Author Topic: Replica Factor Ostro VAM  (Read 13089 times)

estingo

Re: Replica Factor Ostro VAM
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2024, 05:59:27 AM »
I also came across a Ostro VAM replica frame without logo in size 52 for around $500 USD. I don't have any proof but I personally don't believe they really give you T1000 / T1100 for a cheap frame like this, even if they have it is probably just a single layer of T1000, which is pretty much useless (the western brands do it like this too when they claim they used T1000 btw).

Probably the best take on the carbon layers that they used, for that price range for sure. We will see in the end how that goes. Do you have a picture of your bike tssy5?

Agreed.  Nice bike for sure, but I would build it without the logo.  Actually would look cleaner and slicker too imho.

I know it will bring controversy and that many people, especially on this form, don't like it.

No sympathy for the people who make fakes and who fuel this industry. As an artistic creator, I would not like someone to copy my works and make the same signature as mine and also sell them under my name. Let these people get inspired and develop their own design, why not. Not to mention that I find it corny. What would you say if someone took your appearance and moved into your bed?

What an analogy, but I get where you are coming from. For your information I'm not selling this bike as a real one, nor do I try to sleep with someone else to take that identity. See it as a cheap kit car on a Pontiac Fiero base. If you copy a Lamborghini with a kit on the base of a Pontiac Fiero, it won't drive like a Lambo, it won't sound like a Lambo, it just looks like it.

I believe that this fake Factor also won't drive like a real Factor, I'll get Elite Drive wheels, probably the Black Inc wheels are much better, the stiffness in the frame and handlebars will be much less than the original. The original has every where Ceramicspeed bearings, I don't. At a kit car it's quite obvious for the trained eye, I think it will also be obvious for the factor that it's a replica (for the trained eye).
And at this point I can't get rid of the stickers anymore, sorry.

OralMaster

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2024, 10:46:57 AM »
    I'll chip in on my Faketor Ostro too.

My frame was marketed as the highest tier amongst the faketor ostro made in chinese factories. I build it up myself with the original spacers and ceramicspeed bb so that people in my group ride don't call me out.

it was easy to build and the carbon layup internally were extremely smooth, not a speck of carbon dust on my frame.
    The headset fit perfectly, the bb threaded and fitted snugly and the flat mounts came faced properly (no brake rubs).
    For a size 54 full white frame, it came in at around 1054g.  (edited 6 Sep 2024: see photos in later posts)

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1102991493/pages/all-items.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.pcShopHead_2006254741865.1&shop_sortType=bestmatch_sort

search for "first class carbon" store
« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 10:55:57 PM by OralMaster »

tssy5

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2024, 10:35:34 PM »
Probably the best take on the carbon layers that they used, for that price range for sure. We will see in the end how that goes. Do you have a picture of your bike tssy5?

I know it will bring controversy and that many people, especially on this form, don't like it.

What an analogy, but I get where you are coming from. For your information I'm not selling this bike as a real one, nor do I try to sleep with someone else to take that identity. See it as a cheap kit car on a Pontiac Fiero base. If you copy a Lamborghini with a kit on the base of a Pontiac Fiero, it won't drive like a Lambo, it won't sound like a Lambo, it just looks like it.

I believe that this fake Factor also won't drive like a real Factor, I'll get Elite Drive wheels, probably the Black Inc wheels are much better, the stiffness in the frame and handlebars will be much less than the original. The original has every where Ceramicspeed bearings, I don't. At a kit car it's quite obvious for the trained eye, I think it will also be obvious for the factor that it's a replica (for the trained eye).
And at this point I can't get rid of the stickers anymore, sorry.

Matte black with no logo, pretty stealthy

estingo

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2024, 02:10:53 AM »

Looks also pretty cool to me! It's awesome that you went for this matte stealthy black. Bought as well some original parts like the head spacer ring, and seatpost wedge. I'm also still doubting if I add under the headset top cover a rubber ring to prevent getting moisture in the headset bearings.

For my build:
I still need a chain, cassette, and wheels. Received this week the chainring 1x, which is a Rotor Qarbon Q-ring with 52t but I received the 50t so I need to wait for that too. 

Serge_K

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2024, 04:18:19 AM »
    I'll chip in on my Faketor Ostro too.

My frame was marketed as the highest tier amongst the faketor ostro made in chinese factories. I build it up myself with the original spacers and ceramicspeed bb so that people in my group ride don't call me out.

it was easy to build and the carbon layup internally were extremely smooth, not a speck of carbon dust on my frame.
    The headset fit perfectly, the bb threaded and fitted snugly and the flat mounts came faced properly (no brake rubs).
    For a size 54 full white frame, it came in at around 1000g. 
    [/list]

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1102991493/pages/all-items.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.pcShopHead_2006254741865.1&shop_sortType=bestmatch_sort

Wow, i want to live inside that frame, it looks PERFECT! and i thought my LT268 was pretty inside, this is next level!
    I kind of want one now :/
    Can you post a few pictures of yours? And how does it ride? Did you get it from that aliexpress store? you got the highest level of carbon? how much did you pay and shipped to what part of the world?
    Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

tssy5

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2024, 02:14:06 AM »
    Looks also pretty cool to me! It's awesome that you went for this matte stealthy black. Bought as well some original parts like the head spacer ring, and seatpost wedge. I'm also still doubting if I add under the headset top cover a rubber ring to prevent getting moisture in the headset bearings.

For my build:
    I still need a chain, cassette, and wheels. Received this week the chainring 1x, which is a Rotor Qarbon Q-ring with 52t but I received the 50t so I need to wait for that too.

