Author Topic: Workswell WCB-M-062  (Read 234202 times)

xcbarny

Re: Workswell WCB-M-062
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2015, 05:47:09 PM »
Hopefully get it changed for a BB30 frame. If I'd gone for the BB30 in the first place, I'd never have had any of these issues. Oh well.

I just hope that shipping won't be too expensive.
Dashine bike Carbon Singlespeed Rocket. http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,844.0.html

xcbarny

« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2015, 05:49:48 PM »
With any luck, it'll be all sorted by the end of January!
Dashine bike Carbon Singlespeed Rocket. http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,844.0.html

bxcc

« Reply #242 on: December 27, 2015, 08:51:02 AM »
I hope everyone had a great holiday. I choose Christmas and it was a great one. I even got out for an hour ride on the 062 as a plus bike.

free screen capture software

Viperdriver

« Reply #243 on: December 27, 2015, 11:01:10 AM »

Had mine for 6 months now and several hundred miles, zero issues.  Just added some decals this week, to make it look like my first bike, a Dyno Detour, from when I was 10.  I'll post photos once the site allows it again.

My build got spun off to this link by the mods: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,685.msg7546.html#msg7546

062 17" frame painted gloss white , PF30, 12x142 rear axle
beer ebb PF30 to GXP
Light bicycle all mountain carbon rims
Hope pro 2 evo hubs
XTR race M985 brakes
160mm ice tech rotors
Ti rotor bolts
XX1 GXP carbon cranks
Absolute black oval 32t chainring
rocket ron 2.1 and 2.25 tubeless
RockShox XX RCT3 fork w/ 15mm thru axle
Spyder twin tail seat
XX1 derailleur, trigger shift, and cassette
ESI Chunky grips
UNO 60mm stem
xpedo spry pedals
XXF seat post clamp
chinese carbon seat post "Easton"
chinese carbon "Look" bars, 720mm

« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 11:52:16 AM by Viperdriver »

Petenausen

« Reply #244 on: December 27, 2015, 01:09:12 PM »
What is EBB? Sorry for my ignorance. I have to buy a frame for an xx1 gxp crank. What do you suggest me, bsa o bb92?

Viperdriver

« Reply #245 on: December 27, 2015, 01:14:33 PM »
What is EBB? Sorry for my ignorance. I have to buy a frame for an xx1 gxp crank. What do you suggest me, bsa o bb92?

ebb=eccentric bottom bracket.  it allows the smaller GXP crank to move for/aft/up/down inside the bottom bracket of the frame to change the overall length between the chainring and sprocket.  You only need it for single speed, and even then it's just one of many options to tension the chain. 

bxcc

« Reply #246 on: December 27, 2015, 03:39:27 PM »

BSA and all you need is a standard english threaded GXP bottom bracket. I believe you can still run it in a BB92 frame but it requires an adapter.

bxcc

« Reply #247 on: December 27, 2015, 03:43:33 PM »
Nice looking bike Viperdriver! Why did you go to geared? I was debating about making mine a SS. Mainly because I ordered a dedicated plus frame from Workswell and the SS conversion would be the cheapest way to keep it in the stable. And I always wanted to try one.

Viperdriver

« Reply #248 on: December 27, 2015, 05:26:12 PM »
Nice looking bike Viperdriver! Why did you go to geared? I was debating about making mine a SS. Mainly because I ordered a dedicated plus frame from Workswell and the SS conversion would be the cheapest way to keep it in the stable. And I always wanted to try one.

Been SS for a decade, wanted to try 1x gears and see how they work.  Really just wanted to see if I'd be faster with gears.  It's ok.  More weight, more hassle.  Marginally faster on most of the trails I ride.  In the end I'll probably end up with either two bikes, or remove the gears and go back to SS on my lone bike.  I'm trying to give gears a chance, but it's not as fun. 

edi

« Reply #249 on: January 02, 2016, 01:55:40 AM »
Hi guys. Say I'm impressed with bikes that some of you have built. Really beautiful but I have a doubt that for now prevents me to order a frame 062. Those who have already built the bike and have made some miles (km) with them, Would you do XC competition at the amateur level ?. Do you believe are reliable at that level?. Thanks in advance for your reply.

bxcc

« Reply #250 on: January 02, 2016, 05:34:25 AM »
What are your doubts? Is it the frame or the ordering process that concerns you?
Personally I would have no problem racing mine. If I didn't feel it was reliable, I wouldn't have ordered another frame from Workswell. I do the local race circuit at the amateur / sport level and I would have no problem using it.

edi

« Reply #251 on: January 02, 2016, 10:24:51 AM »
Hi bxcc,
I mean to the quality of the frame. I am not professional biker but I like to ride strongly. I know Chinese 062 frame is not equals to genuine brand but I only would ask a minimum quality to not crash. So I ask those have already tried this frame. I am waiting for your quality opinions about it. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 04:23:25 PM by edi »

bxcc

« Reply #252 on: January 02, 2016, 04:45:41 PM »
Hi bxcc,
I mean to the quality of the frame. I am not professional biker but I like to ride strongly. I know Chinese 062 frame is not equals to genuine brand but I only would ask a minimum quality to not crash. So I ask those have already tried this frame. I am waiting for your quality opinions about it. Thanks.

I understand your concern. I was hesitant at first too. I have been running some Nextie rims which are "china direct" for 2 seasons now with somewhere over 1500 miles on them. The are on a Santa Cruz 5010 that sees it's fair share of rocks and roots. I have had zero issues with them. I have probably 250 miles on my 062 and I am very confident that it will hold up to "normal" use. I have it set up as a rigid bike so the frame probably gets worked a little harder than something with some suspension. I do give it a good look over after every good ride though. I think that if the failure rate was high enough to be concerned, this forum wouldn't exist. If you don't mind having to clean up a hole or chase a thread during the initial build, then these frames are perfectly fine. But if you want "Mercedes" type of finish and refinement, then you might want to stick with a name brand.

bxcc

« Reply #253 on: January 02, 2016, 04:52:45 PM »
Also, check out Workswell's youtube video's. They aren't anything special but it does look like they at least test some of the frames.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-T0NwdQ1b3BnXOSd0dH9uQ

edi

« Reply #254 on: January 03, 2016, 11:48:44 AM »
Also, check out Workswell's youtube video's. They aren't anything special but it does look like they at least test some of the frames.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-T0NwdQ1b3BnXOSd0dH9uQ

Thanks a lot for your advice. I will take into account the key points concerning your reasoning in my future purchase. If at the end I take the decision to order the WCB-M-062 frame I will post the progress of my build. I follow all developments in this topic. Greetings.