Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 238210 times)

SillyMochi

Re: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!
« Reply #1815 on: September 05, 2024, 05:45:56 AM »
Didn't we establish already, that Goldix, Spedao, and I think there was a third one, are all the same product just with a different branding and color scheme?

kubackje

Re: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!
« Reply #1816 on: September 05, 2024, 06:04:32 AM »
Didn't we establish already, that Goldix, Spedao, and I think there was a third one, are all the same product just with a different branding and color scheme?

But Goldix and ZTTO new CNC cassettes are better construction then SPEDAO, but yeah probably all made in the same factory.

coffeebreak

« Reply #1817 on: September 05, 2024, 06:35:38 AM »

Goldix Wuzei, Ztto, Sunshine are same. I know because I have bought all of these in different sizes. When you buy these cassettes you get all the actual cogs in one pouch and lockring with their respective brand name in another small pouch. They are simply adding their lock rings on a generic cassette.

SPEDAO is former SROAD that was renamed for whatever reason and has always been more expensive, slightly premium than above four. These earlier SROAD cassettes were generally reviewed very well and reasonably light too.

Then there was Riro recently that had freakishly light and delicate cassettes (that broke) which were even more expensive than SROAD/SPEDAO until these 110 gram Goldix came out. Expect other three brands to follow the suit too.

jonathanf2

« Reply #1818 on: September 05, 2024, 01:43:39 PM »
Goldix and ZTTO are the only brands doing the beefier torx screw spider, 1-piece all-steel road cassettes. Goldix are all black, ZTTO has different colors. Though ZTTO has their own full range of different large range cassettes. The road cassette is my favorite in weight and price, but I still give the performance nod to Shimano cassettes.

Sunshine does those steel/alloy cassettes both in road and MTB ranges. They're generally cheaper, but those big alloy cogs can wear out faster.

Spedao does the riveted lighweight all-steel road cassettes. They also do the 11 speed 10-36t, 10-42t all-steel cassettes and 11/12 speed 10-50t steel/alloy big cog cassette. I'm really enjoying the 10-42t cassette on my gravel bike, though I didn't like their road cassettes since I was experiencing cog skipping. Also there have been reports the alloy spider can crack by the rivets. I've tried reenforcing the rivets on mine with enamel, but it's to be seen if it helps.

jonathanf2

« Reply #1819 on: September 05, 2024, 01:46:03 PM »
Any good stores with replacement thru axles? I had to cut mine off due to a stripped head. I need a 160mmx12mm M12x1 M6x1 rear thru axle. Thanks!

00Garza

« Reply #1820 on: September 05, 2024, 03:28:41 PM »
Any good stores with replacement thru axles? I had to cut mine off due to a stripped head. I need a 160mmx12mm M12x1 M6x1 rear thru axle. Thanks!

I bought some Heppe branded thru axles from World Bike Store to replace the oddly sized stock ones on my gravel bike. Been really happy with them.

HEPPE MTB Road Bike Thru Axle Front Rear Hub Shaft Skewers 12x142/148 Wheel Axis Hub Shaft Quick Release 120-178mm P1.0/1.5/1.75
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOhFDy8

Not the size you need, but you should probably be able to find them in their store.

jonathanf2

« Reply #1821 on: September 05, 2024, 03:42:52 PM »
I bought some Heppe branded thru axles from World Bike Store to replace the oddly sized stock ones on my gravel bike. Been really happy with them.

HEPPE MTB Road Bike Thru Axle Front Rear Hub Shaft Skewers 12x142/148 Wheel Axis Hub Shaft Quick Release 120-178mm P1.0/1.5/1.75
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOhFDy8

Not the size you need, but you should probably be able to find them in their store.

Thanks, they have my size! I'm going to buy locally first, just so I can get up-and-running. I'll probably order another for backup.

Ideally I wouldn't mind a QR style thru axle. My gravel bike has one, but for my particular thread pitch, it seems they only have the standard one that requires a hex wrench. The less tools the better!

coffeebreak

« Reply #1822 on: September 05, 2024, 03:43:48 PM »
I too am running Heppe on my VB frame. Good stuff, just like their cables. However if you are in hurry, Amazon has some. I have a Yoder or something that I used on my trainer and it's been fine. I remember they had around 20 or so different options including thread pitch variations.

coffeebreak

« Reply #1824 on: September 06, 2024, 10:39:47 AM »
Elita now offers a longer rail version of one of my favorite AliX saddles.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806853095715.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.46.5c491802A1CBq9&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

This looks similar to no name carbon saddle that I have been buying/using for quite some time. But if this is different than those I'll be down for one.

