Author Topic: LTWOO eGR  (Read 26084 times)

coffeebreak

Re: LTWOO eGR
« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2024, 06:46:19 PM »
The included adapters should work for 140mm and 160mm rotors. In some instances I’ve seen issues with certain fork designs not fitting and I found the rear 140mm adapter+caliper a bit more difficult to tighten due to the seat stays being in the way.

The overall brake performance is good and I found using the adapters make aligning the calipers a bit easier than a regular flat mount setup.

Thanks. I had calipers not fitting into rear triangle of my GF002 (TRP HY/RD) because they were too tall after the adapter. Hope these are not that tall, the group will be going on a 2023 Diverge which has dropped seat stays and narrow rear triangle.

I was thrown by this as well, but after reading trbike's write up on his website, and installing it myself, I think ltwoo have it wrong. What they provide in the kit fits flat mount without any issue.

Oh good. Yeah, I am wondering why they had to mention that. Thanks for the link, I will give it a read!

jonathanf2

« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2024, 07:15:21 PM »
Thanks. I had calipers not fitting into rear triangle of my GF002 (TRP HY/RD) because they were too tall after the adapter. Hope these are not that tall, the group will be going on a 2023 Diverge which has dropped seat stays and narrow rear triangle.

With the 160mm adapter, No issues with dropped seat stays. Though I found space extremely tight with the 140mm adapter. I do fast descents with them, and performance has never been an issue. Also like I mentioned, I found the adapter plates give the calipers a bit more leeway aligning the brakes. The plates help create a flush surface even if your disc brake mounts aren't perfectly surfaced. I have zero disc rub on either of my LTwoo equipped bikes.

AndrewSpearns

« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2024, 02:00:44 PM »
Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for 14500 cells. I have a generic set from eBay but am suspicious of their capacity/reliability. Would like to have another set on hand to try.

coffeebreak

« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2024, 02:11:18 PM »
Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for 14500 cells. I have a generic set from eBay but am suspicious of their capacity/reliability. Would like to have another set on hand to try.

Vapcell F12 14500 from Liion Wholesale. I got 4 for $16. Vapcells are a favorite of flashlight community.

AndrewSpearns

« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2024, 02:15:54 PM »
Vapcell F12 14500 from Liion Wholesale. I got 4 for $16. Vapcells are a favorite of flashlight community.

Thanks for this.

amacal1

« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2024, 02:49:07 PM »
I'm using Xtar 14500 800mAh cells I ordered from Battery Junction (us based, I think - the supplier, not the cells themselves).

I've been super happy with them. I get many thousands of shifts before I feel the need to charge. This month I've used my eGR bike a lot less. It's sat up for almost the entirety of August. In that time it's dropped to approx. 75% charge level. Can't really ask for better than that.

ChrisB

« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2024, 04:35:09 PM »
As shared on the other thread, battery quality is importatnt. Having issues on my eGR with quick discharge.
Will change batteries as recommended by others.

STAY AWAY from these:
Doublepow 14500 AA 3.7V Lithium Battery 800mAh
/ https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006240603318.html

BR Chris

jonathanf2

« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2024, 05:12:20 PM »
Can anyone give feedback switching from a mechanical 1x setup to the electronic eGR? I'm curious if you found the upgrade worth it on a 1x setup?

Phaxe

« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2024, 06:40:35 PM »
Can anyone give feedback switching from a mechanical 1x setup to the electronic eGR? I'm curious if you found the upgrade worth it on a 1x setup?

I went from a 2x mech to 1x eGR. Because I've had no issues with mine, I would say yes, totally worth it. It meant a lot less hassle routing cables through the frame, and the shifting once dialed in is flawless. But it's worth bearing in mind that this groupset I think can still be considered 'in testing'. I'm not sure I would have the confidence to take this bike packing on a multi day adventure and feel secure in the knowledge that there will be no issues.

jonathanf2

« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2024, 08:13:52 PM »
I went from a 2x mech to 1x eGR. Because I've had no issues with mine, I would say yes, totally worth it. It meant a lot less hassle routing cables through the frame, and the shifting once dialed in is flawless. But it's worth bearing in mind that this groupset I think can still be considered 'in testing'. I'm not sure I would have the confidence to take this bike packing on a multi day adventure and feel secure in the knowledge that there will be no issues.