That's a cool chainring. The little parts like headset spacers and top cover came with the frame so I don't need to buy them again, however the bolts they provided are pretty low quality so I bought some titanium bolts and replaced them.

honeykaze

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2024, 06:58:11 AM »
    wow it looks sick! able to advice where did you get this frame?

tssy5

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2024, 03:36:32 AM »
    wow it looks sick! able to advice where did you get this frame?

You just need to search "Ostro VAM" in aliexpress.

OralMaster

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2024, 10:40:02 AM »
      Wow, i want to live inside that frame, it looks PERFECT! and i thought my LT268 was pretty inside, this is next level!
      I kind of want one now :/
      Can you post a few pictures of yours? And how does it ride? Did you get it from that aliexpress store? you got the highest level of carbon? how much did you pay and shipped to what part of the world?

It's super stiff. I like it alot
    I got it from 咸鱼 ( its the chinese equivalent ebay/craiglist within china), my seller eventually went on aliexpress because i told him laowais are less fussy and for the quality he is offering, it's gonna sell.
    yup i went for the highest level of carbon. but with white paint it did came heavier than what i expected.
    i paid 6500 rmb for the frame and around 60 usd to singapore using my own forward shipper, had he sold on aliexpress I would have used aliexpress instead, saved the trouble.
    oh did i mention the frame came in a factor box? [/list]
    « Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 12:30:18 AM by OralMaster »

Serge_K

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2024, 02:32:02 PM »
    1054g
    thru axle 35g, 1019g.
    derailleur hanger 20g (?), 1000g.
    White paint... 75g (?), 925g
    4 cage bolts, 10g (?), 915g
    Size 54 advertised as 865g, that's a 50g difference, or 6% deviation. I guess anything in the 5% range is to be expected. Better safe than sorry.

6500RMB = 815 EUR + 60$ shipping, this is pricey indeed.
    The Factor box makes you wonder... would that be in instance of special access to the factory floor?

I just wish the logo said Tractor and not Factor, but this is a pretty bike indeed. Having a frame from a Factor factory but with Tractor logo would be peak troll.

tssy5

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2024, 10:03:06 PM »
    1054g
    thru axle 35g, 1019g.
    derailleur hanger 20g (?), 1000g.
    White paint... 75g (?), 925g
    4 cage bolts, 10g (?), 915g
    Size 54 advertised as 865g, that's a 50g difference, or 6% deviation. I guess anything in the 5% range is to be expected. Better safe than sorry.

6500RMB = 815 EUR + 60$ shipping, this is pricey indeed.
    The Factor box makes you wonder... would that be in instance of special access to the factory floor?

I just wish the logo said Tractor and not Factor, but this is a pretty bike indeed. Having a frame from a Factor factory but with Tractor logo would be peak troll.

It is the T1000 one so it would be more expensive, mine is T800 so it is around 450 EUR without shipping, probably I should get a T1000 for my next frame to see if it is going to be stiffer.

Serge_K

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2024, 08:36:07 AM »
    Price wise, that would make sense, as T1000 is supposed to cost twice as much as T800? Would be extremely interesting to compare them side by side.
    Save for a very clear difference, I think I'd rather buy a t800 and upgrade frames twice as often. I'm a unit, the weight difference between frames would only serve my vanity.

rhenders

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2024, 08:53:54 AM »
      It's super stiff. I like it alot
      I got it from 咸鱼 ( its the chinese equivalent ebay/craiglist within china), my seller eventually went on aliexpress because i told him laowais are less fussy and for the quality he is offering, it's gonna sell.
      yup i went for the highest level of carbon. but with white paint it did came heavier than what i expected.
      i paid 6500 rmb for the frame and around 60 usd to singapore using my own forward shipper, had he sold on aliexpress I would have used aliexpress instead, saved the trouble.
      oh did i mention the frame came in a factor box? [/list]

The seller is on Aliexpress now? What is their store called?

Tsunami

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2024, 01:06:27 PM »
       Did you take some pics of the inside of the frame?
      There are some quite bad pictures of the internals of the frame on the Aliexpress seller you mentioned.
      Bought in the end the same frame in size 56 with T1100 carbon, according to the seller on AliExpress (for what it's worth).

Weights are:
      Front fork (uncut): 452 gr
      Seatpost (uncut)+clamp+rubber: 229 gr
      Handlebar with integrated stem: 331 gr
      Frame incl: bolts+seatclamp: 1069 gr
      Parts: headset, spacers, compression plug: 153 gr

Total weight of: 2234gr
      costs incl. shipping to Europe with DPD was 682 euro's

Need to build everything together, just waiting for some parts though.

Bought a Deda D-fork compression D-plug after this comment:
      For the rest will I hijack this topic thread to continue the build of the same replica Factor Ostro VAM. The picture is just for indication of how it looks like, so I know there are no headspacers, etc.

The bottom bracket was not included, but alu axles were. those were 64 gr but I placed those at the wheels section so they are not in the frame weight calculated.

For the rest I have the Lexon Carbon crank and the wheeltop derailleur set. I will go for a 1x setup with a 52 chainring as where I am based it's quite flat.
      Probably will go for the Elite Drive wheels or Superteam, I haven't decided yet

estingo

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2024, 07:18:12 AM »
      Everything is ordered so the waiting game has begun and I can piece this "thing" together. My expected weight is around 7 kg

Did you take some pics of the inside of the frame?
      There are some quite bad pictures of the internals of the frame on the Aliexpress seller you mentioned.

Hello Tsunami, difficult to take pictures form the inside.
      I did my best though, I'm not sure where you saw those bad pictures of the frame internals from this particular seller.

You can check them below.