Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 40470 times)

BalticSea

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2023, 06:11:20 AM »
Please do let us know what you think about the frame when you receive it

KalviDj

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2023, 06:18:34 AM »
And tell us about this issue  ???

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2023, 07:16:02 AM »
Edit: removed post because of Hygge stealing my pictures.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 02:56:37 PM by TidyDinosaur »

BalticSea

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2023, 07:38:09 AM »
Ooooh, so it is that new paintwork that Patrick has shared pics from their Facebook page :o

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2023, 07:41:54 AM »
Ooooh, so it is that new paintwork that Patrick has shared pics from their Facebook page :o

No, this is the BOB option. Part matte and part glossy. The pics that Patrick posted are all glossy over the naked carbon I believe

BalticSea

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2023, 08:21:28 AM »
No, this is the BOB option. Part matte and part glossy. The pics that Patrick posted are all glossy over the naked carbon I believe

I see, thanks for clearing that up. I'll probably order this frame as well, had few different options but it seems like this frame has the mix of good looks, decent clearance for tyres and threaded BB. And the handlebar seems to be the same as The One/Kovlici/Rpantahi etc
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 08:56:17 AM by BalticSea »

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2023, 09:38:00 AM »
Edit: removed post because of Hygge stealing my pictures.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 02:56:57 PM by TidyDinosaur »

jonathanf2

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2023, 09:39:22 AM »
Nice frame! I definitely like the bare carbon look under the gloss, looks very slick! Also the threaded BB area looks clean as well.

sbellote

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2023, 09:51:41 AM »
Dang, that's a nice frame!! Very beautiful! Finishing seems really nice too, and that color with the carbon visible is insane, it gives a nice touch to the parts
please keep updated about the next steps on the build and any difficulty you run into, I'm planning on building a new bike next year, and Hygge is definitely in my radar!

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2023, 09:54:20 AM »
Dang, that's a nice frame!! Very beautiful! Finishing seems really nice too, and that color with the carbon visible is insane, it gives a nice touch to the parts
please keep updated about the next steps on the build and any difficulty you run into, I'm planning on building a new bike next year, and Hygge is definitely in my radar!

Damn, I should have asked for an influencer discount  ;D

jonathanf2

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2023, 11:39:27 AM »
The BB area looks much more beefier than the TFSA frame. I'd be curious to hear how this bike rides in comparison.

KalviDj

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2023, 11:56:48 AM »
Glossy parts are black paint with glossy varnish above or it is the raw carbon directly varnished in matte and glossy?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2023, 12:04:50 PM »
Glossy parts are black paint with glossy varnish above or it is the raw carbon directly varnished in matte and glossy?

It's all paint over raw carbon. You see all the carbon under the paint.

I've just put the cables through the handlebar. I was afraid of this because I never did it, but it went quite well  :D

coffeebreak

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2023, 12:19:55 PM »
The new color pictures that Pat shared and what TD bought seem to be same except for the black v/s shiny laser decals?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2023, 01:45:45 PM »
The new color pictures that Pat shared and what TD bought seem to be same except for the black v/s shiny laser decals?

Nope. Pat's all glossy. Mine is half glossy half matte.

And the decals are different indeed. I didn't want them to be too obvious.