Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Best TPU tube brand

<< < (6/12) > >>

BeR:

--- Quote from: Sebastian on August 01, 2024, 02:44:51 AM ---Using Ridenow ever since they first came out. The first few batches were very inconsistent. The latest ones with the transparent valves are the most reliable for me. I’m talking about the 36g version. I found these to be pretty much as reliable as butyl tubes.

I can also recommend the repair patches from Cyclami. Those work very well. I’m currently riding with one patch on the front tube and two patches on the rear. And they keep holding air. I’d even be confident enough to patch a TPU tube on the side of the road if necessary. Though it can be quite hard to actually find the puncture.

--- End quote ---

Have you tried their last model with aluminium valve ?

Sebastian:

--- Quote from: BeR on August 01, 2024, 02:08:35 PM ---Have you tried their last model with aluminium valve ?

--- End quote ---

No, I have not. Are these the latest iteration? I noticed they released „allroad“ tubes at around 45g for tires up to 34mm or bigger I think? But those still have plastic valve stems.

BeR:

--- Quote from: Sebastian on August 02, 2024, 12:19:28 AM ---No, I have not. Are these the latest iteration? I noticed they released „allroad“ tubes at around 45g for tires up to 34mm or bigger I think? But those still have plastic valve stems.

--- End quote ---

I believe it but I am not sure. There is also Geoid brand.

Sander2177:
I use Ridenow myself still have to check tire pressure before rides as they do lose a little. I also treat them as single use I find the repair patches at cr@p and don't adhere to well.

kubackje:
I use ridenow and love them. Cyclami patches works good for me. With new tubes (clear white valve) I also got pair of pink ridenow patches and used them on one of the tubes with success.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version