00Garza

« Reply #1825 on: September 08, 2024, 05:43:27 PM »
This looks similar to no name carbon saddle that I have been buying/using for quite some time. But if this is different than those I'll be down for one.

Had one of those on my road bike and loved it. At first glance this one does appear to have longer rails.

jonathanf2

« Reply #1826 on: September 09, 2024, 11:54:53 AM »
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256807080569011.html

I recently picked up the ZTTO 9-46t 11 speed cassette. Everything looks good, I was able to shift through all the gears with proper indexing. It's just under 337g for the cassette. Everything is riveted (no screws), steel cogs from 9-40 and alloy at 46t. 9t seems to work well (not as bad as some people make it out to be). In comparison, the all-steel Spedao 10-42t 11 speed cassette weighs around 359g.

Only downside is shifting is sub-optimal with a standard Shimano GRX 812 RD. The cage rubs in the 2nd to big cog if the B screw isn't turned further in, but doing so it affects high gear shifting. It'll shift, but not in-spec smooth. I'm already looking at acquiring a GRX 822 RD to get better shifting or just go with an Garbaruk cage for the 812 RD.

I would have preferred if it was a 9-42t cassette, but with similar construction to the Spedao 10-42t (not the cheap screw spider version for $35 USD), but I see this cassette more like an all-steel 9-40t with an emergency 46t bailout.

Hmpf

« Reply #1827 on: September 11, 2024, 02:02:04 AM »
I am looking for brake levers for my triathlon bike. Not hydraulic ones, but mechanical ones for cable pull.
Can anyone recommend something?

00Garza

« Reply #1828 on: September 11, 2024, 09:24:38 AM »
I am looking for brake levers for my triathlon bike. Not hydraulic ones, but mechanical ones for cable pull.
Can anyone recommend something?

I think the only tri shifters you'll find on Ali are microshift. You're probably better off going with shimano offerings on ebay.

EDIT: just noticed you only mentioned brake levers. Yeah, no clue about those on Ali.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 09:27:09 AM by 00Garza »

jonathanf2

« Reply #1829 on: September 11, 2024, 03:38:24 PM »
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256807080569011.html

I recently picked up the ZTTO 9-46t 11 speed cassette. Everything looks good, I was able to shift through all the gears with proper indexing. It's just under 337g for the cassette. Everything is riveted (no screws), steel cogs from 9-40 and alloy at 46t. 9t seems to work well (not as bad as some people make it out to be). In comparison, the all-steel Spedao 10-42t 11 speed cassette weighs around 359g.

Only downside is shifting is sub-optimal with a standard Shimano GRX 812 RD. The cage rubs in the 2nd to big cog if the B screw isn't turned further in, but doing so it affects high gear shifting. It'll shift, but not in-spec smooth. I'm already looking at acquiring a GRX 822 RD to get better shifting or just go with an Garbaruk cage for the 812 RD.

I would have preferred if it was a 9-42t cassette, but with similar construction to the Spedao 10-42t (not the cheap screw spider version for $35 USD), but I see this cassette more like an all-steel 9-40t with an emergency 46t bailout.

I ended up having to use a Goatlink extender for this ZTTO cassette using the GRX 812 RD. The GRX 822 12 speed RD I tried definitely did not work with 11 speed shifters. I'm not sure how that one dude on Youtube was able to get it to work with GRX 11 speed shifters, but shifting was bad. I now suspect Shimano is using different pull ratios for their 12 speed mechanical shifters.

Funny thing is I'm using the Goatlink 10 speed extender, but it seems to work fine on the 11 speed GRX 812 RD. In fact shifting is quite good. A little bit more effort when on the small cogs, but towards the middle and large cassette cogs, shifting is even better than stock. Anyways, this should probably hold me over for awhile and I'm in no rush to go electronic especially with this wide cassette range.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 07:09:08 PM by jonathanf2 »