Author Topic: VeloBuild VB-R-268 frame  (Read 75322 times)

Nkearb

Re: VeloBuild VB-R-268 frame
« Reply #435 on: September 01, 2024, 02:30:20 PM »
I had luck today overtorquing the expander and under torquing the top cap. Like 14NM on the plug and like 2nm on the top cap. I finally was able to complete a 2 hour ride without slipping but it still was a bit loose, only noticed small amount of play if I applied the front breaks hard or cornered quickly. The expander plug and integrated handlebar bolts are so stripped at this point lol. New bolts and plug are ordered, but I think I will have to live with this for the time being. I am getting creaking from the seat clamp, I see Patty says the carbon seat clamps are flawed... I am not looking to spend more money on this thing. Looking to swap to a different frame asap. Maybe a Allez Sprint or get something from winspace next time they run a sale.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2024, 03:02:33 PM by Nkearb »

s3si1u

« Reply #436 on: September 02, 2024, 01:18:33 PM »
Which VB bike was that? If they fit the 268 as well, I might consider changing the cockpit if that fixes it for good.

It was a 177. I would maybe try a different compression ring or two before going for a full cockpit switch, unless you really want to go this route anyway. The One Pro comes with two different compression rings (one alloy and one some kind of nylon/plastic) that wrap all the way around the steerer. I had luck with aftermarket C shaped rings, as well.
Instagram: @aerosloth

patliean1

« Reply #437 on: September 03, 2024, 09:38:59 AM »

Sheesh thanks for your service Pat on all these videos you churning out man!

Finally placed my order today, hoping to the shipping gods that it will arrive before a race that I will be attending on the 21st of September jeez!

How many weeks have you guys received yours? I opted to go just the stock matte black and would probably repaint it next year or so in order to save shipping times

Got the NECO Large headset expander as well, props to you again Pat!

Keep the videos coming! ordered a 53-39 Crankset, an equally pancake flat that is Abu Dhabi comparable to Chi-town.

Lovin all those RnB in between references as well

Lastly, PAT do you ever recommend those Ceramic BB86 from Aliexpress?

Thank you! A lot of my early YouTube success has come from the support of this very forum. Especially for VeloBuild.

Shipping took about 2-3 weeks. Regarding bottom brackets, I stay away from the AliExpress stuff personally. Wheels MFG makes super reliable BBs for BB86 if you're running Shimano cranks.

Tdiguy

« Reply #438 on: September 10, 2024, 08:59:56 AM »
Has anyone found a direct mount hanger to work on the 268?