Both my road bikes are running Ltwoo ER9 and they've been running flawlessly. I've been tempted to go electronic with all my bikes, though I'm hesitant with my gravel setup just incase something happens while I'm on a remote trail in the mountains. The other thing is I'm not entirely convinced I'll stay 1x, I also like 2x gravel as well. I'm currently using  2x Ultegra shifters, so it'd be easy to drop a mechanical FD if I switch back.

Phaxe

« Reply #175 on: August 28, 2024, 01:47:07 AM »
Both my road bikes are running Ltwoo ER9 and they've been running flawlessly. I've been tempted to go electronic with all my bikes, though I'm hesitant with my gravel setup just incase something happens while I'm on a remote trail in the mountains. The other thing is I'm not entirely convinced I'll stay 1x, I also like 2x gravel as well. I'm currently using  2x Ultegra shifters, so it'd be easy to drop a mechanical FD if I switch back.

I went with a 42 up the front, and a 10-50 at the back, and that gives me fairly wide gearing that's similar to what I had with the 2x. I'm thinking of getting a 40 or maybe even a 38 up front to give me just a little more on the steep hills we have around where I live.

Otherwise, colour me dead impressed with this groupset.

amacal1

« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2024, 12:00:50 PM »
Welp, I'm about to find out what it's like to reach out to Ltwoo. I had a bit of a crash late yesterday evening riding some proper gravel track about 10 miles or so from my house. I went over the bars and my bike went elsewhere and bent the eGR. It almost looked rideable, but then after a few strokes trying to ride it the chain sucked the derailleur into the wheel. I spent a few minutes untangling everything and managed to get it free and clear of the wheel and the cassette. After that, I really don't know how, it was shifting again and I was able to ride it home. I spent the rest of that ride home puzzling over in my head how it could still be shifting smoothly while it was obviously bent all to hell (I stuck to a few speeds in the middle of the cassette and avoided the extremes to avoid dropping my chain). It was pitch dark when I got home so all I did was hose the bike down and put it away. I haven't been able to give it a proper post-mortem and see what's salvageable and not. From what little I did see, my derailleur hanger looks straight as an arrow but the first part of the eGR that connects to my hanger looks bent badly. I didn't bother looking at the jockey wheel cage but I assume that's got some bend as well. I suspect it still shifted smoothly because the parallelogram which contains all of the shifting mechanism and geometry was still internally aligned. I'll post some pics once I have a chance to look at it and also reach out to Ltwoo and see if any of my bent parts can be obtained from them instead of scrapping the whole thing.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2024, 12:02:37 PM by amacal1 »

Phaxe

« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2024, 07:07:43 PM »
Welp, I'm about to find out what it's like to reach out to Ltwoo. I had a bit of a crash late yesterday evening riding some proper gravel track about 10 miles or so from my house. I went over the bars and my bike went elsewhere and bent the eGR. It almost looked rideable, but then after a few strokes trying to ride it the chain sucked the derailleur into the wheel. I spent a few minutes untangling everything and managed to get it free and clear of the wheel and the cassette. After that, I really don't know how, it was shifting again and I was able to ride it home. I spent the rest of that ride home puzzling over in my head how it could still be shifting smoothly while it was obviously bent all to hell (I stuck to a few speeds in the middle of the cassette and avoided the extremes to avoid dropping my chain). It was pitch dark when I got home so all I did was hose the bike down and put it away. I haven't been able to give it a proper post-mortem and see what's salvageable and not. From what little I did see, my derailleur hanger looks straight as an arrow but the first part of the eGR that connects to my hanger looks bent badly. I didn't bother looking at the jockey wheel cage but I assume that's got some bend as well. I suspect it still shifted smoothly because the parallelogram which contains all of the shifting mechanism and geometry was still internally aligned. I'll post some pics once I have a chance to look at it and also reach out to Ltwoo and see if any of my bent parts can be obtained from them instead of scrapping the whole thing.

oh mate, the most important thing is that you're ok. Parts are replaceable.

jonathanf2

« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2024, 08:57:54 PM »
I doubt they have spare parts laying around. I’d wait for the next AliEx sale and pick up a replacement eGR RD. Post some pics of your RD, you should be able to readily remove the inner cage plate and spray paint any scruffs. Also nail polish enamel can be used to cover up any scratches on the main unit.

I’d still double check your derailleur hanger with an alignment tool, no way you can eyeball if it’s straight.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrLShx2
« Last Edit: August 30, 2024, 09:00:13 PM by jonathanf2 »

denisv

« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2024, 10:52:38 AM »
Is anyone has news about two shifters operation of egr ? Very disappointing of this one hand use only.