Author Topic: LTWOO eGR  (Read 16121 times)

trcycling

Re: LTWOO eGR
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2024, 06:45:48 PM »
See attached for screws to check.

Thank you!

Phaxe

« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2024, 06:49:15 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good ali 1x crankset that would marry well with the eGR groupset?

Also - I've read in this thread about replacing the calipers with something like the ZRACE XG flat mounts. Is this necessary or will the adaptors that come with it suit a flat mount gravel frame?

Thanks!

trcycling

« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2024, 06:55:00 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good ali 1x crankset that would marry well with the eGR groupset?

Also - I've read in this thread about replacing the calipers with something like the ZRACE XG flat mounts. Is this necessary or will the adaptors that come with it suit a flat mount gravel frame?

Thanks!

The calipers WITH PROVIDED ADAPTERS should fit flat mount. I cannot confirm 100% as I'd been told they'd fit my post mount (they do not). But they look right for flat mount.  It's worth noting that the caliper itself does not and fits no standard I know of (room for things I've missed), but the adapter is provided to make work. 

I have more detail here: https://trbike.blogspot.com/2024/05/ltwoo-egr-results-writeup.html

Phaxe

« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2024, 07:31:19 PM »
The calipers WITH PROVIDED ADAPTERS should fit flat mount. I cannot confirm 100% as I'd been told they'd fit my post mount (they do not). But they look right for flat mount.  It's worth noting that the caliper itself does not and fits no standard I know of (room for things I've missed), but the adapter is provided to make work. 

I have more detail here: https://trbike.blogspot.com/2024/05/ltwoo-egr-results-writeup.html

Super useful, thank you. I've bookmarked your writeup if I decide to go down the eGR route :)

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2024, 03:03:35 AM »

Thanks!

Not quite aliexpress, but I've gone with an alugear chainring and a magene p505 base powermeter crankset. They'll all work ultimately, seeing as the groupset doesn't matter for 1x.

00Garza

« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2024, 10:15:04 AM »

Thanks!

Are you wanting fancy bling or simple and practical.

Senicx cranks have a good reputation for durability and quality.
There's a bunch of new carbon cranks coming out as well.

Phaxe

« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2024, 06:27:20 PM »
Are you wanting fancy bling or simple and practical.

Senicx cranks have a good reputation for durability and quality.
There's a bunch of new carbon cranks coming out as well.

Simple and practical. I had my eyes on the Senicx, so I think that's the way I'll go. I may upgrade to the Magene 505 down the line, but this will suffice in the interim.