Author Topic: LTWOO eGR  (Read 26124 times)

trcycling

Re: LTWOO eGR
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2024, 06:45:48 PM »
See attached for screws to check.

Thank you!

Phaxe

« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2024, 06:49:15 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good ali 1x crankset that would marry well with the eGR groupset?

Also - I've read in this thread about replacing the calipers with something like the ZRACE XG flat mounts. Is this necessary or will the adaptors that come with it suit a flat mount gravel frame?

Thanks!

trcycling

« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2024, 06:55:00 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good ali 1x crankset that would marry well with the eGR groupset?

Also - I've read in this thread about replacing the calipers with something like the ZRACE XG flat mounts. Is this necessary or will the adaptors that come with it suit a flat mount gravel frame?

Thanks!

The calipers WITH PROVIDED ADAPTERS should fit flat mount. I cannot confirm 100% as I'd been told they'd fit my post mount (they do not). But they look right for flat mount.  It's worth noting that the caliper itself does not and fits no standard I know of (room for things I've missed), but the adapter is provided to make work. 

I have more detail here: https://trbike.blogspot.com/2024/05/ltwoo-egr-results-writeup.html

Phaxe

« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2024, 07:31:19 PM »
The calipers WITH PROVIDED ADAPTERS should fit flat mount. I cannot confirm 100% as I'd been told they'd fit my post mount (they do not). But they look right for flat mount.  It's worth noting that the caliper itself does not and fits no standard I know of (room for things I've missed), but the adapter is provided to make work. 

I have more detail here: https://trbike.blogspot.com/2024/05/ltwoo-egr-results-writeup.html

Super useful, thank you. I've bookmarked your writeup if I decide to go down the eGR route :)

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2024, 03:03:35 AM »

Thanks!

Not quite aliexpress, but I've gone with an alugear chainring and a magene p505 base powermeter crankset. They'll all work ultimately, seeing as the groupset doesn't matter for 1x.

00Garza

« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2024, 10:15:04 AM »

Thanks!

Are you wanting fancy bling or simple and practical.

Senicx cranks have a good reputation for durability and quality.
There's a bunch of new carbon cranks coming out as well.

Phaxe

« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2024, 06:27:20 PM »
Are you wanting fancy bling or simple and practical.

Senicx cranks have a good reputation for durability and quality.
There's a bunch of new carbon cranks coming out as well.

Simple and practical. I had my eyes on the Senicx, so I think that's the way I'll go. I may upgrade to the Magene 505 down the line, but this will suffice in the interim.

00Garza

« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2024, 01:19:51 PM »
Simple and practical. I had my eyes on the Senicx, so I think that's the way I'll go. I may upgrade to the Magene 505 down the line, but this will suffice in the interim.

This is exactly what I did. Started with the senicx, then grabbed the magene when we had some good coupon deals. Its been pretty great for me.

kubackje

« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2024, 04:10:16 PM »

Thanks!

I use senixc crank set with 44t chainring from them and it is super good. Really top quality.

Kactusdog

« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2024, 11:56:30 PM »
Any one have a chance to try an AXS cassette? AKA an XPLR or 10-36? I’m curious if these can be micro adjusted to shift one well. With a flattop chain and SRAM X Sync chainring.

lantz

« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2024, 12:18:04 PM »

Thanks!

I got the 40t Evosid set (https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806578128182.html) - use the road set of the same make on my partners bike and it feels pretty quality. We'll see once i put some more miles on it.

trcycling

« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2024, 08:26:42 PM »
Any one have a chance to try an AXS cassette? AKA an XPLR or 10-36? I’m curious if these can be micro adjusted to shift one well. With a flattop chain and SRAM X Sync chainring.

AFAIK there is no spacing difference on the AXS/XLPLR cassettes should it shouldn't be an issue. I believe there are some tweaks to the sprocket shapes to map to the non-standard chains used there so chain selection might matter.

Keep in mind that the eGR derailleur allows for microtuning for EACH sprocket unlike SRAM. So even if there is an oddity it should be solvable.

lavistaa

« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2024, 06:28:54 PM »
Has anyone tried the rear egr mech with the erx grifters to see if they pair? I want greater capacity in a 2x system

trcycling

« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2024, 07:34:50 PM »
Has anyone tried the rear egr mech with the erx grifters to see if they pair? I want greater capacity in a 2x system

I have not tried myself, but I saw on some show video recently that LTWOO claims cross-compatibility with all 'e' systems of theirs.  I have had good luck getting response from LTWOO 'sales' email (sales @ ltwoo . com), you might just ask directly

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2024, 08:30:49 AM »
My e-gr is dead. Moved it between bikes and can't get anything to work / light up. Any ideas? Not charging either. I have assumed maybe the cable is damaged and ordered a new one. Any other ideas?