Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 67313 times)

Sebastian

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #390 on: January 11, 2024, 01:54:59 AM »
I hope the stuff stays backwards compatible + I hope it is possible to buy individual parts somewhere.
So if something breaks a few years down the line you don't need to get a whole groupset. When I bought er9 I tried to buy the groupset without the calipers since I knew I wasn't gonna use them. But no seller was willing to sell anything but a full groupset.

mtbluvr68

« Reply #391 on: January 11, 2024, 06:05:26 PM »
Pulled the trigger on er9 today, found on ali from the ltwoo official store , winter sale ends 1/12 for $406.18  US + tax, total $439.69 shipped sans box and battery.  Purchased zitto 11-34 colorful 12 speed cassette  and kmc 12 speed chain as well. Will run 1X with 48T Crank (but have 48/35 2X if I choose later)  .

Was really hoping GRX would be out by now but seems still having issues with that. 
2021 Tan Tan Seraph FM027  w/Light Bicycle wheels(XC)
2022 Marin Rift Zone 3 w/ elite wheels (trail)
2021 Tideace FMR185 w/Light Bicycle Wheels (road)
2023  Chasing Wind w/ elite wheels (Gravel)

Dark17

« Reply #392 on: January 14, 2024, 07:33:03 AM »
I, now have a point of comparison as I already installed my Shimano 105 Di2. Pressing the shifters with Shimano is much better since there is a feedback and has more tactility compared to LTwoo which feels like linear when you are pressing those shifters. In terms of shifting performance of RD and FD, I feel Shimano is much better because it's like you are shifting with mechanical (almost no delays) and more quieter than LTwoo. Now I see why LTwoo is much cheaper because Shimano has a much better hardware and software. Also has a much better integration with my head unit (Garmin) because my unit always detects low battery on my LTwoo. Braking feels much better with Shimano. LTwoo's brake caliper is shit

Now, I am trying to sell my LTwoo Er9 if anyone's interested because I need funds. (I plan on not selling for my Gravel bike project but I really need funds right now)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 09:47:43 PM by Dark17 »
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

Sebastian

« Reply #393 on: January 14, 2024, 11:39:21 PM »
Where I live in Europe, an er9 upgrade kit is still only two thirds of the price of the cheapest offerings for 105 Di2. For that money I think it’s a good offering (if you’re ready for some tinkering, that is - as with most cheap D2C stuff from China). But if that gap narrows considerably, I think I’d definitely go with Shimano.

As for battery life: I got around 750k out of the first charge. Some of it was in ERG mode on the trainer, though. So no shifting.

Dark17

« Reply #394 on: January 15, 2024, 07:36:59 AM »
I got my 105 Di2 upgrade kit in AliExpress for a price of LTwoo ErX. I think that is a pretty good deal already.
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

Sebastian

« Reply #395 on: January 16, 2024, 12:52:15 AM »
I got my 105 Di2 upgrade kit in AliExpress for a price of LTwoo ErX. I think that is a pretty good deal already.

Sure. But for me at least part of going the Shimano or Sram route would be a more reliable warranty process, should any issue arise. Not sure I'd get that from Aliexpress.

zerstorer

« Reply #396 on: January 17, 2024, 04:42:24 PM »
Finally installed my ER9 after sitting on it for a month. Smooth installation with no issues, the calipers actually seem pretty good quality with the ceramic pistons.

avocadobike

« Reply #397 on: January 17, 2024, 11:16:07 PM »
Pulled the trigger on er9 today, found on ali from the ltwoo official store , winter sale ends 1/12 for $406.18  US + tax, total $439.69 shipped sans box and battery.  Purchased zitto 11-34 colorful 12 speed cassette  and kmc 12 speed chain as well. Will run 1X with 48T Crank (but have 48/35 2X if I choose later)  .

Let us know how you go with er9 and the Zitto, I used the Zitto for a Ltwoo mechanical build and it wasn’t great, always had issues with the middle gear……I changed the cassette to a sram which worked amazing, shifting now is crisppppp

Dmgreen13

« Reply #398 on: January 21, 2024, 05:41:25 AM »
I've just spent 6 days riding out to watch each stage of the Tour Down Under with my full AliExpress build, including er9 12 speed set up. 600km and 7000m of climbing and it didn't miss a beat. Still no rides in the wet but given other reported issues I added silicone around where the cables plug in to enhance the waterproofing.

zerstorer

« Reply #399 on: January 22, 2024, 08:01:16 PM »
I might have missed it somewhere but how do we check the battery level of the shifters? (Cr2032)
I don't seem to see it displayed anywhere?

The app only reports the derailleur battery level.

Sebastian

« Reply #400 on: January 23, 2024, 12:35:39 AM »
I might have missed it somewhere but how do we check the battery level of the shifters? (Cr2032)

I don't think that's possible. The (very brief) manual also doesn't mention anything AFAIK. Maybe this could be implemented in a future update of the companion app?

mrpercussive

« Reply #401 on: January 24, 2024, 02:48:56 PM »

if i recall correctly, the light on the shifters turn red when battery is at like 20%?

BalticSea

« Reply #402 on: January 27, 2024, 10:00:22 AM »
What bleeding kits does everyone use with their LTWoo groupsets? My kit doesn't fit the callipers and no store in town has a fitting kit.

zerstorer

« Reply #403 on: January 28, 2024, 01:10:35 AM »
I bought the full ezmtb bleed kits from AliExpress and they had the adapters.
IIRC some YouTubers mentioned that ltwoo requires sram style adapters.

zerstorer

« Reply #404 on: January 28, 2024, 01:12:08 AM »
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
SG$13.86  30%OFF | LTWOO L-TWOO Hydraulic Brake Bleed Tools
https://a.aliexpress.com/_oEoeLSc