Author Topic: New frame: Longteng RD301-D  (Read 16123 times)

Tsunami

Re: New frame: Longteng RD301-D
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2024, 10:46:38 AM »
According to Alisa, the 58cm frame will only be available in a few months time, too bad :/

kwantani

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2024, 11:35:56 AM »
All done! ready to ship out.

Mlesna

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2024, 06:15:40 AM »
All done! ready to ship out.

This is all very exciting! From this picture it seems like, there arent screws on the top tube? Do you know anything about that? And does anyone know
how the compartment on the down tube closes? is there a mount for a bottlecage on the latch itself?

I might build a first time Chinese bike with this frame for my bff, she is 167 cm tall, so I might go with the size 470, I think. Any opinions on that? I took here existing road bike as a template and talked with her what she likes/dislikes about it.

best wishes and thanks a lot to everyone on this thread and this forum. absolutly love it!

Serge_K

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2024, 07:26:13 AM »
Looking forward to full builds with that frame. I've now clocked over 8k km on my ltk268 and love it, it's so fast when built right, it's amazing. Any group I join I'm automatically the group rouleur/ Tractor in front.
I have mixed feelings about the 38C clearance so I look forward to pictures, videos and ride reviews.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

Ahodesu05

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2024, 11:07:19 AM »
This is all very exciting! From this picture it seems like, there arent screws on the top tube? Do you know anything about that? And does anyone know
how the compartment on the down tube closes? is there a mount for a bottlecage on the latch itself?

I might build a first time Chinese bike with this frame for my bff, she is 167 cm tall, so I might go with the size 470, I think. Any opinions on that? I took here existing road bike as a template and talked with her what she likes/dislikes about it.

best wishes and thanks a lot to everyone on this thread and this forum. absolutly love it!

Here are some pics of my frame sent to me by Alisa - you can see that there are holes for bolt-on top tube bag. The frame has been shipped and should arrive soon.  I'll try to share an unboxing video.

Btw I requested metallic gray using a Pantone code, but it looks almost white in the pic.  Alisa assures me that they used paint color that matched my Pantone code, fingers crossed!

PANW

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2024, 01:49:39 PM »
I’m really looking forward to seeing your and kwantani’s build. I’m struggling to decide between the RD301 and the ICAN Flyee. Thanks for the update

kwantani

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2024, 10:22:59 PM »
« Last Edit: September 03, 2024, 10:27:52 PM by kwantani »

kwantani

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2024, 10:30:07 PM »
I try to share a youtube unbox video link and this site is not allowed me to share, came out a blank post. Frustrating!!!

pics for now...

« Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 05:40:58 PM by kwantani »

PANW

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2024, 05:49:40 PM »
Looks good. What are your initial impressions?

kwantani

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2024, 06:50:10 PM »
1) Love the paint job! the candy/pearlescent tone really shine under the sun!

2) The bottle cage holes on top tube and down tube is kind ugly, have that unfinished looks. Not impressive with them.

3) The downtube storage access is nice with the magnetic latch, but the underneath is just cavity expose to the entire inside of the downtube. How am I going store anything inside? what do I need to setup as storage? again sort of unfinished kind of solution that I need to figure out.

4) Front der hanger has 2 rivets to the seat tube, not sure if that's sufficient?

5) I like the rear der hanger, this is the Sram type?

6) Massive squoval downtube, is it really necessary for a stiffer frameset? Aesthetically it's pleasing, not sure if it could make the frame overly stiff.

7) I think I'm going to enjoy the 38c tire clearance.

8) I'm planning to have the LBS move the 105/12s groups and components from my current Java Fuoco over to the LongTeng.

9) Quick inspection on the inside of the frame tubing, all internal surface seems smooth, has not seen any wrinkles nor any ungodly epoxies or trash. But will take more details photos on the inside tubing. 

Looks good. What are your initial impressions?

Serge_K

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2024, 02:05:46 AM »
Very nice! the inside of the down tube looks so pretty!
2. Once you have a bottle cage installed, you don't see the screw holes, so i'd say no worries.
3. That's how it's done with all such frames, afaik, it's just a hole and you get some kind of fabric sock to store stuff. It's surprising LT doesnt provide it, you can ask them, and maybe look for something on aliX? You can look for videos on YT, but I have a friend with an Argon 18 TT bike, and he has one of those: it's a fabric sock that goes into the frame, and that's it. It's in the sock that you store your things.
4. Looks like screws with allen key heads, looks exactly like my own LT. Put loctite on them and they wont move. Do put loctite on them though, there's no reason not to.
5. Your RD isn't that weird Sram format. you have a RD hanger on which you'l screw on your RD.
6. the down tube is much rounder than my LT268, presumably to accommodate the down tube storage. It's big, so it should be stiff.

Have fun!
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

PANW

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2024, 05:03:17 AM »
The downtube storage access is nice with the magnetic latch, but the underneath is just cavity expose to the entire inside of the downtube. How am I going store anything inside? what do I need to setup as storage? again sort of unfinished kind of solution that I need to figure out.

Alisa told me they sell them and are $8 for the sock.

kwantani

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2024, 11:31:05 AM »
Ah good to know. Thx.

Ahodesu05

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2024, 02:56:24 AM »

They do offer a simple sock.  My frame got delayed a bit and they sent it to me to compensate - it's just a basic zippered black bag. 

My unboxing video coming soon!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2024, 11:19:57 PM by Ahodesu05 »

Ahodesu05

« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2024, 03:01:05 AM »
Ah good to know. Thx.

I just got my frame!  Did yours come with a seatpost clamp rubber stopper?  Mine didn't come with it...