Author Topic: LTWOO eGR  (Read 26079 times)

gloscherrybomb

Re: LTWOO eGR
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2024, 03:22:31 AM »
I took the plunge and put it on my bike.

So far so good! I’m using a direct mount hanger so I can comfortably run 10-50 in 12 speed, and the b-screw is about halfway in.

The brakes were a bastard to bleed because like others, I didn’t have the right fitting. For brake feel, I don’t really understand the process of what to do with the air valve. Can someone explain it to me?

There's a video on ltwoos YouTube showing the process.

How are you using a direct mount hanger? Just a standard Shimano one and it fits fine? Is it the wheels mfg one?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 03:34:22 AM by gloscherrybomb »

Phaxe

« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2024, 03:35:20 AM »
There's a video on ltwoos YouTube showing the process.

How are you using a direct mount hanger? Just a standard Shimano one and it fits fine?

Yup! Here’s a picture.

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2024, 05:50:49 AM »
Yup! Here’s a picture.

It looks like you still have the B-link there. Doesn't that just make it a hanger (maybe a slightly longer one) rather than direct-link?

Phaxe

« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2024, 05:41:27 PM »
It looks like you still have the B-link there. Doesn't that just make it a hanger (maybe a slightly longer one) rather than direct-link?

Oops, good catch. I took that photo as I was trying different set ups, and yes, you're right - this made it basically a longer hanger which actually helped accommodate this cassette and I might stick with this set up.

amacal1

« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2024, 02:35:50 PM »
« Last Edit: August 10, 2024, 04:06:15 PM by amacal1 »

Phaxe

« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2024, 04:37:49 PM »

amacal1

« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2024, 02:47:56 PM »
What the hell? I tried to but that cassette on Aliexpress and it showed me one price, and when I logged in to actually purchase it the price bumped up about 20%? I'm still kinda new to that site, is there some way to get around that or to get the price it shows me before I logged in?

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2024, 09:58:55 AM »
Customs gets built in to the price.

I received my replacement RD from Ltwoo. On visual inspection I can't see anything different at all. They assure me they have fixed the water ingress issues. Time will tell!

denisv

« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2024, 12:26:53 AM »
Does LTwoo eGR show up in bicycle computers (wahoo for example) like Wheeltop EDS TX ? To see battery level and shift number ?

Phaxe

« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2024, 02:40:56 AM »
Does LTwoo eGR show up in bicycle computers (wahoo for example) like Wheeltop EDS TX ? To see battery level and shift number ?

Yup! My Karoo 2 sees it - battery life, shifters (although it can't detect it's 1x, but I selected "0" for teeth on the small chainring), shift count, ratio etc - everything you could ever need.

amacal1

« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2024, 11:26:19 AM »
My Stages Dash M200 sees my eGR. It thinks its a Shimano Di2. My bike computer has a screen that let's me tell it how many gears, what the cassette sizes are, and what the front chainring sizes are (I forget what I did for the front chainring to show only as 1 but it works now) and from all that it gives me a ton of options. It can show a representation of my cassette and which gear I'm in. It can show just an information widget on which gear combo I'm in, and it can also show my ratio. The only part that's a little flakey is the battery, as it only shows full, normal, and critical battery levels, and seems to sometimes warns about critical battery when the battery is perfectly fine. I suspect it's maybe receiving info about  a voltage level or something that doesn't quite match Di2 voltage levels so it thinks the battery is dying when it's nowhere even close.

Phaxe

« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2024, 06:42:25 AM »
I just hit 500km of pretty gnarly gravel on the eGR groupo. It's performed like a champion, no complaints so far.

coffeebreak

« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2024, 03:07:35 PM »
I might be installing this group on someone's bike. The description by LTWoo about the calipers is throwing me off. They say its not flat mount, its not compatible with standard spacing and you would need a flat mount adapter to be purchased separately. What other parts does one need exactly for it to fit onto flat mount frame/fork? I see they include an adapter, is that not enough?

jonathanf2

« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2024, 04:04:37 PM »
The included adapters should work for 140mm and 160mm rotors. In some instances I’ve seen issues with certain fork designs not fitting and I found the rear 140mm adapter+caliper a bit more difficult to tighten due to the seat stays being in the way.

The overall brake performance is good and I found using the adapters make aligning the calipers a bit easier than a regular flat mount setup.

Phaxe

« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2024, 05:53:48 PM »
I might be installing this group on someone's bike. The description by LTWoo about the calipers is throwing me off. They say its not flat mount, its not compatible with standard spacing and you would need a flat mount adapter to be purchased separately. What other parts does one need exactly for it to fit onto flat mount frame/fork? I see they include an adapter, is that not enough?

I was thrown by this as well, but after reading trbike's write up on his website, and installing it myself, I think ltwoo have it wrong. What they provide in the kit fits flat mount without any issue.

I'm reposting his write up - hopefully he doesn't mind. I found it very useful for my install.

https://trbike.blogspot.com/2024/05/ltwoo-egr-results-writeup.html