Author Topic: Chinese SC/AM831 Group Buy  (Read 62135 times)

kalssot

Re: Chinese SC Group Buy
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2020, 02:54:04 PM »
Yes, interested

* Size Large (19") or XL (21")
* Color #1 (Grey)
* Located in Barcelona (Spain)

freeride1

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2020, 03:12:07 PM »
I don't know if it could work also for US citizens, but as an italian, before nowadays shipping couriers (like XDB os WXY which are pre-paid tax and duties) I used to pay total amount with 2 invoices; frames from China were always inspected by our custom and buyer had to send them paypal/bank proof of transaction. With split invoices I gave them the lower one, so was able to pay 27% (VAT + custom duties) and save anti dumping tax (48% !!!!!)
Remember that shipping costs are added to frame cost.
Maybe this trick could sound strange to you, by the way now for an european customer is better and safer a pre-paid service, usually a frame and couple of rims cost 130/150$.
Shipment land from China in Netherlands or Belgium, this countries apply lower taxes than Italy, Spain etc...then package is forwarded and handled at destination by a european courier, just like an intra EU shipment.
Enduro, gravel, road rider from Italy

scourge

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 03:50:21 PM »
Where are you guys choosing your colors from?

Bampirizm

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2020, 04:29:30 PM »
For me, shipping from China to Belarus is a good option, if possible.

freeride1

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2020, 05:14:21 PM »
Where are you guys choosing your colors from?

Eddy can confirm, but probably are also available chameleon colors
Enduro, gravel, road rider from Italy

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2020, 06:29:08 PM »
Is it confirmed that we are limited to the above colors? Are all of the colors available in glossy and matte?

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:37:18 PM by Sitar_Ned »

Jotegr

Re: Chinese SC/AM831 Group Buy
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2020, 06:46:07 PM »
pending seeing that the large is actually the SC XL (which the chart says it is), then I'm in on a Large/19". Keep in mind that Haideli's large is SC's XL, the m is an L, and the s appears to be an m. If this is confirmed then I am a large. 

would prefer the bike with a primer only, no paint if possible.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 06:51:59 PM by Jotegr »

Cerps

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2020, 08:00:42 PM »
I'd be willing to receive and reship frames stateside if it would help grease the wheels, and assuming people would want to trust me with that. At least they know they can find me here if I were to pull something shady. Not sure if that's all that reassuring to people or not.

Thanks for all you've offered to do to try to get this to happen.  Its greatly appreciated.

I think we'll have to weigh the cost of drop shipping from china direct to the customer vs. bulk shipping to a US location, then UPS shipping state-side.  I know china post is still very heavily subsidized, and may be pretty aggressively priced.   Not sure where you're located, but I did a sample UPS calculation for a 48x24x12 box from NY to CA, and ground shipping was only $32 to ship cross country.  I figured it would be much more.  Maybe I didn't calculate it correctly.  Doesn't seem like a tough number to hit in terms of bulk savings.  The bigger issue will be how to handle duty tax.  Any shipment over $800 US will be subject to duty tax, and most likely a brokerage fee from whoever does the import clearing.  A quick google search shows that Chinese made bicycle parts are subject to a 25% tariff on top of the pre-existing 11% tax.  So now we need to cover 36% + $30 to make the bulk shipment make any sense.  Individual shipments, assuming the frame is under 800 USD, would be exempt from any import duty or tax (De Minimis Value: https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/de-minimis-value-increases-800)

But anyway, once we know the final number, maybe Eddy can give us separate quotes for drop shipped direct to customer, as well as bulk shipped to one location so we can compare the options?

Not to derail but if you ship within the USA, try bikeflights. They found pretty good rates when I shipped a fat bike frame.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2020, 08:01:54 PM »
Not a derail. Totally relevant. Thanks... Will do.

batboy

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2020, 09:56:56 PM »
Yes,

16"
#6 color
Cottage Grove, MN USA

scourge

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2020, 10:27:54 PM »
I was hoping the seat tube lengths were wrong on the site and they'd actually match the Hightower's. Doesn't seem to be the case, though. Not the end of the world.

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2020, 10:51:27 PM »
@Sitar

Thanks for your collecting of the orders.
Many thanks for your help.

swuw231

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2020, 11:20:10 PM »
Sign me in for a 16 inch frame!, having owned a Santa cruz before I would very like to try this new linkage platform and move to bigger wheels.

Size 16"
Color: raw carbon?
Ship: Miami

kalssot

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2020, 02:15:24 AM »
I don't know if it could work also for US citizens, but as an italian, before nowadays shipping couriers (like XDB os WXY which are pre-paid tax and duties) I used to pay total amount with 2 invoices; frames from China were always inspected by our custom and buyer had to send them paypal/bank proof of transaction. With split invoices I gave them the lower one, so was able to pay 27% (VAT + custom duties) and save anti dumping tax (48% !!!!!)
Remember that shipping costs are added to frame cost.
Maybe this trick could sound strange to you, by the way now for an european customer is better and safer a pre-paid service, usually a frame and couple of rims cost 130/150$.
Shipment land from China in Netherlands or Belgium, this countries apply lower taxes than Italy, Spain etc...then package is forwarded and handled at destination by a european courier, just like an intra EU shipment.

XDB is a good shipment for Europe
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 02:16:55 AM by kalssot »

GuitsBoy

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2020, 05:53:15 AM »
Not to derail but if you ship within the USA, try bikeflights. They found pretty good rates when I shipped a fat bike frame.

Totally agree that bikeflights could be a viable option if its cheaper, however shipping isnt the big problem, its the import duty tax thats the killer.

But that's a moot point if Eddy is willing to ship them individually.  If we hit the 30 MOQ, $499 is well under the de minimis value, and thus, no import duty to the US.