Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 72339 times)

Serge_K

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #495 on: October 13, 2024, 04:29:27 AM »
F*** me that's so confusing! Different store indeed, but still! the link you shared, the pictures with the dude are clearly stolen. I do my best not to buy anything from stores who use these pictures because it's a red flag. Ditto with stores with random number names, like store209384828828483, these are pop up shops that are glorified pump and dump schemes. They're always brokers, basically drop shippers, and they're unable / unwilling to send actual pictures of the stuff they sell. The real items essentially never resemble the pictures they use (steal).
Now that being said, this link from eg, from the store you bought from https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005006464078201.html, looks very similar / identical to what i ordered in terms of fabrics (see a collage of my jersey for reference). Here again, ignore the stolen photos with the androgynous dude, i'm talking about the item photos which is clearly made by them / a related party.
Maybe what you got is a case of quality fade, where they make good jerseys, but also shit ones, and over time / randomly they ship shitty ones to save 1 buck? It's in the culture to constantly play games to save 5 cents, so let's not pretend it can't be a thing.
Or you have a very different experience of what's a good jersey and what feels like plastic, i guess that's also plausible?
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

kubackje

« Reply #496 on: October 13, 2024, 06:42:04 AM »
I just shared my experience with the one I've bought. The material did not feel right. Way worse level then other Chinese clothes I've tried. Also when stretching the black material you could see it was white before if you know what I mean, literally black color was fading. Don't know how to explain in English sorry hehe. Also the sizing wasn't accurate so easy choice for me to make a return.

But I will try the one from the store you mentioned when making some orders.

PLA

« Reply #497 on: October 13, 2024, 07:27:26 AM »
F*** me that's so confusing! Different store indeed, but still! the link you shared, the pictures with the dude are clearly stolen. I do my best not to buy anything from stores who use these pictures because it's a red flag. Ditto with stores with random number names, like store209384828828483, these are pop up shops that are glorified pump and dump schemes. They're always brokers, basically drop shippers, and they're unable / unwilling to send actual pictures of the stuff they sell. The real items essentially never resemble the pictures they use (steal).
Now that being said, this link from eg, from the store you bought from https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005006464078201.html, looks very similar / identical to what i ordered in terms of fabrics (see a collage of my jersey for reference). Here again, ignore the stolen photos with the androgynous dude, i'm talking about the item photos which is clearly made by them / a related party.
Maybe what you got is a case of quality fade, where they make good jerseys, but also shit ones, and over time / randomly they ship shitty ones to save 1 buck? It's in the culture to constantly play games to save 5 cents, so let's not pretend it can't be a thing.
Or you have a very different experience of what's a good jersey and what feels like plastic, i guess that's also plausible?

Talking of quality fade, or not really quality fade.. My company orders thick braided cables that are used to hold down the end power line pole so it remains in tension and doesn't fall over.

Anyway.. The Chinese company we previously ordered from, we did so for 5 years, 4-6 orders per year. Not exactly small orders, about $200,000 per order. On the final order they just did a runner and didn't deliver anything. Just disappeared... Or at least tried to.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

repoman

« Reply #498 on: October 13, 2024, 09:49:30 AM »
SRAM in polish literally means "I'm taking a shit" so you know PAS is not that bad after all

;D ;D ;D

repoman

« Reply #499 on: October 13, 2024, 09:54:13 AM »
I bought a semi-thermal jacket from Spexcel a while ago. I think it's really nice in cut and fabric. 
Something that seems to get mentioned a lot with Chinese clothes is that they generally have nice cut/fabric but they put sort of crummy zippers on the stuff, which is true of this Spexcel jacket.

Serge_K

« Reply #500 on: October 13, 2024, 12:57:34 PM »
Talking of quality fade, or not really quality fade.. My company orders thick braided cables that are used to hold down the end power line pole so it remains in tension and doesn't fall over.

Anyway.. The Chinese company we previously ordered from, we did so for 5 years, 4-6 orders per year. Not exactly small orders, about $200,000 per order. On the final order they just did a runner and didn't deliver anything. Just disappeared... Or at least tried to.

Ah then you may want to read Paul milder s two books, what's wrong with China and poorly made in China. They're both easy reads. I think you'll find a lot of shared experience with the stories he tells.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.