Author Topic: Yishunbike G095D (Speed Gravel)  (Read 12143 times)

wousera

Re: Yishunbike G095D (Speed Gravel)
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2023, 04:14:27 AM »
It is same frame as this. But black UD Glossy No logos.

I'm pretty sure that is the Yishun CX095D. The visual difference between the CX095D and G095D is that they have different forks and the G095D has threaded inserts at the rear triangle for mounting a rack. there are some other differences (like supposedly tire clearance) but they are not visually distinguishable. 

bournon

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2023, 04:30:35 AM »
You are right. Anyway 50mm tyres is No problems. This is 45 and margin is big.

RDY

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2023, 06:13:07 AM »
You are right. Anyway 50mm tyres is No problems. This is 45 and margin is big.

What rim and what tire though?

bournon

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2023, 08:44:40 AM »
Stans + Riddler the margin is 1cm + on front fork even more.

maza

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2023, 03:27:51 AM »
This frame has disappeared from the Yishun website recently. Anyone know why?

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2023, 12:14:23 PM »
I'd paid a deposit on one (they were out of stock in size 58, but had more coming- ETA was about now/late November).

I'll ask them why it's disappeared from the site.

ENEP

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2023, 03:16:10 AM »
I'd paid a deposit on one (they were out of stock in size 58, but had more coming- ETA was about now/late November).

I'll ask them why it's disappeared from the site.

I also bought a G095D and visited their site to check the technical specification before ordering parts. Noticed it was removed from their site.
Did you get an answer from Yishun? Curious if it's discontinued.. The CX095 is also removed.

bournon

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2023, 02:49:26 PM »
Maybe some company bought the rights for it? It seems to happend for some frames.
The frame did look great, but didnt fit me...

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2023, 12:58:19 PM »
I also bought a G095D and visited their site to check the technical specification before ordering parts. Noticed it was removed from their site.
Did you get an answer from Yishun? Curious if it's discontinued.. The CX095 is also removed.

Sorry forgot to post an update - they replied straight away. No impact on any orders that are already in, but they said that they've "changed our sales strategy for the G095 frame and only sold it to wholesale customers, so it has been removed from our website."

So it does sound like someone wants the rights exclusively, or they already had the rights and now want to ensure it's only them using the frames.

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2023, 04:56:24 PM »
Also was having a browse of the guerciotti escape page to see if anything had changed there and noticed they now quote rear clearance for the 'g' model as 47mm (used to be 42mm): "Rear chassis: In the two versions G and S the wagon has some modifications to accommodate tires of different widths. Up to 47 mm for the G version and 38 mm for the S version, the more racing version of the two."

Which sounds like it's more in line with the frame measured in the previous posts...

planet_sammy

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2024, 01:58:19 AM »
It's sad that Yishun has changed strategy with their Speed ​​Gravel frame, but maybe the R1018-D endurance bike is an alternative?

It comes with 700x32C...does anyone know a supplier who already sells this frame like Guerciotti?

Hmpf

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2024, 12:24:23 AM »
HMPF - How´s it going with the build?
Very curious on the result and your opinions on the frame.

I have built the frame and am extremely happy with it.
It's currently in the winter edition with mudguards and lights.

What exactly are you interested in, then I can go into it?

ENEP

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2024, 11:23:28 AM »
Just overall curious of your findings. Glad you like it.
I also bought one. Waiting for parts and tools to build it up.

Hmpf

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2024, 02:57:41 PM »
Communication:
First of all, I would like to emphasize the very good contact with Kitty. She replies quickly and gave me very good advice when I wanted to know something about the structure. She also asked me several times how I was getting on with the frame and whether I needed anything else. I then ordered 2 more spacers, a spare derailleur hanger and an adapter so that I can attach saddles with 7 x 9 rails.

Design:
I love the design of the bike. The wide down tube with a partial D-shape. I particularly like the overhang towards the rear wheel.
The paint job is just a trial, I'll redo it in the summer.

Assembly:
The assembly worked very well. The brake lines with silencers were very easy to push through. The axle mounts are made to measure and fit perfectly.

There are good bolt-on options for the mudguards and I was able to fit them without any tinkering. However, I think the distance between the top and the tire is too big. You could use another part on the bridge of the rear triangle to bring the mudguard closer to the tire.  (And yes, the mudguards destroy the steepness of the blade-shaped seat tube)

There are only problems with the cockpit: The spacer tower twists even though the headset is adjusted and the stem is tightened. I have not yet found a solution for this.

The attachment for the seat post works very well, but the adhesive has come off the lock nut, which is not so good.

Driving behavior:
The bike is very stable, especially at high speeds from 30 km/h.

There is a small toe overlap (frame size 54/shoe size 43), but this can be eliminated when the mudguards are off.

For me, the geometry is sporty and more geared towards aerodynamics than comfort.

Equipment:
I am currently riding with the following setup:
Shifter: Red and Force
- 2 x 12 with 50/34 K-Light crank and 10-33 Force cassette
- Force rear derailleur with Gabaruk cage (not worth it for the cassette, I'll put it back)
- Rival front derailleur (has to be adjusted very carefully)
- The crank will be swapped for a Force with Sram chainrings. It's not working perfectly yet.
- Elitewheels Edge 50mm wheelset (very light and very cheap 1320 grams at 522€)
- Continental Grand Prix Urban 35mm (work perfectly for me in fall and winter when commuting)
- Toseek handlebars
- Red brake body, Dura Ace rotors (works perfectly)
- SKS Bluemels mudguards: The best, lightest and cheapest, simply trouble-free

Weight/cost:
The bike weighs 8.2Kg complete and cost 1900€. The mudguards weigh 500 grams and come off in summer.
The frame cost 844€ with all accessories (seatpost, thru axle, headset). The adapter for 7x9 rails cost 18€ and the additional spacers 5€.

pros:
- special design
- wide range of equipment options (luggage rack/mudguards/front light on the fork)
- aerodynamic
- good contact and service

cons:
- Spacer tower twists
- Data sheet no longer online (but available by email)
- unclear whether you get a frame or not

neutral:

- pressfit bearing
- proprietary seatpost
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 03:07:04 PM by Hmpf »

Hmpf

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2024, 01:58:38 AM »
Brief update:
I have replaced a few parts:
- Force crank
- Flattop chains
- Elitaone carbon saddle
- Gabaruk cage for the original Force cage (with Kogel derailleur pulleys)

Now the drivetrain works perfectly. It is quiet and shifts very smoothly.

The only problem I still have is that the cover for the fork shaft is twisted. Does anyone have any ideas on how to change this?