the screw reduces brake travel by preloading the hydraulic piston, positioning the brake pads closer to the rotor. However, winding in the screw also pushes the brake levers further from the handlebars. The result was that the lever reach was a little longer than what I was comfortable with.

I looked for some thicker rotors to remedy the problem, and I eventually purchased these Enlee 160mm rotors: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006060575685.html

They're very similar in design to SRAM CenterLine XR (CLX-R) rotors (https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/rt-clx-r-a1), but with different shaped cutouts on the braking surface. I've also seen the rotors sold on AliExpress under the brands Mana, Meroca, and ZRace. They come with external spline lock rings that I'm not a fan of, but internal spline lock rings should also work fine.

The Enlee rotors are not for weight weenies, and they're a little heavier than advertised, my scales show 140g without the lock ring, and 147g with the lock ring. Thickness is difficult to measure as I don't have a micrometer, but my digital vernier calipers suggest that they're somewhere around 1.85-1.9mm thick.

With the Enlee rotors installed, I could position the brake levers closer to the handlebars by winding out the free stroke adjustment screw - success!

After bedding in, braking power feels the same as with the Shimano rotors, using the stock L-Twoo brake pads. The Enlee rotors are ever so slightly noisier - no screeching noise at all, but a sort of sandpaper-like sound. I don't live in the mountains, but I took them down a local descent on the weekend (Akuna Bay clockwise for Sydney-siders), and I didn't experience any brake rub after I got to the bottom.

A bonus is that these rotors look better than the Shimano SM-RT70 (105 level) rotors IMO. 8)