Author Topic: Spcycle New Mold G068 Carbon Gravel Frame  (Read 1476 times)

spcycle

Spcycle New Mold G068 Carbon Gravel Frame
« on: April 15, 2024, 04:40:36 AM »
Dear All:

Have a nice day.

spcycle is developing a new gravel frame. Model SP-G068. This frame is compatible with SRAM UDH hanger.

Now share some picture and information to this forum members.

Any interesting and pre-order of this frame, feel free to contact us at any time.

info@lc2000.com.cn

For this model some inforamtion listed:

frame available sizes: XS/S/M/L/XL
Headset Size: Upper 52mm, Lower 52mm
Bottom bracket: T47 thread, BB shell width 86.5mm
rear derailleur hanger: Sram UDH
seatpost: 27.2mm
Maximum tire clearance: 700*47C
We will provide 2 versions: fully integrated cable and semi-integrated cable.

Currently we have completed mold development and sample testing will be completed in April. Mass manufacturing will be completed in May.

Many thanks.

David

pushpush

Re: Spcycle New Mold G068 Carbon Gravel Frame
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 12:33:10 PM »
Pricing?

BruceJR

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 10:59:47 PM »
Why not make the tire clearance 50mm or more?  That is what a lot of people want.  Please!

sync1

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 04:11:58 AM »
Its a Canyon Grail copy. The Grail's max tyre is 42mm (announced).

kbernstein

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 05:11:17 AM »
If you are making a grail copy I also want that frame bag please

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 05:34:59 AM »
Its a Canyon Grail copy. The Grail's max tyre is 42mm (announced).
Yeah, geometry seems to be an exact match

pushpush

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2024, 09:14:22 AM »
The lack of in-frame storage and the choice of an adventure style fork with a bunch of bolt holes are both big turnoffs.

The hunt continues.....

spcycle

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2024, 03:57:16 AM »
Why not make the tire clearance 50mm or more?  That is what a lot of people want.  Please!

The chainstay of G068 is a symmetrical design. Tires wider than 50C cannot be installed. We installed 50C tires on the sample frame. But the gap between the two sides is only 4mm. So we recommend that the maximum tire clearance is 47C.

spcycle

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2024, 04:01:37 AM »
The lack of in-frame storage and the choice of an adventure style fork with a bunch of bolt holes are both big turnoffs.

The hunt continues.....

Yes, there is no storage space designed into the downtube. For forks, we will provide 2 versions. without bolt holes version fork is available.

pushpush

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2024, 10:25:02 AM »
Yes, there is no storage space designed into the downtube. For forks, we will provide 2 versions. without bolt holes version fork is available.

Good callout about the fork. That will help I'm sure. Lots of people prefer the clean look.

Tijoe

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2024, 11:56:26 AM »
I agree on a need for 50mm tires.  This frame looks like it could be used for bikepacking/touring with the placement of all the threaded bosses.  I wonder if someone will make a gravel geometry hybrid frame that can fit boost/148 rear wheels, and 110 front hubs.   (I suppose the rear frame geometry is too short to accommodate a 148 wide rear triangle and either a 73 or 83mm wide bottom bracket.)

sync1

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2024, 09:27:18 AM »
You can find another gravel frames with 50c tire clearance.
You cant get big tire clearance + short chainstays + 2x crank.
Who wants bikepacking/touring should consider a steel frame.
Gravel "hybrid" boost standard and wide BB? Get a mtb frame and a mtb carbon fork.

Tijoe

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2024, 10:18:19 AM »
You can find another gravel frames with 50c tire clearance.   I know I've seen them.

You cant get big tire clearance + short chainstays + 2x crank.    True, unfortunately not in carbon, But you can on a custom Ti frame, and add rear sliders so you can vary the wheelbase/shorter/longer chainstays.   I wish sometimes they would make a carbon gravel oriented frame with rear sliders.  Slide them back for larger tires. 

Who wants bikepacking/touring should consider a steel Titanium frame.    I have one, actually 2.

Gravel "hybrid" boost standard and wide BB? Get a mtb frame and a mtb carbon fork.   I went this route for one of my Gravel oriented bikes.  Edit:  Sometimes I don't like the higher bottom bracket and overall frame height off the ground for gravel rides.  It would be nice to not have to run a dropper, in order for my feet to be able to touch the ground with my bottom on the saddle, while waiting for a group of riders to regroup.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 10:21:47 AM by Tijoe »

sync1

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2024, 04:04:58 AM »
Titanium is much more expensive and harder to repair than steel. For who's looking for a cheap carbon frame I think a steel frame is a good alternative (for touring and bikepacking).
I have several bikes, including a carbon gravel and a 29er titanium hardtail converted into a "hybrid gravel".
HT 29er frames have a BB drop around 60mm with a suspension fork. With a carbon fork will be around 72mm, which is normal for a gravel bike.
Want the "perfect" frame? Order a custom made titanium =)

RDY

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2024, 08:56:52 AM »
The Revolt fits a 2.1" rear in road 2x chainline.  There's nothing about carbon frames that precludes such setups.  Gravel bikes are just generally regressive upscaled roadbikes still rather than downscaled MTBs, hence the mostly crap geo and tire clearance.  It's mostly smaller 'boutique' brands - who typically do Ti / Steel to avoid mold costs for carbon - who do bigger clearance.

Writing's on the wall though now at least wrt tire clearance, with a lot of racers wanting to do 2.1" rear and 2.25" front.  Better geo will take longer probably.